+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no last name in passport - What to fill in EE?

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Hi Vincyluthra,

Did you find your answer? I also have the same scenario and want to know what should I fill for the first and last name?
Please advise.
If you or your spouse have only one name in your passport ( i.e only first name), write that first name in the column of last name and leave first name blank. Do not write NA. Check the following link for official information on this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.2

ankit0912

Nov 1, 2018
If you or your spouse have only one name in your passport ( i.e only first name), write that first name in the column of last name and leave first name blank. Do not write NA. Check the following link for official information on this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.2
Hi Hitesh,

The family section of the Express Entry Profile has both the Given name and Surname fields as mandatory. In this case, I am not able to keep my Given name field as blank. What should I enter for Given Name field in this scenario?
Please help.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Hi Hitesh,

The family section of the Express Entry Profile has both the Given name and Surname fields as mandatory. In this case, I am not able to keep my Given name field as blank. What should I enter for Given Name field in this scenario?
Please help.
I believe you are talking about Immediate Family members section, (i.e you mother, father, siblings etc) . In that case you have no choice, you can enter same name in both places. but for yourself, your spouse and your children, you should leave first name blank and write everything in last name if there is no last name on passports. For more clarifications, you can insert screen shot of the page you are having problem at.

harikatalanki

Sep 16, 2018
I believe you are talking about Immediate Family members section, (i.e you mother, father, siblings etc) . In that case you have no choice, you can enter same name in both places. but for yourself, your spouse and your children, you should leave first name blank and write everything in last name if there is no last name on passports. For more clarifications, you can insert screen shot of the page you are having problem at.
Hi,

Since this thread has the last message in 2018, I am affirmative that the solutions you all have applied would have worked. Please provide your valuable suggestion in my case

Post ITA, in eAPR form, while entering application/profile details under Family section where I need to enter the names (First Name+Last Name), My father-in-law has name only as ALEXANDER (and nothing else). He has expired in 2006. This thread addresses having names as XXX YYY in the given name, but no one had the same question as I have. Please advise what is the best way to write his first and last name? Can I repeat the same name in both fields and explain this in LOE showing his name on the death certificate?

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Hi,

Since this thread has the last message in 2018, I am affirmative that the solutions you all have applied would have worked. Please provide your valuable suggestion in my case

Post ITA, in eAPR form, while entering application/profile details under Family section where I need to enter the names (First Name+Last Name), My father-in-law has name only as ALEXANDER (and nothing else). He has expired in 2006. This thread addresses having names as XXX YYY in the given name, but no one had the same question as I have. Please advise what is the best way to write his first and last name? Can I repeat the same name in both fields and explain this in LOE showing his name on the death certificate?
Yes, you can and as I said in my earlier posts as well that there is no other option left. Go Ahead.