+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No ecopr, can I travel?

pat092422

Jan 4, 2023
Hello, I have been waiting for my ecopr and still have not received it. I need to travel in 20 days for a duration of 14 days, can I re-enter Canada with my work permit and visitor visa?

pat092422

Jan 4, 2023
Please somebody knows answer on this ?
I just talked an immigration consultant. She said you technically can, cause whatever visa/permit you have will still be valid. The only problem or risk is that if you get your eCoPR when you're outside of Canada then you can't re-enter cause you don't have your PR Card, so you either stay wherever you are and get a PTRD which I heard could take weeks to months or for my case, I am considering looking at rebooking my flight to enter into the US and rent a car and drive into Canada by land. Apparently this had worked for people by only showing their eCoPR.

Reactions: Nishmaha

Veyron85

Star Member
Jan 5, 2023
But since you eCorp is issued you have 30 days to sign it…. Means you can come back to Canada on visit visa and then proceed next steps ? Sign eCorp ect …am I right ?

pat092422

Jan 4, 2023
But since you eCorp is issued you have 30 days to sign it…. Means you can come back to Canada on visit visa and then proceed next steps ? Sign eCorp ect …am I right ?
From what I understand from the consultant, signed eCoPR within 30 days or not, once it is given to you, it automatically invalidates your visas/permits :(

Veyron85

Star Member
Jan 5, 2023
From what I understand from the consultant, signed eCoPR within 30 days or not, once it is given to you, it automatically invalidates your visas/permits :(
Oh I see:( I have been planning this trip for so long… and just of of the blue got pr email confirmation…

Veyron85

Star Member
Jan 5, 2023
I have one more question.. if you don’t go on portal .. and Just delay it.. you ecorp will not be issued even right? So your visitor status will be still valid ?

pat092422

Jan 4, 2023
I have one more question.. if you don’t go on portal .. and Just delay it.. you ecorp will not be issued even right? So your visitor status will be still valid ?
Hello I just read from another post same guy want to do this but he is already out of Canada when he got the pr portal email. They said you only have 7 days to fill out the portal once its given

Nishmaha

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hello I just read from another post same guy want to do this but he is already out of Canada when he got the pr portal email. They said you only have 7 days to fill out the portal once its given
can he do eCoPR if he is out of Canada?? so how did he get eCoPR when he was away?

Nishmaha

Star Member
May 22, 2020
So what’s happening if you don’t do this portal thing… will you be still on visit visa ?
so what did you do? I am stuck in the same situation I have to travel in Few weeks, and I am waiting for my eCoPR, concerned If i will get after travelling out or If I wont get PR card to travel Back. Please let me know.