+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No offer because open work permit expires in March 2014

Momocha

Dec 3, 2013
Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I hope you can help me with your opinions

I have a job offer in one of Toronto hospital and after interview everything seems great. However, once HR asked regarding my work permit that expires in March 2014, they turned down the offer. The reason is because the position is permanent position and I do not have work permit that expires in two years. I am currently on Bridging Open Work Permit and according to my counselor it will be granted in 2-3 months. I was trying to explained my situation to HR but still no offer.

In my opinion, maybe it will be a hassle for HR to extend my work permit or LMO? On the other hand, I do not need Help from HR to extend my work permit because Briding Open Work Permit will allow me to extend my status and working conditions in Canada. I explained as well that I can extend my work permit asap and still no offer.

What do you guys think?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

The hospital obviously wants to hire someone permanently for the job. They may not be familiar with the Bridging Open Work Permits because these permits are relaively new. Also, until you actually have PR status, there is never a guarantee it will be approved. The hospital may be looking for someone who they absolutely know they can hire permanently.

Again, I don't understand exactly what your question is. It's up to the hospital who they hire and who they don't.

Momocha

Dec 3, 2013
Hi Scylla,

My question is why they do not give a chance for me to extend my open work permit? Because I am still waiting for my permanent residence status and extend Bridging Open Work Permit should not be an issue for me. HR had mentioned that if I have 2 years work permit it should not be a problem.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Momocha said:
Hi Scylla,

My question is why they do not give a chance for me to extend my open work permit? Because I am still waiting for my permanent residence status and extend Bridging Open Work Permit should not be an issue for me. HR had mentioned that if I have 2 years work permit it should not be a problem.
Because they are not interested in taking the chance that your TWP would be extended or your PR refused, then any training they gave you would be wasted and they would then have to hire another person.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PMM said:
Hi

Because they are not interested in taking the chance that your TWP would be extended or your PR refused, then any training they gave you would be wasted and they would then have to hire another person.
This is exactly what I was trying to explain (PMM said it better). It's completely the hospital's choice if they hire you or not. There's really nothing you can do.