+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Application Number after 11 months Afghan refugees in Tajikistan

yaldaaa

Dec 18, 2020
Canada
Hello everyone, my family through G5 sponsorship applied to sponsor my uncle, his wife, and four children(all under 15 years of age) in January of 2021 through mail and as per use of tracking number, it was received on February 5 2021. We provided valid and working email addresses for each member of the group along with my uncle and his wife’s email. Phone numbers, addresses, and all requested information was provided. All documents were checked by professionals and I also checked to make sure no information or documentation was missing or incorrect. When contacting IRCC(when successful to get a hold of someone!) they are unable to see any application under my uncle’s name, his wife’s name, or any of our group member’s names. The application package seems to be missing from their office. This assumed, we took help from another professional and sent the WHOLE application via email. Now this may have delayed the application because they now have two of the same application but the lack of any information for (at least confirmation that it was received or sent back) the application was why we thought it was lost. It is very frustrating because other relatives sent in their application through g5 and received an application number within 3 months.
It has been awfully nerve racking and annoying that our government can be so unaware of such important cases.
I am also aware that if the application is incomplete or rejected, at least the package will be sent back.
We spent months gathering all required documentation and spent another 11 months just checking emails (junk as well) waiting for literally ANYTHING.
I called IRCC this morning and they are so busy that I can’t even be put on hold. I don’t know who to complain to. I do not want to use web form because I need to speak to an agent directly, which seems to be a million times harder without an application number.
Please give any advice or at least some possibilities that may have caused such unreal processing times.
Thank you for reading my complaints.

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
If there was a representative on your application, only that person is allowed to access information/updates through IRCC via phone call.

Also, where do you see that the application has been received? Do you have an email correspondence? If so, have you tried taking a screenshot and sending it to IRCC via the web form?