+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No more asking for Travel Document - Software bug or am i missing something ?

arch_e

May 11, 2015
Any luck guys? Did anyone hear from cic technical team yet? Btw Caimi did you trying logging into your mycic account from different browsers?..you can also try clearing browser cache and cookies ..none of these worked for me though .Just thought should share.
Good luck

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, it tends to take weeks for CIC to respond to enquiries. do what you can but i wouldn't be waiting for a reply to submit the application.

gfaux03

May 10, 2015
Hey guys,

I got a reply from CIC, this is there message

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Due to a system limitation with the online application, certain document fields will not be auto-populated in the document checklist. Please note that you may upload your passport (or any other supporting document) to the Letter of Explanation section of your online application’s document checklist.

We hope this information will help you, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Unfortunately for me, my wife and I have so many stamps in our passports, both old and new and we have exceed the
4MB size (both our passports), this is after reducing the pdf size. I sent them another message asking what is the other option, since uploading our passport together will be over the size limit

arch_e

May 11, 2015
I received the same reply this morning. I believe the letter of explanation section is clearly the way to go. Don't wait for the issue to be corrected.
Dear Client,

Due to a system limitation with the online application, certain document fields will not be auto-populated in the document checklist. Please note that you may upload your passport (or any other supporting document) to the Letter of Explanation section of your online application’s document checklist.

We hope this information will help you, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Guys,

I attached the travel docs along with PCC and submitted the application yesterday.

It has been 15 hours since I made the payment and submitted the application but the status still shows 'Processing submission'.

Any idea if it is normal or another system issue? When does the status change to 'Submitted' ?

Thanks,
caimi

gfaux03 said:
Hey guys,

I got a reply from CIC, this is there message

Due to a system limitation with the online application, certain document fields will not be auto-populated in the document checklist. Please note that you may upload your passport (or any other supporting document) to the Letter of Explanation section of your online application's document checklist.

Unfortunately for me, my wife and I have so many stamps in our passports, both old and new and we have exceed the
4MB size (both our passports), this is after reducing the pdf size. I sent them another message asking what is the other option, since uploading our passport together will be over the size limit

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
Hi Guys,

I'm facing the same issue of missing "Travel document" in the checklist while trying to submit. I remember very well that I had uploaded the Passport copy last week when the upload option was available.

Anyone else facing the issue? Please report the issue to CIC as I did so that they can resolve the glitch if there are lot of requests where this issue is reported.

lenenebril

May 15, 2015
There is a note in the Online Services website:

Please note that some citizenship applicants are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our e-Client Application Status online tool. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may refer to the processing times web page for an estimate of how long it may take to process your application. Thank you for your patience.