+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No entry immigration Stamp at Buffalo

sjpandey

Oct 15, 2008
Hello,

My mother currently has 5 year multiple visitor visa and she is been with us here in Toronto since August 2010. There is a stamp of her arrival date when she came here in August. My understanding is that her visa only last for 6 months eventhough she has 5 year multiple visa and she needs to leave before 6 months. A friend of mine suggested that if we drive to Buffalo, NY (USA) with my mom and come back, it will reset her visa status and she can stay 6 more months from the date of her reentry from Buffalo. We did the same but the Canadian immigration officer at the border didn't Stamp anything on my mother's passport on her reentry. Does that mean, my mother has to leave Canada within 6 months of old arrival date (August 2010) ? Please let me know. Thanks

A

anushauc

I am following this too ! I am planning to do the same with my parents... but am looking at having them in the US for a couple of weeks or so and then back here. Any inputs ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sjpandey said:
Hello,

My mother currently has 5 year multiple visitor visa and she is been with us here in Toronto since August 2010. There is a stamp of her arrival date when she came here in August. My understanding is that her visa only last for 6 months eventhough she has 5 year multiple visa and she needs to leave before 6 months. A friend of mine suggested that if we drive to Buffalo, NY (USA) with my mom and come back, it will reset her visa status and she can stay 6 more months from the date of her reentry from Buffalo. We did the same but the Canadian immigration officer at the border didn't Stamp anything on my mother's passport on her reentry. Does that mean, my mother has to leave Canada within 6 months of old arrival date (August 2010) ? Please let me know. Thanks
She was re-admitted to the expiry date of her original entry. So expires 6 months after August/10