+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No ecopr, can I travel?

Frank21

Nov 21, 2023
Hi, I have been waiting 2.5 months for the ecorp and it has not arrived, I have a trip scheduled on December 13. I am worried that being out of Canada the ecorp will arrive, cancel my permit and I will not be able to return to Canada, everything is by plane.
And if it arrives before the trip, I suppose that with the ecorp I must process a PTRD to leave and return with the PR card?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have been waiting 2.5 months for the ecorp and it has not arrived, I have a trip scheduled on December 13. I am worried that being out of Canada the ecorp will arrive, cancel my permit and I will not be able to return to Canada, everything is by plane.
And if it arrives before the trip, I suppose that with the ecorp I must process a PTRD to leave and return with the PR card?
You cannot obtain a PRTD (or a PR card) before you are actually a Permanent Resident. Whatever type of permit you have no remains until you become a PR.

What type is it and when does it expire?

Frank21

Nov 21, 2023
Thank you, I have an open work permit. I understand that if I receive the E-corp, my permit becomes void. But the PR cards are taking a long time to arrive, so I don't know how I can leave and return. Since my permit would be invalid and the e-corp is not enough to return, you need the physical PR card or the PRTD.

Diadia916

May 2, 2023
I submitted my PR application in early Nov. As of today, received AOR and biometric is done. Background check is in progress since mid-Dec. Not yet start/receive Eligibility/Medical request. I scheduled a 20 days trip in late Feb. I would assume the possibility of getting ecorp would be very low during my trip. Am I correct?