+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No more asking for Travel Document - Software bug or am i missing something ?

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Hello all,

Uploading PR documents is driving me crazy :'( Few days ago I took a snapshot of all the docs required and Spouse's Travel doc was required to be uploaded but not his Education credentials. When I opened the CIC page again today, it is no more asking to upload his travel document but is asking for Education credentials.

I would think 'Travel document' (passport details) should be a mandatory since it contains all information for his travel but Education credential should not be mandatory since we have already provided ECA before, but unable to comprehend why the required documents list has changed.

I don't have a problem in uploading what is being asked but again I think Passport details is important.

Any insights ?

Thanks in advance.
caimi

gfaux03

May 10, 2015
Hello,

I notice the same problem, when I wanted to update my passport details as well which is strange.
I sent CIC a message and shared my application with them. In the mean time if you have any
information do let me know. I will post more information when I hear from CIC, hopefully soon.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same, the request for my passport disappeared. I uploaded it in letter of explanation and sent it through on a case specific enquiry too. that's all i can do..

stholy

Apr 1, 2015
Same situation here.

Definitely a software glitch.

Will be including passport copy along with letter of explanantion

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
I was planning to include the passport copies along with PCC. I think 'Letter of Explanation' page would work too!

Please confirm to the group if anyone receives an official word from CIC on this.

Thanks,
ciami

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
I don't see it as well. I have uploaded all my documents except the Use of Representative form, about a week ago. I logged in a I see that the passport upload section is not there. I can still see the document for National identity.

I'll check back again tomorrow and hopefully the bug should have been sorted out.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
There are so many bugs in this system; it's downright scary.

mucalica

Mar 29, 2015
Same problem here. I was trying to submit my document tonight because I wait for medical for 40 days. When I enter application there is no space for passport anymore, for my wife and me and instead we asked to submit Education Diploma !!!
I am not in Federal Skilled Worker program ??
can someone write mail address that I can contact.

I heard from peoples expirience that server have to many bugs and that it's just sad. I spend to much time gathering all the documents that I need and now i cant aply ???

arch_e

May 11, 2015
Same problem here ..it's ridiculous.. I called cic today and they suggested me to fill out an online form explaining the problem and attaching screenshots of the page .. even tried to delete my passport info and entered it again but to no avail.. i hope its sorted out soon .. it's annoying and the deadline to submit is approaching :(

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
It is aweful :mad: :eek: I am so pissed off right now....

I uploaded my passport details yesterday in the Passport/Travel docs section and now the whole section is missing (with my passport details) ????

Can someone please share the CIC id so that I can atleast write to them about the issue. I need to submit my application in 3 days.

Thanks,
caimi

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Thanks Dan! That would be the last option with me but this really does not makes sense.

First I could not find the Travel docs section for my spouse and then I find the same section missing for me though I had uploaded my docs. I can still see the travel section for my son. Not sure how to hold it tight so that I do not lose it next :)

Long story short, I believe that the issue would exist with other applicants as well who are in the process of uploading required docs. So, I urge all applicants to login and check and take a corrective action (I don't know if it exists though..) if possible.

mucalica

Mar 29, 2015
Ciami, we are in same trouble. My two daughters still have passport, but for me and my wife passports missing. Instead we get field to submit Education diploma !!!!
My wife is cleaner...diploma, really ???
I am drown-out for FST and I dont need verification for Education as well. But now they put me in hard position because I don't have time for that. I counting less then 10 days for submitting.
I send mail with explanation and all necessary screenshots, Hope for clarification or I will withdraw application and start all over again.
Submitting passport in letter of explanation is highly inappropriate, because software can refuse your application before any of the officers start process on checking submitted document.
I read here suggestions like that but I think it is not the way it should work.
Passport is one of the most important document and it must have separate field, that is mandatory.
The lack of field for a passport is only SYSTEM BUG, nothing more, nothing less...

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
I would agree with you mucalica on some of the points.

Don't totally agree that if we enter passport details in 'letter of explanation', they are gonna outright reject the application.

I think I would go with that as a last option but I cannot go though this all over again! honestly... enough is enough!

Others who have this issue - any resolution so far or any inputs from CIC ?

Thanks,
caimi

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
any update guys on this issue ? Sorry for the follow-up but want to check if I can get last minute (days) help.

Thanks,