+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No moment on Online Visa Application - Processing Time Passed

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
So I applied for a tourist visa, from my country of residence, Thailand.
Applied online. Submitted all the docs 100% correctly. Im dead sure all the docs are correct got it checked and there shouldn't really be anything holding up my application.

I realize the processing time tool is just an estimate, but my flight departs on the 20th September which is 14 days from now, and I cant get refunded or the date changed.

Read about extradited Tourist Visa applications on this forum but most who tried it said it was just a waste of time

My Time Line / Details are as Follows:
  • Applied Online
  • I've applied 25 days back (Estimated Processing Time was 23 days)
  • I got online payment receipt after I applied online (instantly)
  • Got confirmation of submission 6-days after I applied online (had to report technical issue for it to be shown / uploaded submission)

QUESTION
All I've got since applying 25-days back was payment receipt and confirmation of submission.....NOTHING ELSE, since then, complete silence, again my flight is departing soon. What can I do, if anything...?

Can I go and visit the Canadian Embassy, would they be able to help?

Many Thanks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If it falls outside the regular processing times, you can send an enquiry via e-mail. The embassy won't accept calls or visitors. Be aware, in many cases the processing can stretch out for months, primarily due to delays in information requests from the residents Country.

Buying tickets before the visa is issued is never recommended.

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Be aware, in many cases the processing can stretch out for months, primarily due to delays in information requests from the residents Country.
Thank you so much for your reply. May I ask you to elaborate and explain what you mean with the quoted (above) mentioned statement...??

If it is of any help, Background Check says not applicable, and I do not require Bio-metrics nor a Health Check....so I dont exactly understand what you mean with the above.

Also if there was information request should I not have received some sort of ghost email, which is apparently triggered when they open your online application, or some sort of update on my online dashboard...

Also if I do email the embassy any idea what I should mention? Just that my visa hasn't been processed and my flight is departing soon...

I believe it is a case of my application has simply not been looked at yet, despite expired time

Many Thanks