+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No longer a pr card holder applied for super visa

Nitiar

Nov 14, 2018
My mother was pr card holder, pr expired 2008 applied for a travel document refused due to not meeting the required days in Canada. After the appeal she applied for visitor visa s few times but was refused. Few days ago I applied for super visa with all the required documents needed. Can the application have a negative impact if she was a pr card holder before. I also have 2 sisters living in Canada. My mother is leaving behind my father in our country.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
My mother was pr card holder, pr expired 2008 applied for a travel document refused due to not meeting the required days in Canada. After the appeal she applied for visitor visa s few times but was refused. Few days ago I applied for super visa with all the required documents needed. Can the application have a negative impact if she was a pr card holder before. I also have 2 sisters living in Canada. My mother is leaving behind my father in our country.
The fact that she was a PR 10 years ago shouldn't make too much difference. However, the more recent visa denials are more important. Why was she denied?

If IRCC feels that she is trying to come to Canada to live here permanently, she will be denied again.

Nitiar

Nov 14, 2018
The visa denials were for the same basic reasons they usually use for rejecting applications. I’m just worried about it if she will not get approved as i got the medical insurance all the documents. Does not leaving your husband in home country be a strong reason to going back and also work as well

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The visa denials were for the same basic reasons they usually use for rejecting applications. I’m just worried about it if she will not get approved as i got the medical insurance all the documents. Does not leaving your husband in home country be a strong reason to going back and also work as well
Family ties (like her husband back home) are usually a good reason to get the visa, yes.

But it's impossible to say whether she will be approved or denied. Her past history does count against her because obviously IRCC didn't give her the visa then - I'm assuming she probably had similar family ties on prior applications as well.

However, no point looking for trouble. You have done the best you could, submitted all the right documents and proof. Supervisa applications are different from regular TRV, so you shouldn't worry too much. Wait and see.

The PR status from 11 years ago isn't a bar to getting a supervisa (or any visa).

Nitiar

Nov 14, 2018
I really appreciate your feedback. I just got an email requesting her biometric to be submitted. Due to her case we have contacted immigration and we were told that the best option for her case would be a super visa so that’s why I proceeded with. I will update my case once i get an answer back I really hope it will be approved