+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Canadian Passport while Surrendering Indian Passport

sahil7789

Sep 4, 2019
Hi, Today I applied for Canadian Passport (Got my oath on 27th Nov).
Now, I am thinking to go to BLS Toronto tomorrow and surrender the Indian Passport.
But there is a checklist which says that

Foreign/Canadian Passport. :
Copy of photo page and observations (if any) of your current valid foreign / Canadian passport. If you have not applied for your passport, please write a written declaration to the Consulate General of India with an explanation of the same.

But I applied for the passport today, so would i be able to surrender the Indian Passport before I get the Canadian Passport ? And what do I need to do for written declaration ?

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Hi, Today I applied for Canadian Passport (Got my oath on 27th Nov).
Now, I am thinking to go to BLS Toronto tomorrow and surrender the Indian Passport.
But there is a checklist which says that

Foreign/Canadian Passport. :
Copy of photo page and observations (if any) of your current valid foreign / Canadian passport. If you have not applied for your passport, please write a written declaration to the Consulate General of India with an explanation of the same.

But I applied for the passport today, so would i be able to surrender the Indian Passport before I get the Canadian Passport ? And what do I need to do for written declaration ?
If you can wait for a week or 2 to get the canadian passport, you can get out of this confusion.

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Without valid foreign passport .. your application will not be accepted ..

worst case.. even if BLS accepts your application.. the surrender won't happen and you will loose fees !!!

amit0907

Sep 19, 2012
@sahil7789 In the same situation as you hence looking for guidance. Were you able to surrender your Indian Passport without having a Canadian Passport?