+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No letter of introduction and no real copy of CAQ

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hi all,
I got my visa today from the embassy, the embassy only gave me my visa on my passport and I asked for my Letter of introduction and the worker told me "you don't need it, its just a cover" and when I asked her if I require the real copy of my CAQ she told me she doesn't know.

I know there are many topics on people not receiving their letter of introduction but some people say that you need it and others say you don't. Last year when I entered canada, they asked for both, letter of introduction and the real CAQ copy.

Also I called the embassy and asked them to send me the letter of introduction and they said they don't have it. I applied online and I should have received it by email, but I didn't receive it either.

Can anyone help me with what to do with my case and who I should contact?

Thank you all,

karm96

Aug 22, 2014
You need both the letter of introduction that must be sent to your CIC account and the original CAQ that you must receive by mail. It is a new rule since June 1, 2014. I was advised by a Canadian lawyer not to move without these important documents. You will not be allowed at the port of entry POE to enter canada without these documents in addition to the acceptance letter from the college or university and a proof of financial support (who will pay your expenses) like a bank statement and a letter would be great from the one who will pay.
Send the embassy where you got your visa emails and faxes.

karm96

Aug 22, 2014
Any way please check the info I posted from other sources. But this is what happened in my case.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

karm96 said:
You need both the letter of introduction that must be sent to your CIC account and the original CAQ that you must receive by mail. It is a new rule since June 1, 2014. I was advised by a Canadian lawyer not to move without these important documents. You will not be allowed at the port of entry POE to enter canada without these documents in addition to the acceptance letter from the college or university and a proof of financial support (who will pay your expenses) like a bank statement and a letter would be great from the one who will pay.
Send the embassy where you got your visa emails and faxes.

Incorrect. No such rules since June, 2014. All you need a valid PP with a TRV on it to enter Canada. LOI is just a symbolic thing, doesn't matter at all if you don't have one.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
thats the issue, ever person says something different. another thing, does the Financial statement have to be a real copy or can it be a photocopy as I don;t have the real copy, (its with my dad in france) and I only have a photo copy. Do i need the real copy at the border?

karm96

Aug 22, 2014
Guys, I just went out from the airport in Montreal. The immigration asked only for my passport and the letter of introduction. I asked the officer what if one comes without the letter of introduction. She replied: "No letter of introduction, NO ENTRY"

amanitaki

Aug 24, 2014
Thanx karm for making it clear to us! What about the original CAQ document? If you have a LOI it means that you have been issued a CAQ and you have a confirmation letter right?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

amanitaki said:
Thanx karm for making it clear to us! What about the original CAQ document? If you have a LOI it means that you have been issued a CAQ and you have a confirmation letter right?

LOI means a Letter of Introduction which states that you have been approved for a study/work permit. Its not your permit or visa and do not allow you to enter/remain in Canada. Its symbolic in nature. You won't be refused entry if you don't have it. Important is your TRV with a UCI number on it. With your UCI number, IO at POE can access all information pertaining to your permit approval on the system.

SARA KHAN

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Canada
Guys i hve recieved only my psprt with visa stamp. There is no LOI in the envelop alng wd passprt. Frnds plz suggest me what should i do. I hve booked my flight on 30 aug.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Is it different in my case, since this is a renewal of a study permit and visa? My visa and study permit expired this month and i reapplied and I got confirmation (not letter of introduction) and i went to get my visa from the embassy. I have the visa stamped in my passport. Could it be since I already had an old study permit, they can issue me a new one using the old one?

kamal3589

Jun 27, 2014
i am in canada..i too dont had LOI. No need. But you need Original CAQ which should have reched you by post.

Paa

Sep 28, 2013
At Montreal airport, they only asked of my Passport, Letter of Introduction, and CAQ.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Are you sure you need the original CAQ copy? Can't they use the pdf notification from my account. My university's international office told me they do not require the real one , they can use the pdf that was uploaded online.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Just an update: I just called Immigration Quebec and the person there told me they do not ask for the CAQ at the airport (not sure if thats true) and that once I reach canada, i can call them and they can mail me a duplicate. So i guess you can enter canada without the original CAQ but can use the pdf notification issued online.

fibbekz

Dec 7, 2014
Please, any update on Letter of Introduction? I've received my TRV but no Letter of Introduction. I have sent email to Canadian embassy that issue my Visa but no response yet.

@kamal3589, when did you enter Canada. I'm desperately in need of information. Anyone that entered Canada recently without Letter of Introduction???? Kindly advise.