+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No invitation for oath 8 months after exam

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shortie said:
To be fair, the average Canadian citizen also cannot pass a law that requires anyone to do anything! The ONLY thing my husband as a citizen, can do that I can't, is vote for his local Member of Parliament on the 3rd Monday of October every four years! Other than that there is nothing he can do that I can't. I can raise issues with my MP as he can, I can write to a newspaper to raise issues, I can start a petition.... There is nothing he can do that I can't, other than vote. Once he has voted for his choice, there is little he can do until the next election four years later.. He can do no more than I can in fact.
He can get elected, apply for a job with the government that requires top security clearence, pass citizenship to children born out of Canada, and apply for a passport. So, it makes quite a difference to some people.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Diplomatru said:
He can get elected, apply for a job with the government that requires top security clearence, pass citizenship to children born out of Canada, and apply for a passport. So, it makes quite a difference to some people.
Agree

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
Good morning friends in "arms" :D

I just checked my wife's status and it finally reads "Decision Made". If my theories are correct, this means they FINALLY updated all her assessments and their system should issue the invitation for oath any minute now. Let's see. I'll keep you posted.

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
Hello friends,

Before hitting the hay I wanted to let you know the MP's constituency assistant called my wife early this afternoon to tell her CIC sent our invitation already and we should be receiving it shortly.

Cautiously excited ::)

Stand-by for the next update.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
regg4791 said:
Hello friends,

Before hitting the hay I wanted to let you know the MP's constituency assistant called my wife early this afternoon to tell her CIC sent our invitation already and we should be receiving it shortly.

Cautiously excited ::)

Stand-by for the next update.
Congrats !!!

sfaisalm

Oct 25, 2012
Regg4791:
Would you like to share what was the issue with your wife's process and how long it delayed?

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
sfaisalm said:
Regg4791:
Would you like to share what was the issue with your wife's process and how long it delayed?
Hello sfaisalm,

According to the CIC officer who got contacted by the MP's constituency assistant, the issue was basically that "someone forgot" to enter the results from my wife's exam. Based on my ATIP report, it seems as they finish updating all assessments only after the applicant pass the exam. In my ATIP report, all assessments where updated the same day we passed the exam (May 22, 2015), but in my wife's case they updated it on Feb 12, 2016, only after receiving the call from the MP's office. Only then her status changed to "Decision Made" which is supposed trigger the invitation.

In short, don't bother calling CIC. Just request ATIP report and present your case to your MP.

I know "it's not over until the fat lady sings" ;), so I'll be able to objectively validate my theories only after receiving the letter.

Regards,

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regg4791 said:
Hello Kurtz,

My suggestion is not to wait any longer and ask your MP to intervene. The constituency assistant (Don Valley East) who interviewed us told us they're receiving countless similar cases being handled by the Scarborough office. She told us they have a mess there.

We need to raise our voices and put some pressure until they put their act together.

Good luck and all the best.
Hi regg4791,

Congrats,

My case is a bit different than yours since both of our status have changed to DM. I'm currently not in Toronto, and I'll contact my MP as soon as I'm back.

Thanks

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
jondon said:
regg4791,

How long did it take for your MP to respond back to your letter?

Thanks.

Hello jondon,

Same day. Our electoral district is Don Valley North by the way. The treatment we've received from the constituency assistant (Janet) so far has been nothing less than excellent. For any applicants living in this electoral district experiencing issues, I highly recommend presenting your case to Janet.

Our story is not over yet though. We're supposed to receive the letter any day now. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck.

jondon

Jun 16, 2015
Hello regg4791,

Thank you for the quick reply.

My situation is a little different. I gave my interview at the Mississauga office on 21 Sep. Was told to expect the oath invite within 2-4 months. I was checking my mail as well the online status check tool on a regular basis. Then on 1 Dec I receive the oath invite for the oath ceremony held on 24 Nov. The letter was dated 7 Nov and has a post mark of 9 Nov. At a loss to understand why it took 22 days to reach me. I live about 11 km's from the CIC office. No updates to ECAS at all.

I called the CIC call center next day and they advised me to write to CIC giving reasons for missing the oath. Wrote to CIC on 7 Dec. According to the Call Center, CIC Mississauga have received the letter and I am in the waitlist for oath. They also said that it can take up to 6 months for the oath to be rescheduled. Wondering if speaking to my local MP will help speed up the process.

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
Good morning friends,

With great relief I inform you that we finally got the infamous 5th line in our eCAS. Here are the entries:

* We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 1, 2014.
* We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 9, 2015.
* We started processing your application on February 28, 2015.
* We sent you a notice on May 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 22, 2015 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
* We sent you a notice on February 19, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

This confirms my theory about the process executed by CIC. The process is not streamlined and the sequence is manual therefore, prompt to lots of stupid human errors and apparently not monitored regularly. Once more, in conclusion, don't settle for the status quo and just wait indefinitely. Present your case to your MP and claim your rights. Just so you know, as a backup plan I presented my case to an immigration attorney and he told me it's "a violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms" if the CIC does not send the invitation to an applicant with a routine application and that has passed all the assessments.

It has been a looong and tortuous road for me and my family and I hope our experience will help others. Please send me an IM if you want to share more thoughts.

Thanks for all your support and I wish success to all of you.

jondon

Jun 16, 2015
As mentioned in other posts, I also received my oath invite for the rescheduled oath on 2 March. ECAS still not updated.

jondon

Jun 16, 2015
Thanks regg4791!

Congratulations to you too! Will IM you one of these days so we can share our experience.