26/01/2017
Med's Request
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-03-2017
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
Hi all,
I came to canada on study visa and after my masters I have been working here on a graduate work permit. I recently got my PR as well. Earlier this year I went to Pakistan and got engaged and I am planning on going next year for Nikkah after which my wife will then apply for PR under the family sponsorship. As of now I am confused as to how to proceed with and would appreciate if someone would help answer these questions:

- If I apply after just the Nikkah with no rukhsati will CIC have any issues with that? I then plan on having the rukhsati and valima reception after the PR for my wife gets approved (I will obviously not mention this plan in the application)
- In the case that I apply with after Nikkah ONLY, then in the questionnaire should we mention that we lived together (even though we will not live together after nikah) or should we just say that we did not live together (won't this make CIC doubt as to the nature of the relationship since officially we would be married and it would look odd to them that a husband and wife are not living together even after marriage)

Further Info:
I have known my fiance for 2 years now, have been engaged to her for more than 6 months. we had an engagement ceremony in which family members of both families were present (pictures were taken as well). I have conversation records for the past 2 years on whatsapp, facebook and skype(and some emails were also exchanged); we talk on a daily basis. We have also exchanged gifts and cards.

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a thread for Pakistan...you can repost your question there to get quick response.

Osama_sidd said:
Hi all,
I came to canada on study visa and after my masters I have been working here on a graduate work permit. I recently got my PR as well. Earlier this year I went to Pakistan and got engaged and I am planning on going next year for Nikkah after which my wife will then apply for PR under the family sponsorship. As of now I am confused as to how to proceed with and would appreciate if someone would help answer these questions:

- If I apply after just the Nikkah with no rukhsati will CIC have any issues with that? I then plan on having the rukhsati and valima reception after the PR for my wife gets approved (I will obviously not mention this plan in the application)
- In the case that I apply with after Nikkah ONLY, then in the questionnaire should we mention that we lived together (even though we will not live together after nikah) or should we just say that we did not live together (won't this make CIC doubt as to the nature of the relationship since officially we would be married and it would look odd to them that a husband and wife are not living together even after marriage)

Further Info:
I have known my fiance for 2 years now, have been engaged to her for more than 6 months. we had an engagement ceremony in which family members of both families were present (pictures were taken as well). I have conversation records for the past 2 years on whatsapp, facebook and skype(and some emails were also exchanged); we talk on a daily basis. We have also exchanged gifts and cards.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Osama_sidd said:
Hi all,

Further Info:
I would advise you not to lie or hide because that will lead to more lies, however explaining your situation will get your application proceed faster although we do understand that there is bureaucracy in CIC but our honesty will break this ice ...

hs64

Jul 1, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
File Transfer...
11-11-2015 Additional doc: 22-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Osama_sidd said:
Hi all,

Further Info:
According to the Islamic law, marriage is not complete until there is a ruksati and valeema. That is how the prophet and his companions used to do.
Culturally, this is acceptable!

Problem is CIC is well aware of this. I have seen a case where they raise an objection for an incomplete marriage where a Canadian male citizen married a Pakistani female citizen and then applied for family sponsorship. They told them that they cannot see any evidence where a girl leaves under the shadow of Quran (ruksati) and Valeema reception.

Also, if you do the nikkah and apply to sponsor her(your wife) then you better disclose the truth. Last thing you would want to do is lie to them or hide any information.

I may have given you more info you probably have asked here, but I am sure it will help you make your own decision.

hs64

Jul 1, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
File Transfer...
11-11-2015 Additional doc: 22-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Correction: (stupid me, did my research after I post here)
According to Islamic law, Valeema is sunnah but you need to announce your nikkah in public.

Do your own research for better understanding.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Osama_sidd said:
I advise you to apply once all the marriage ceremonies are completed. Some people have been approved with just the nikkah, but many have been rejected. On appeal, they usually lose as well - the reasoning of the visa officer or appeal judge is that if in Pakistan a complete marriage requires a nikkah and a rukhsati, then for immigration purposes you require both.
With the nikkah, rukhsati, and valima all done, there is a much better chance the application will be accepted, and there is also a greater likelihood that the application will be processed more quickly.

Reactions: Ahmed786

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
canadianwoman said:
I advise you to apply once all the marriage ceremonies are completed. Some people have been approved with just the nikkah, but many have been rejected. On appeal, they usually lose as well - the reasoning of the visa officer or appeal judge is that if in Pakistan a complete marriage requires a nikkah and a rukhsati, then for immigration purposes you require both.
With the nikkah, rukhsati, and valima all done, there is a much better chance the application will be accepted, and there is also a greater likelihood that the application will be processed more quickly.
I agree with this recommendation. You face a much higher chance of refusal with nikkah only. Wait until everything is done before you apply.