+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NO COMMUNICATION WITH THE EX-SPOUSE

Zion23

Oct 27, 2019
The CIC asked me to submit documents like Police Clearance & Medicals from my ex-spouse.We are not legally separated and as a matter of fact,I have a common law partner which I included in my application.I have no communication with my ex-spouse & even if we have,she will not cooperate as we are in bad terms.
Can I just make an explanation letter stating reasons why I can’t provide those documents?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The CIC asked me to submit documents like Police Clearance & Medicals from my ex-spouse.We are not legally separated and as a matter of fact,I have a common law partner which I included in my application.I have no communication with my ex-spouse & even if we have,she will not cooperate as we are in bad terms.
Can I just make an explanation letter stating reasons why I can’t provide those documents?
You should have included an explanation when you submitted your app. You are considered legally separated. It would be best if you can show that you have started legal divorce proceedings.

The bigger issue is that if they are asking for those documents for your spouse, it would indicate that your common-law partner has not been acknowledged and actually included.

Zion23

Oct 27, 2019
I applied through Provincial Nominee Program and currently working here at Canada.My common law partner has been acknowledged and she already done her medical.We passed.The CIC asked me for the documents of our previous spouses which is impossible to obtain.