+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No need to translate foreign entry/exit stamps in passport?

Chaser68

Dec 19, 2019
Hi everyone,

I was always under an impression that one needs to have a notarized certified translation for all foreign country entry/exit visa stamps that are not in English or French, and that this is verified during the interview with the citizenship officer after the test. I was also told that failure to do this will result in getting RQ.

To verify this, I called IRCC and was told that no translation is required and that the stamps won't even be checked to verify entry/exit to Canada.

Can anyone let me know if this is the case, and whether you have translated/notarized your foreign country entry/exit stamps?

Thanks in advance.
I was asked during the interview to provide certified translation for all entry/exit stamps and was given 30 days to mail it back to IRCC office

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I was asked during the interview to provide certified translation for all entry/exit stamps and was given 30 days to mail it back to IRCC office
For which stamps, Saudi or others (from where)?

I'm guessing the issue is with stamps that have the date in a non 'English' format?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For which stamps, Saudi or others (from where)?

I'm guessing the issue is with stamps that have the date in a non 'English' format?
Hi,
Non-English and Non-French ones.

All the best,
~A

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you translate them? Did you do it as a sheet/table for stamps?

Thank you
I haven't yet as I haven't received my test invite yet.
However my plan is to send it to a translation office, along side I will keep an excel file.

All the best.
~A