+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No birth certificate

May 1, 2017
Hi All,

I am permanent resident and I have applied for my spouse sponsor who is Indian Citizen. My wife doesn’t have birth certificate so I have submitted her matriculation certificate, school transfer cerrificate, pan card, aadhar card and driving licence along with affidavit from her father.

However, I have submitted photocopies of all supporting documents except affidavit which is original. My question is am I good or should I have submitted originals?

Can anyone who has gone through similar condition out there help me on this?

Request to help you and I would greatly appreciate any piece of advise.

Thanks in advance

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Country specific requirements
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.

you required to submit photo copy of documents except original is specifically requested in checklist or country specific requirement.

you need to send original copy of those documents.....if you already submitted affidavit in lieu of birth certificate.....you may also send a letter of explanation through IRCC webform to NDVO to explain that the principal applicant is not a christian and as such is not baptized and has no baptism certificate.

prcanada2019

Jun 18, 2019
Hi All,

I am permanent resident and I have applied for my spouse sponsor who is Indian Citizen. My wife doesn’t have birth certificate so I have submitted her matriculation certificate, school transfer cerrificate, pan card, aadhar card and driving licence along with affidavit from her father.

However, I have submitted photocopies of all supporting documents except affidavit which is original. My question is am I good or should I have submitted originals?

Thanks in advance
I am in similar situation. Your documents were accepted?

manishchoxy

Jul 6, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
I am on same page….. please share your experience

Sath2424

Nov 20, 2021
Country specific requirements
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.

you required to submit photo copy of documents except original is specifically requested in checklist or country specific requirement.

you need to send original copy of those documents.....if you already submitted affidavit in lieu of birth certificate.....you may also send a letter of explanation through IRCC webform to NDVO to explain that the principal applicant is not a christian and as such is not baptized and has no baptism certificate.
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
Hi, did you got approved without birth certificate?