+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No more pages in the Passport

calvin_raw

Oct 8, 2015
Hi,

I have PR visa stamped on my passport but have not done the landing yet.
Last couple of months i had to travel a lot for business trips and shockingly have run out of empty pages.

My question is if i apply for a new passport, would i be able to do the landing on my new passport?
is the PR application mapped to my passport no?

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
they can still stamp. they ll see any empty space and stamp it. but better talk to CIC for being doubly sure.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
The process would be very similar to re-issue of a new passport with unexpired/active VISAs still on the old passport.

In cases like the above, you have to carry along both passports and if they don't find space in the old passport, they just look at the VISA on the old passport and stamp the new one or something similar.

I'm sure it's not too much of an issue, but do check with CIC once to be doubly sure.

Rohit Sawhney

May 29, 2016
Hi Calvin,

I facing a similar issue now.

I recently got my PR visa stamped, haven't done the landing yet and I have run out of pages on my passport.

I wanted to know if you applied for a new passport before your first landing and if there was an issue? Also, if you did get a new passport, did you need to move your visa to the new passport?

Thanks a ton.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calvin_raw said:
Hi,

I have PR visa stamped on my passport but have not done the landing yet.
Last couple of months i had to travel a lot for business trips and shockingly have run out of empty pages.

My question is if i apply for a new passport, would i be able to do the landing on my new passport?
is the PR application mapped to my passport no?
In my opinion, you shouldn't have any problem, If your visa is still valid you can landing with your two passports (expired and new), as long as the visa is valid, no damaged.

When you arrive at the port-of-entry (POE, generally an airport or land border) the Customs and Border Protection Immigration Officer will check your visa in the old passport then they will stamp your new passport with an admission stamp along with the annotation "VIOPP" (visa in other passport).

Note that, do not try to remove the visa from your old passport and stick it into the new valid passport. If you do so, your visa will no longer be valid.