+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No invitation for oath 8 months after exam

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
My case is a non routine case as I was asked to submit coloured copies of my passport and i94 print outs after my 1st citizenship test which I had failed 14/20, and than waited for the 2nd test, which I got for in Nov 2015 which I cleared 19/20 and the citizenship officer told me that if everything is ok and I should get my oath within 3 - 5 months. And so far I am still waiting with no knowledge of whats the status of my file or when they would send me a letter for OATH, even my online status still shows as " IN PROCESS ".
Ive been asked by few to withdraw my application, some have said wait for the OATH it should be coming any moment but my problem is my PR card is also expiring in June and we have planned a vacation in summer vacation with my family who are already Canadians......
DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO with the situation i am in ?????
:(

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
YNSAFDARI said:
My case is a non routine case as I was asked to submit coloured copies of my passport and i94 print outs after my 1st citizenship test which I had failed 14/20, and than waited for the 2nd test, which I got for in Nov 2015 which I cleared 19/20 and the citizenship officer told me that if everything is ok and I should get my oath within 3 - 5 months. And so far I am still waiting with no knowledge of whats the status of my file or when they would send me a letter for OATH, even my online status still shows as " IN PROCESS ".
Ive been asked by few to withdraw my application, some have said wait for the OATH it should be coming any moment but my problem is my PR card is also expiring in June and we have planned a vacation in summer vacation with my family who are already Canadians......
I would say not to withdraw...leave the application as-is. Also, proceed with the vacation and advise CIC the dates you will be gone. If PR card renewal processing times are too long, i would recommend traveling and then getting a PRTD to return to Canada.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YNSAFDARI said:
I'm without the Oath for 9 months after the test, no RQ no additional docs no FP. Still "in process". Talking from my experience, you should involve as much people as possible as soon as you can. Also without knowing exactly why your application is on hold, better not to reapply as this 'problem' might appear again.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I have read this thread and completely understand the fraustration

I am like I don't care!
Time Line
Applied: Sep-2012
In Process: Feb-2013
RQ Received: April-2013 ( I was away for over 98 days so residency questions made only single trip )
RQ Sent: May-2013 ( with whole lot of documents to prove my residency in Canada)
Contacted MP's ordered ATIP notes Contacted CIC ( Every one is saying your file is non-routine so you have to wait)
So I waited wasted and waited
Out of moon I have received a notice to appear for my test and interview July-2016
Passed Test 20/20 and did interview with CO everything goes well with CO
What he mentioned me, is that your immigration clearance is still pending so, we can not send you oath letter until we received your final immigration clearance
I think I still have to wait or what best I can do? :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :( :( :eek: :eek:

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
am4u2ster said:
Hello
I have read this thread and completely understand the fraustration

I am like I don't care!
Time Line
Applied: Sep-2012
In Process: Feb-2013
RQ Received: April-2013 ( I was away for over 98 days so residency questions made only single trip )
RQ Sent: May-2013 ( with whole lot of documents to prove my residency in Canada)
Contacted MP's ordered ATIP notes Contacted CIC ( Every one is saying your file is non-routine so you have to wait)
So I waited wasted and waited
Out of moon I have received a notice to appear for my test and interview July-2016
Passed Test 20/20 and did interview with CO everything goes well with CO
What he mentioned me, is that your immigration clearance is still pending so, we can not send you oath letter until we received your final immigration clearance
I think I still have to wait or what best I can do? :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :( :( :eek: :eek:
What does your last ATIP say? What is the location of your file?

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
What does your last ATIP say? What is the location of your file?
All report shows passed except

Last ATIP Report : IMM clearance: On Hold
Most Current ATIP Report shows IMM clearance: Suspend

I don't know what the heck is that

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
am4u2ster said:
All report shows passed except

Last ATIP Report : IMM clearance: On Hold
Most Current ATIP Report shows IMM clearance: Suspend

I don't know what the heck is that
Your immigration clearance is on hold, alas... I think a couple more people on this forum are also stuck in this situation for months!

Did you end up getting your PR card renewed?

