+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nikkah/Reception together, no rukhsati - Please advise

Flames2015

Oct 14, 2015
I need honest opinion on this matter. We have performed Nikkah, and we held a big party on the same night for all the nikah participants, about 150-200. I have pictures of the nikah ritual, the feast and party. We held off the rukhsati because my immediate family could not participate. All there's left is rukhsati and valeema.

We are planning on doing rukhsati and valeema in October, 2016. Should I submit my spousal sponsorship case now, mentioning that Rukhsati will be held in october 2016. Or should I wait till next year to submit the application?

Another thing is I visited her last month, we met and spent time together. We also have pictures together on that occassion.

I know that our marriage is valid and our intention is pure. Is our marriage valid per Islamic requirements as well? should I worry about my file being rejected, only because of rukhsati? which we are planning on doing?

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
Flames2015 said:
I need honest opinion on this matter. We have performed Nikkah, and we held a big party on the same night for all the nikah participants, about 150-200. I have pictures of the nikah ritual, the feast and party. We held off the rukhsati because my immediate family could not participate. All there's left is rukhsati and valeema.

We are planning on doing rukhsati and valeema in October, 2016. Should I submit my spousal sponsorship case now, mentioning that Rukhsati will be held in october 2016. Or should I wait till next year to submit the application?

Another thing is I visited her last month, we met and spent time together. We also have pictures together on that occassion.

I know that our marriage is valid and our intention is pure. Is our marriage valid per Islamic requirements as well? should I worry about my file being rejected, only because of rukhsati? which we are planning on doing?
your marriage will be considered incomplete if you apply. You will be required to do rukhsati before a final decision is made on your application. It could potentially delay your application. You can apply closer to your rukhsati, and then send them all proofs immediately after so it doesn't delay your application.

Nabaaf

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO(INDIA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd June 2015
AOR Received.
24th July 2015..........S.A.: 24th August 2015..........In process since: 28th August 2015
File Transfer...
31st August 2015 (AOR2)........Initial Med's Done: 20th April 2015 (upfront)
Med's Request
30th May 2016
Med's Done....
31st May 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2016(visa issued date as mentioned on passport affixed visa as 3rd June 2016)
LANDED..........
21st June 2016
Flames2015 said:

Hello....
According to my knowledge if u can get government registeration of ur marriage in ur country of residency or the country u did nikah then u can surely start the process of spousal sponsorship application....
To wait fr rukhasakti to start the process will surely take a long run fr ur application to get complete......
Only with nikah ur marriage is incomplete in the eyes of cic...so u need registered marriage certificate to apply fr pr application...and submitt adequate proof of ongoing relationship as call logs,chat history,email,gifts exchanged,ur visit details,photos of u both togthr and even with family members.....u may even add the cover lettr stating that informal reception vil be conducted on so n so date .......and gv detail describtion why is it delayed ....and u may send informal function proofs later wen its done......
This way ur sponsorship application will be done sooner n ur wife may be able to travel with u aftr rukhsati.......
One of my frnd did like this and her relationship was proved geniune....
I hope this helps u

Cheers :)
Nabaaf

M

mikeymyke

I wouldn't submit it until you've completed the Rukhsati, it might complicate your case and cause an interview request/delays.

See this below case for example:
http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2010/2010canlii84082/2010canlii84082.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAIcnVraHNhdGkAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=1

The visa officer express concerns that the sponsor left for Canada without performing a Rukhsati and that he claims he won't perform one until the applicant gets PR to go to Canada, and all of this sounds similar to what you're planning to do.

ahmedwaqas

Jul 21, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th may 2015
AOR Received.
10th july 2015
File Transfer...
14th july 2015
Med's Request
no need
Med's Done....
1st april 2015
Interview........
09/02/2016 abu dhabi uae
Passport Req..
take my passport on interview
VISA ISSUED...
10/02/2016
LANDED..........
24/03/2016
Flames2015 said:

its depand on your case like me i just go for nikaah nad a small repeption after 2 days and me and my wife go my house and also for huny moon but my wife was divorced before and also my parients died before 2 month of my marrige so i write each and everything to cic so if you write also and true teasons so no need to wri in islam after nikah you become husband and wife rusksati is our caulture no need to give a big party of 300 peoples and bla bla bla so if you have write each and every thing no wri if there is any problum then my lawyer tell me and he is good lawyer in canada so he told me its ok becas i have some problums i write everything in my case explane everything and my case is inprocess know in london visa office so its depand on your case and condations.i give pics of before marrige meeting reception and huny moon travel tickets and after marrige again when she come to meet me with 2 kids from ex huby also the tickets of 3rd trip so its all about me

Flames2015

Oct 14, 2015
mikeymyke said:
I wouldn't submit it until you've completed the Rukhsati, it might complicate your case and cause an interview request/delays.

See this below case for example:

The visa officer express concerns that the sponsor left for Canada without performing a Rukhsati and that he claims he won't perform one until the applicant gets PR to go to Canada, and all of this sounds similar to what you're planning to do.
Thank you so much for the input and I went through the case.

It looks nothing like my situation. In my case, we have been talking almost every day ever since I came back, I am also supporting her financially. I have sent her birthday gifts and as such. And I have documented proof for all this. Our plan was to delay rukhsati until all our family members can join, which won't be until october 2016.

Even if CIC asks me for proof 6 or 8 months down the line, I am not worried because I will be able to provide it.

I will give it some though, but my main concern is delay of case, whether I file case now and take chances, or wait until rukhsati and file then, at which point I will have to wait another year or two.