+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Acknowledgement of Receipt - PGWP online application

duongnganh

Dec 16, 2020
Typically how long does it take to receive the confirmation letter after applying for PGWP online? It has been 48 hours since I applied and I haven’t received the Submission Confirmation email. The only thing I have received is the confirmation of submission transmission.

suneelparwani

Dec 19, 2020
Hi, same issue with me.

I applied for my PGWP on December 15, 2020, and received an email within 24 hours about a status update for my application but no status has been updated in my IRCC account, as of now. Since after successful transmission of the application I was expecting acknowledgment receipt as an update.

Now I m confused about work, Can I work full-time after submission of my PGWP application or should I have to wait until I receive the acknowledgment email for my application?

duongnganh

Dec 16, 2020
Hi, same issue with me.

I applied for my PGWP on December 15, 2020, and received an email within 24 hours about a status update for my application but no status has been updated in my IRCC account, as of now. Since after successful transmission of the application I was expecting acknowledgment receipt as an update.

Now I m confused about work, Can I work full-time after submission of my PGWP application or should I have to wait until I receive the acknowledgment email for my application?
Unfortunately we need the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR) to legally start working. The AoR proves that the application is complete.
They updated my UCI and biometrics numbers yesterday. I’ve called the Help Centre agents and all they told me was to wait :(
The IRCC website says that it should take a few hours to send the AoR, but it has been 5 days for me and the receipt has not shown up. It sucks that I am not allowed to work after I graduate and until I receive the AoR. I don’t know how long I need to wait and how long I am unemployed because of the delay in getting this letter. Plus the holiday is coming.

Reactions: Justin999

suneelparwani

Dec 19, 2020
Unfortunately we need the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR) to legally start working. The AoR proves that the application is complete.
They updated my UCI and biometrics numbers yesterday. I’ve called the Help Centre agents and all they told me was to wait :(
The IRCC website says that it should take a few hours to send the AoR, but it has been 5 days for me and the receipt has not shown up. It sucks that I am not allowed to work after I graduate and until I receive the AoR. I don’t know how long I need to wait and how long I am unemployed because of the delay in getting this letter. Plus the holiday is coming.
I called the IRCC helpline, they said since you submitted the application for PGWP you are allowed to work full-time

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I got a letter which automatically has a date until april 2021 where i can work till my file is in process. Its a closed work permit extension.

Reactions: suneelparwani

Cath621

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Same here! I applied Dec22 and am expecting to start working in January. really panicked! Usually it is instant.

could you update if you have any updates?

duongnganh

Dec 16, 2020
It took them 5 days to update my UCI and biometrics number. After that there is no further update.
I also called an IRCC agent and was told that the screenshot of the CIC account that shows the application number can work in lieu of the AoR. It is up to your employer to decide to accept it or not, though.

Cath621

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
It took them 5 days to update my UCI and biometrics number. After that there is no further update.
I also called an IRCC agent and was told that the screenshot of the CIC account that shows the application number can work in lieu of the AoR. It is up to your employer to decide to accept it or not, though.
Thanks for the update. I just told HR staff this info and will see if they accept.

Dec 26, 2020
Hi,
I have submitted my application for pgwp on 23rd December, but haven't received any confirmation email as of now. It's been two days but no update. I got an email that something has been updated but nothing was updated. I have a job starting from 4th Jan. Hence, I submitted my course completion letter and unofficial transcripts.

When will I get the confirmation email? And will an unofficial transcript work? I will be able to provide them with an official transcript after Jan 19.

suneelparwani

Dec 19, 2020
hello,

An unofficial transcript can work. when you get your official you can upload it using a webform.

oh my God, is this issue with everyone who is applying for pgwp? no acknowledgments? take a print out of your account that includes biometrics details as well as application number. submit it to the employer but again it depends on the employer. keep us posted here if u receive anything

Dec 26, 2020
hello,

An unofficial transcript can work. when you get your official you can upload it using a webform.

oh my God, is this issue with everyone who is applying for pgwp? no acknowledgments? take a print out of your account that includes biometrics details as well as application number. submit it to the employer but again it depends on the employer. keep us posted here if u receive anything
Sure. My employer has no issues with that. It's just I need to have a confirmation letter on the safe side. Please let me know once you get any updates. Thanks. !!

suneelparwani

Dec 19, 2020
Sure.. you too. I called IRCC two times as per them if u have submitted an application for pgwp and the study permit is valid you can work with AoR.