+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NNAS/CNO application 2019

Shong1013

Feb 16, 2017
Hi, I applied NNAS a few days ago and I am trying to submit the forms. I saw other NNAS threads but that was starting back from 2015, so I just created this one for those of you who applied in 2019. Who else is out there?

GinnyT

Jun 22, 2019
You have been waiting for over a year for your report?!
Yep! Applied Jan 18, All documents received by July 18, Request for updated ID and work reference as they were so old/ expired in May '19, Report was issued in July '19. Multiple requests for a time line and being told that there was many more applications than expected and they can not guarantee a time line or finish date.

Thankfully, I applied to BCCNP end of July, had to send another proof of registration as NNAS was from Jan '18 and have now been referred to NCAS for the CBA & SLA, hoping to get these booked and completed by the end of the winter. Long process, that will hopefully be worth it in the end.

Belgiandank

Apr 4, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
05/23/2017
Doc's Request.
6/27/2017
AOR Received.
06/19/2017
File Transfer...
7/13/2017
Med's Request
6/28/2017
Med's Done....
7/3/2017
Passport Req..
01/08/2018
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2018
Hi everyone! I am new to this thread, apologies if I am asking question/s that have been discussed/answered previously.

I live in SK, and have a license as a nurse in the Philippines. I was to apply for NNAS. These are my questions:

1. Can I get the forms - nursing education form, nursing registration form and practice/employment form before I even submit an application at NNAS? If so, how?
2. Someone told me that I will not be required an english proficiency if I choose ON as the regulatory board. If this right?
3. License in ON is transferable in SK?

Thanks everyone!

Monika06

Sep 1, 2016
Hi, I’ve applied to CNO ( Ontario ) October 2019. Having my degree assessed as comparable I was sent straight to nclex which I passed in December. Now CNO is holding my application as they still haven’t reviewed my proof of practice in the U.K. and the documents they received didn’t come in stamped / company envelope. I asked HR in my nhs trust to resend with a stamp but I’m worried CNO will keep asking more and more and I really can’t be going back to all employers anymore asking for stuff . It’s been a year I’m emailing back and forth for documents ( first for NNAS now for CNO ) . It’s the last stage of my Rn registration I’ve got all other requirements met . Does anyone know what happens if the practice requirements are not met for whatever reason ?

Monika06

Sep 1, 2016
Hi everyone! I am new to this thread, apologies if I am asking question/s that have been discussed/answered previously.

I live in SK, and have a license as a nurse in the Philippines. I was to apply for NNAS. These are my questions:

1. Can I get the forms - nursing education form, nursing registration form and practice/employment form before I even submit an application at NNAS? If so, how?
2. Someone told me that I will not be required an english proficiency if I choose ON as the regulatory board. If this right?
3. License in ON is transferable in SK?

Thanks everyone!
hi
You won’t get any forms until you pay them. It’s cleverly done like that
And no , Ontario board will still make you do IELTS or Celban English exam

Middlesplit

Mar 9, 2020
Hi, I’ve applied to CNO ( Ontario ) October 2019. Having my degree assessed as comparable I was sent straight to nclex which I passed in December. Now CNO is holding my application as they still haven’t reviewed my proof of practice in the U.K. and the documents they received didn’t come in stamped / company envelope. I asked HR in my nhs trust to resend with a stamp but I’m worried CNO will keep asking more and more and I really can’t be going back to all employers anymore asking for stuff . It’s been a year I’m emailing back and forth for documents ( first for NNAS now for CNO ) . It’s the last stage of my Rn registration I’ve got all other requirements met . Does anyone know what happens if the practice requirements are not met for whatever reason ?
Hi Monika
I was just wondering how you got on after. Hopefully you're all sorted. I'm an Irish trained nurse qualified 1.5 years working in A&E. Did you train in the uk. I started my application March 19...most documents went in quick enough but the employment one didnt go in til September, and they made a mistake which when asked to rectify they didn't. Only got them to send the clarification in January. They said they've recieved it but my application has been sitting in ready for review for ages now. NNAS said they haven't even looked at it yet. Hearing your education was comparable gives me hope...how did you find the nclex?

Monika06

Sep 1, 2016
Hi Monika
I was just wondering how you got on after. Hopefully you're all sorted. I'm an Irish trained nurse qualified 1.5 years working in A&E. Did you train in the uk. I started my application March 19...most documents went in quick enough but the employment one didnt go in til September, and they made a mistake which when asked to rectify they didn't. Only got them to send the clarification in January. They said they've recieved it but my application has been sitting in ready for review for ages now. NNAS said they haven't even looked at it yet. Hearing your education was comparable gives me hope...how did you find the nclex?

Hi
I dont know what exactly decided that I was comparable. My uni sent 300 pages worth of transcripts and basically everything we done during the 3 year course. I got 73% comparable and I believe you need over 70 to not need anything extra
I passed nclex and got my licence in March 2020 so have been a nurse here now almost a year.
Nclex is hard and very " American " so I would suggest studying from UWorld website, you need to pay for access but it's great. Learn your obstetrics, paediatric and mental health nursing. Uworld will give you an idea what kind of things you need to learn. You don't need to become a psychiatrist but you'll need to know all the drugs and interactions, also drugs are called different in north America. You'll need to learn nursing in labour and interventions, fetal heart monitoring basics etc. I've took 5 weeks of studying everyday for up to 8 hrs! But I didn't wanna move my nckex and drag any longer than necessary

Monika06

Sep 1, 2016
NNAS can be very slow, in normal times they process within a year but with Covid its probably longer. So you're close to year now, fingers crossed they'll do it soon . Which province are you in