+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No AOR but ECAS in process!

CKG

Feb 12, 2019
Hello all, my citizenship application was delivered on Feb 26,2019 and as of today (May 13) I haven't received AOR. I just checked the ECAS status and realized that they received my application. This is what I see in ECAS:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 1, 2019.
Not sure what I should do. I haven't received anything in mail or any email from citizenship. So I am worried about future correspondence. How are they going to notify me about my test and interview date? Via email or mail? what should I do in this situation?

Thanks

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
Amazing you can’t check your online status until you won’t receive your AOR, how did you get through above online status,

CKG

Feb 12, 2019
Amazing you can’t check your online status until you won’t receive your AOR, how did you get through above online status,
I used my financial receipt number. do you know what information are provided in the AOR email?

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
If you have provided your email address on the application you will receive email AOR..... I would check spam folder. To check ECAS you can use also your UCI number that is on your PR card.

Reactions: kushari

CKG

Feb 12, 2019
If you have provided your email address on the application you will receive email AOR..... I would check spam folder. To check ECAS you can use also your UCI number that is on your PR card.
I provided my email address on the application. Also I checked my spam folder but nothing is there. I have heard before that you cannot access ECAS before you receive your AOR. But I don't know why I can see ECAS. Would you know what type of information is provided in AOR email?

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I provided my email address on the application. Also I checked my spam folder but nothing is there. I have heard before that you cannot access ECAS before you receive your AOR. But I don't know why I can see ECAS. Would you know what type of information is provided in AOR email?
Does it say the type of application that's in process? Maybe you'll get the email soon. Are you able to check with your Client ID? If that works, then you should be fine.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
You are right, You cannot access ECAS before you receive AOR unless there is a glitch in the system.
You can call the call center and explain the situation. They will verify in the system whether AOR is issued or not. You can request to send AOR if they haven't triggered from their end.

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It happens sometimes that your ECAS updates faster then the email comes. Happend to me with my Oath invitation...got my email 2 days later. AOR won't say anything different than what you see in ECAS, just that they received your application and all is ok and that your in process now and to start studying book that they have sent you. Book is digital format unless you have requested a hard copy.

CKG

Feb 12, 2019
Does it say the type of application that's in process? Maybe you'll get the email soon. Are you able to check with your Client ID? If that works, then you should be fine.
Where can I find my Client ID? It says "application for Canadian citizenship"

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Where can I find my Client ID? It says "application for Canadian citizenship"
Awesome if it says Application for Canadian Citizenship, you should be good. Your client ID can be found on any of your old Visas as a student, or foreign worker, or even your immigrant Visa.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Hello all, my citizenship application was delivered on Feb 26,2019 and as of today (May 13) I haven't received AOR. I just checked the ECAS status and realized that they received my application. This is what I see in ECAS:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 1, 2019.
Not sure what I should do. I haven't received anything in mail or any email from citizenship. So I am worried about future correspondence. How are they going to notify me about my test and interview date? Via email or mail? what should I do in this situation?

Thanks
Did you check into your spams? If not please do. Sometimes those emails con go directly into your spam.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks
....at times it might be good to call the customer service center to confirm that they're having your correct email address

CKG

Feb 12, 2019
....at times it might be good to call the customer service center to confirm that they're having your correct email address
I called them and they confirmed that they have correct email address. Even the CIC agent was surprised.

Reactions: PTJ