+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no admission stamp at US rainbow bridge office

maple306

Jun 8, 2012
Last year, I (US H1B holder) flew to and from Canada for 7 days, got admission stamp showing the date of entry, plus hand written “H1B, Sep, 1, 2013.” (i.e., my H1B expiration date) .

Today I came back to Canada with H1B after 5 day visit (with valid CA temporary visitor visa), and there was no stamp on my passport to show the admission date at US Rainbow bridge, Buffalo (I drove this time). The officer asked some simple questions and let me go. I found there was no stamp after 3 hour drive.

If no admission stamp, I will have no proof that I leave Canada, and it may be a problem if I reapply visa from Canada.

Do you think the stamp at Rainbow bridge is necessary? The officer did not do his job by not stamping my passport? Any negative for me to reapply Canadian visa in the future? Should I need to contact Buffalo office to clarify this issue? Thanks for your help.

T

torontonian999

You don't get your passport stamped when you enter Canada by land. However, they do stamp when you enter through an airport.

maple306 said:
Last year, I (US H1B holder) flew to and from Canada for 7 days, got admission stamp showing the date of entry, plus hand written “H1B, Sep, 1, 2013.” (i.e., my H1B expiration date) .

Today I came back to Canada with H1B after 5 day visit (with valid CA temporary visitor visa), and there was no stamp on my passport to show the admission date at US Rainbow bridge, Buffalo (I drove this time). The officer asked some simple questions and let me go. I found there was no stamp after 3 hour drive.

If no admission stamp, I will have no proof that I leave Canada, and it may be a problem if I reapply visa from Canada.

Do you think the stamp at Rainbow bridge is necessary? The officer did not do his job by not stamping my passport? Any negative for me to reapply Canadian visa in the future? Should I need to contact Buffalo office to clarify this issue? Thanks for your help.

maple306

Jun 8, 2012
torontonian999 said:
You don't get your passport stamped when you enter Canada by land. However, they do stamp when you enter through an airport.
Thanks, torontonian999.