+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No jobs in Canada for immigrants ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisal2000

Sep 27, 2006
Hi,

I am planning to immigrate to Canada. I appied already under skilled worker category. I am afraid of some informatiion that is currently in the internet about that immigrants have difficulties to find jobs in Canada. I want to work as a professional but don't want to work doing menial jobs.

Do you have information about this ? I want to know the truth before moving and making a big investment. I don't want to make a big mistake !

Thank you.

T

Test

It depends on a lot of things, for example:

1, your communication skills (English and/or French)
2, what will you want to do. There is only one Prime Minister in Canada.
3, your expectation

It is true that some people have difficulties to find jobs even though there are plenty of works in Canada. And many people feel happy here undoubtedly.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi there

Excellent response Test!! you got the point

Faisal2000

it is not easy to find the Job we expected to have in our home countries either, just balance what you have now...is your country better?

If you are planning to move into another Country, with different culture, language, etc... so you might expect for some hard work to do my friend, as Test just said well, there is only one big man, the newcomers have extra work, unless your English and French are 100% and you have a very big professional background and there is nobody in Canada able to perform the job you are looking for, otherwise...let's work hard body

No offense my friend, all of us, who are in this process; we are in the same train as well.

Regards
Eduardo

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Faisal2000,

I will advise you with every sincerety to look at the positive sides of a situation and not to be bogged down by negativities. Have you ever realized that people with great and positive ideas always survive in times of scarcity? Why is that immigrants that came to the US during the dark eras are the owners of the big businesses in America today.

If you are planning to come to Canada, come with great ideas about what you want to do and how to achieve it with a positive mind. The empty barrels who can't make it are the ones that make the most noise and prevent others from comming.
Have you ever asked yourself one thing....We are hear the same stories everyday about immigrants not finding jobs in America and yet the processing times keep increasing because more and more people want to come in.....
And to the ones with negative minds who are already there I would say if Canada is not what you expect pack your bags and go home and create room for others.

tired_of_waiting

Star Member
Jan 3, 2006
Nova Scotia
No, it's terrible here...! I had to wait a full week before being offered two jobs, the worst part of that was the one I turned down was only paying me nearly twice what I was earning before. On top of that, the summer has had hardly any rain and all the grass around my big house has gone bright green and keeps growing, I have to cut it once a week. The sunshine was so bad I actually had to constantly use the air conditioning in my new truck - which I bought after landing my job.

The job is ok but they only let me work 40 hours a week - if I don't get the job done in those hours then there is a thing called over time - where they pay my hourly rate, plus half again until the job is done. This makes me mad, I am used to working 60 or 70 hours a week, I don't know what to do with all my spare time, I just mope about my house, wathcing TV and being with my family.

The house is another subject altogether, the best I could afford was to have a house built for me in 2 acres of land - it's a humble 2800sqft place but it's all I could afford with my new salary. I don't have any neighbours close by so I find it quite lonely sometimes.

My kids have just started at the local school, I can't believe they are expected to take a bus to school, where we used to live they had to walk 45 minutes there and back again - regardless of weather conditions. The only exercise my kids get now is running around our yard or going on long hikes in the country or bike rides with me and their mom - it's terrible.

It's lucky the health care here is free or I would have to pay to be treated for all the depresion this place gives me. Don't come here, it's awful, you should consider more inviting places, somewhere that doesn't make you put up with the things I have said above.

rimsha

May 3, 2005
Hi, Faisal,

I aggree what other posts have advised you, one must think optimistically .. everwhere there is difficulties in the world even in our own countries we face many kind of hurdles.... so be positive u will have many opportunities .. see the positive side.. and keep ur aims high.. best of luck...

Rimsha

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
Faisal 2000,

You have to make up your mind!

No one will categorically tell u to leave ur country and pack to Canada bcos pple have different stories, your may be an exception - who knows?

Just be yourself and decide, you can in the alternative make moves while not cleaning up totally at home, just come visit and check for yourself and if it's not good enough - you go back.

But of a truth it's been hard getting the kind of job u want or proud of - guess it's a matter of time sa

d ball is in ur court!

faisal2000

Sep 27, 2006
I have decided to go to Canada. Well worth the risk...I've seen all this immigrants issues and still believe I'm much better off in Canada.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
My friend Faisal2000

So you have taken a final decision, well… if you think it is the correct choice good for you and good luck on your research all free of risk. hopefully you'll find whatever you are looking for.

I just was thinking about the first pioneers that came all along the America, thanks God they decided to take the risk (my thought)

God bless you!!
Eduardo

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Faisal2000,

Just a final word

If you think there is a place that is completely free of risk, then that is place is heaven but it takes a clean mind and a risk-free mind to go there!

faisal2000

Sep 27, 2006
I don't know what the hell is going on there but I have read too many good things about immigrants in Canada. I have been making a research to immigrate to England, Australia or USA, and honesty the only country that I see that immigrants are happyin about is Canada. Someone can tell me why ??? So what I going to do is to make more research to make a final desicion. Thanks for the help.

Banky

Aug 28, 2006
You are an indicisive man unsteady in his way. life is all about risk and taking chances. In life, there will always be the good, the bad and the ugly. Be +ve and work hard to achieve your goal. Be that Maaaaan!

faisal2000

Sep 27, 2006
I have found some negative and positive information about Canada in the web. I cannot go on with my PR process if don't get more factual info...I just get some individual opinions ...anyone can do it ??? if not, then is because something is wrong there and I don't want to be another loser as I am now in my own country.

THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.