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Your immigration clearance is on hold, alas... I think a couple more people on this forum are also stuck in this situation for months!

Yeah I got PR Card Renewed in Early 2014... That time this people have not asked me for any documents it was a straight forward process.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:

Funny part is that I have submitted my Citizenship Application On Sep-2012 and got my PR Renewed in Early-2014
So, one part CIC Renewed my PR without asking for any additional documents, but when it comes to citizenship they just want to delay and wanted me to wait for nothing ... I have waited for almost 4 years I will keep waiting cuz that's what best we can do cuz we are very tolerant people

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
am4u2ster said:
Funny part is that I have submitted my Citizenship Application On Sep-2012 and got my PR Renewed in Early-2014
So, one part CIC Renewed my PR without asking for any additional documents, but when it comes to citizenship they just want to delay and wanted me to wait for nothing ... I have waited for almost 4 years I will keep waiting cuz that's what best we can do cuz we are very tolerant people
The forum is filled with horror stories unfortunately. If you check the latest thread, there is someone waiting since 2012... That's 4 years of waiting. As long as there is no decent quality of service and some hard timelines for case resolution, the only pathway is taking the ministry to court.

One of the sad conclusions I've reached, time (ours) has no value for IRCC/CIC. As long as they meet their "quota" of 80/20, they're ok with themselves... Many emails are left unanswered, when you call them, you tend to get 10 answers from 10 people, the common answer is always "wait", etc... A real shame if you compare Canada's metrics with Australia's for example.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
I renewed my PR in 2013, applied for citizenship in a year after that. You my friend are asking right question, why PR is renewed without hesitations but Citizenship is such a pain in the a**? The answer is, if you don't get your PR on time you are not aloud to be the slave for the system any more (working legally, contributing to economy), and if you screw up you get deported. But with citizenship (almost same process) takes longer, because they don't really care (unless you have a huge a** debt).

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
ambient2 said:
I renewed my PR in 2013, applied for citizenship in a year after that. You my friend are asking right question, why PR is renewed without hesitations but Citizenship is such a pain in the a**? The answer is, if you don't get your PR on time you are not aloud to be the slave for the system any more (working legally, contributing to economy), and if you screw up you get deported. But with citizenship (almost same process) takes longer, because they don't really care (unless you have a huge a** debt).
PR is a "renewable status", citizenship is a lifetime status... Stripping you from your citizenship is extremely hard whereas it's not the case for your PR status.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
PR is a "renewable status", citizenship is a lifetime status... Stripping you from your citizenship is extremely hard whereas it's not the case for your PR status.
You are correct, my point was that in both cases rules are similar - no criminal record, presence in CA for certain amount of time, all clearances had to be adequate, etc. But for Citizenship, they just reluctant to do their job properly as they think it's not important for 'every day life' of permanent residents, and if the applicant is agitated from the long waiting period, that means, his/her intention for getting citizenship is to bail this country after getting it.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
ambient2 said:
You are correct, my point was that in both cases rules are similar - no criminal record, presence in CA for certain amount of time, all clearances had to be adequate, etc. But for Citizenship, they just reluctant to do their job properly as they think it's not important for 'every day life' of permanent residents, and if the applicant is agitated from the long waiting period, that means, his/her intention for getting citizenship is to bail this country after getting it.
I love the "AGITATED" piece! :D

I guess we're a few chosen ones who are told over and over again to keep calm and wait until we start getting agitated! I submit to you that any calm, rational, peaceful and non-agitated person will become madly agitated with IRCC's historical nonchalance!

Cheers to all the agitated brothers on this forum!

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
I love the "AGITATED" piece! :D

I guess we're a few chosen ones who are told over and over again to keep calm and wait until we start getting agitated! I submit to you that any calm, rational, peaceful and non-agitated person will become madly agitated with IRCC's historical nonchalance!

Cheers to all the agitated brothers on this forum!
Agitated, frustrated, paranoid, suicidal, homicidal, apathetic. Those are most of the stages one can go through while being debilitated by CIC.