+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No oath...

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
You all filing mandamus pro se or are you paying the big bucks for a lawyer? (Assuming you are not yourself one).
Paying lawyer. I value my nerves higher than lawyer's service.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Latest tax added to the armada of taxes we're already paying...
Well, someone has to pay the bills of all that babyboomers who screwed our planet.. right ?

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Well, someone has to pay the bills of all that babyboomers who screwed our planet.. right ?
looking at your case, where you have not been RQ-ed, FP-ed or RP-ed, to me it is absolutely insane why they would delay your application for that long without a reason....

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
looking at your case, where you have not been RQ-ed, FP-ed or RP-ed, to me it is absolutely insane why they would delay your application for that long without a reason....
Well, I had a period of paranoia cause of that, when I thought someone is following me or watching me.. to determine how 'Canadian' I am... Anyway, have an update from call centre, who sent the notice to St. Clair Office on 31 March, Apparently my application was transferred to internal teem for further verification...(when and why is not specified).
I'm tired of them playing volleyball with my application.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Well, I had a period of paranoia cause of that, when I thought someone is following me or watching me.. to determine how 'Canadian' I am... Anyway, have an update from call centre, who sent the notice to St. Clair Office on 31 March, Apparently my application was transferred to internal teem for further verification...(when and why is not specified).
Doesn't mean anything without them giving you an oath date. They're basically telling you "Yup!! we're gonna take more time, and if you need a reason to sleep well, your application was transferred to internal team for further verification" ... pure load of crap ...

Don't trust them, if you have the money for Mandamus, start it now as the process takes time.

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:
Doesn't mean anything without them giving you an oath date. They're basically telling you "Yup!! we're gonna take more time, and if you need a reason to sleep well, your application was transferred to internal team for further verification" ... pure load of crap ...

Don't trust them, if you have the money for Mandamus, start it now as the process takes time.
Just to provide some context, once my application was transferred to a different office (Montreal) for further review (April), things started moving along.
I had DM about a week after I got a call that my file was being reviewed and an oath notification 6 weeks later

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
how have you got this info, have you called them again today?

Do you thing that your lawyer's action on Case Management Branch caused this movement? or simply your March's phone call caused that?
Order electronic ATIP, you should see more info about movement in there.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
how have you got this info, have you called them again today?

Do you thing that your lawyer's action on Case Management Branch caused this movement? or simply your March's phone call caused that?
Order electronic ATIP, you should see more info about movement in there.
I got this info from the Call agent, and there was nothing sent from me, my MP or the lawyer to Case Management Branch, I think it's a waste of time. As Call Agent said, there was no date of the transfer so that might have been done 3 days ago or 8 months ago. Digital Atip will show me the same thing as call agent's info.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
I got this info from the Call agent, and there was nothing sent from me, my MP or the lawyer to Case Management Branch, I think it's a waste of time. As Call Agent said, there was no date of the transfer so that might have been done 3 days ago or 8 months ago. Digital Atip will show me the same thing as call agent's info.
Usually when they move your file around they must put a note in electronic format.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
Usually when they move your file around they must put a note in electronic format.
Apparently it's just internal move (like one officer giving the file to another officer), they would not put any note in the file (maybe just officer's designated ID#). After going through all my documents, my lawyer didn't find any particular reason for the delay, so I don't understand why they are so reluctant to make a decision on my case after so many months hoarding it. Anyway, my Mandaus application started today.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Apparently it's just internal move (like one officer giving the file to another officer), they would not put any note in the file (maybe just officer's designated ID#). After going through all my documents, my lawyer didn't find any particular reason for the delay, so I don't understand why they are so reluctant to make a decision on my case after so many months hoarding it. Anyway, my Mandaus application started today.
I wish you best of luck!

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
HighFive said:
I wish you best of luck!
Ditto. Please keep us in the loop. I (and others I'm sure) will follow in a few weeks/months if we don't get traction.

What a shame that we have to take this kind of action because this department has no real accountability.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Ditto. Please keep us in the loop. I (and others I'm sure) will follow in a few weeks/months if we don't get traction.

What a shame that we have to take this kind of action because this department has no real accountability.
Will keep you posted if there is any kind of movement. Mandamus has a few steps before getting to the court, hope it won't get there and will be settled by CIC before that, in my favour of course.