+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No AOR for 6 Months - online applicant Outland Sponsorship

TFK

Feb 9, 2013
Hi there,

Title says it all. I contacted my MP and IRCC told them that they dont have my spouse's application yet. I applied online. I also used the IRCC webform and they said "

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process." FYI, I have submitted my application on December 6th, 2021.

Either they're lying to me or they're lying to the MP. What should my next steps be. Without an AOR I cannot track my application, nor can I reach anyone at the call center. Is there a way to contact the call center without an AOR/Application number? I keep getting booted off the call and dont get the option to speak to them.

TFK

Feb 9, 2013
Why do you think they are lying? Many still doesn't have AOR... It's possible.
because they told Me one thing and told the MP that my application isn’t even in their system. I submitted my application online specifically to avoid this excuse of “we didn’t receive your application”. It’s a pointless stress that shows lack of professionalism.

if my application is “lost in the mail” because of an error in their system then how will I know? No way would they honour my original timeline

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
because they told Me one thing and told the MP that my application isn’t even in their system. I submitted my application online specifically to avoid this excuse of “we didn’t receive your application”. It’s a pointless stress that shows lack of professionalism.

if my application is “lost in the mail” because of an error in their system then how will I know? No way would they honour my original timeline
Before an application get AOR (or pre-AOR), it's considered not in their system.... I think.
It's the same as in a pile of mail that hasn't been open yet.

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021

When you applied online, did you get an automatic reply email saying it was successfully submitted? I received one when I submitted ours back in November. If you didn't, perhaps it didn't go through?

Reactions: YVR123

Alt_232

Jun 8, 2022
When you applied online, did you get an automatic reply email saying it was successfully submitted? I received one when I submitted ours back in November. If you didn't, perhaps it didn't go through?
I applied on November 21st 2021 and received my automated reply saying successfully submitted. I applied via a certified immigration agent and still haven't received my AOR.

Have you received yours @fashiontart ? Since you also applied in November. Thanks

Majomcr

Jun 8, 2022
I applied on November 21st 2021 and received my automated reply saying successfully submitted. I applied via a certified immigration agent and still haven't received my AOR.

Have you received yours @fashiontart ? Since you also applied in November. Thanks
Hi, you're not alone. We applied online (in land application) and we still haven't received an AOR. Today my husband received an email that he has passed his medical exam, which is great, but without an AOR he hasn't been able to work and it's making this process so difficult.

We received a letter about 3 months ago saying that processing times are longer, but that's about it. I hope he gets his PPR soon and I wish you the same thing.

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021

Yup! All of our timeline info is in my signature.