+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nikkah Only OR Nikkah+Ruksati

sheza.khan

Oct 4, 2016
Salam everyone,
I want to know the experiences of people(who applied within the past 1-2 years) who did Nikkah only and the ones who did the complete marriage with Ruksati. Have they recently become strict when it comes to Nikkah only marriages from Pakistan?
I recently had a Nikkah in Pakistan with a proper reception where the brides and groom's family members were present. However, ruksati was not done. I was wondering if i should apply with Nikkah only pictures or is it better to go back again and do the complete marriage.
I would appreciate all the response.

Thanks.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It is better to do both. Some people from Pakistan have applied and been accepted with only the nikkah, but many have been refused. On appeal they do not usually win either. One judge asked if both were needed for a complete marriage, the sponsor said yes, so the judge told him to reapply after the ruksati.
In any case, having done both will save time. There is a good chance of refusal with only the nikkah, and an appeal can take one or two years, with no guarantee you would win.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
Its up to your luck they do accept Nikah only as well but you need to explain everything in details that why are you not doing rukhsati when will you do rukhsati etc

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017
Ruksuti is specifically mentioned on there papers and Nikah only are no longer accepted so do full marriage.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
I know of some nikkah only cases who got their process done in 9 months.. however, it took them ALOT of hassle to convince the CIC that this was a proper marriage.. and both were nikkah only marriage where groom and bride were childhood friends and NOT an arranged one.. so they had alot of pre marriage relationship to show as well..hence their cases stood out strong..

I personally wud advise u for a rukhsati if urs is an arranged marriage cause as it is arranged marriages i heard dont ring well with CIC considering previous fraud cases.Mines was a complete arranged marriage with mehndi, nikkah, rukhsati, valima, honeyoom and post marriage parties etc..

sheza.khan said:

Has_san

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Toronto
AmyR said:
I know of some nikkah only cases who got their process done in 9 months.. however, it took them ALOT of hassle to convince the CIC that this was a proper marriage.. and both were nikkah only marriage where groom and bride were childhood friends and NOT an arranged one.. so they had alot of pre marriage relationship to show as well..hence their cases stood out strong..

I personally wud advise u for a rukhsati if urs is an arranged marriage cause as it is arranged marriages i heard dont ring well with CIC considering previous fraud cases.Mines was a complete arranged marriage with mehndi, nikkah, rukhsati, valima, honeyoom and post marriage parties etc..
Hello AmyR!

I have a question here. Like in the sponsorship form have you provided pictures of Mehndi, Nikkah, Ruksati, Valima? Like for all the proof or you have just shown Ruksati and Valima pictures with Invitation Card. Won't it be enough to attach only these two events.

I am in the process of Spousal Sponsorship so tahts why thought to clarify!

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
I have attached for all three events... mehndi was a small home event but my sponsor was in it too which traditional yellow and red theme... i heard that the CIC is aware of our traditions and hence likes to see all this.. but ofcourse there are some ppl who donot do this event and since there is no specific question about mehndi u can skip it.. However, make sure u and the sponsor have a family gathering before shadi...like maybe a home dinner or something cause that can go in as a proof that u didnot meet only at the wedding for the first time..

So here is a list of things i attached:
Pre marriage family dinner photos
Mehndi event photos
Baraat and rukhsati photos (heard red color bride clothes matter and so does groom's traditional sherwani so i took care of that) People say to have Quran over bride head at rukhsati but i didnot do that since i donot believe in it personally. but i had pictures of us sitting in the car and getting off the car at the groom's house
Kheer chatai rasam or cake cutting either or both of these.. nothing grand but i know that CIC knows about the rice pudding tradition prevalant in sub continent and we did that..
Valima event
Honeymoon photos if u go on one.. along with receipts boarding passes or train tickets or hotel bookings
Wedding and valima dress reciepts
wedding shopping reciepts such as invitation card printing receipts and venue booking/catering/photogrpaher reciepts. Also if u are intiving ur friends visa watsapp make a screenshot of the group.. i made a facebook private event page to invite my friends and provided the CIC a screenshot of the page..
Post marriage dawat pictures like chotthee and all with both the families..
any post marriage private dates u might have gone to...the pics and reciepts..
Last but not the least screen shots of status change on social media and any photos or check-ins you guys might do togather.. donot miss out on that cause i heard CIC always wants to see how public ur marriage is to ur friends and relatives and the social media channel is pretty strong to show them that. :)

Hope this helps.

Has_san said:
Hello AmyR!

I have a question here. Like in the sponsorship form have you provided pictures of Mehndi, Nikkah, Ruksati, Valima? Like for all the proof or you have just shown Ruksati and Valima pictures with Invitation Card. Won't it be enough to attach only these two events.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
one major thing to take care of is to have photogrpahs of the bride and groom signing the nikkah nama and not just thier hands, the dua which follows after the nikkah is signed by the groom..

Has_san said:
Hello AmyR!

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
AmyR said:
I have attached for all three events... mehndi was a small home event but my sponsor was in it too which traditional yellow and red theme... i heard that the CIC is aware of our traditions and hence likes to see all this.. but ofcourse there are some ppl who donot do this event and since there is no specific question about mehndi u can skip it.. However, make sure u and the sponsor have a family gathering before shadi...like maybe a home dinner or something cause that can go in as a proof that u didnot meet only at the wedding for the first time..

So here is a list of things i attached:
Pre marriage family dinner photos
Mehndi event photos
Baraat and rukhsati photos (heard red color bride clothes matter and so does groom's traditional sherwani so i took care of that) People say to have Quran over bride head at rukhsati but i didnot do that since i donot believe in it personally. but i had pictures of us sitting in the car and getting off the car at the groom's house
Kheer chatai rasam or cake cutting either or both of these.. nothing grand but i know that CIC knows about the rice pudding tradition prevalant in sub continent and we did that..
Valima event
Honeymoon photos if u go on one.. along with receipts boarding passes or train tickets or hotel bookings
Wedding and valima dress reciepts
wedding shopping reciepts such as invitation card printing receipts and venue booking/catering/photogrpaher reciepts. Also if u are intiving ur friends visa watsapp make a screenshot of the group.. i made a facebook private event page to invite my friends and provided the CIC a screenshot of the page..
Post marriage dawat pictures like chotthee and all with both the families..
any post marriage private dates u might have gone to...the pics and reciepts..
Last but not the least screen shots of status change on social media and any photos or check-ins you guys might do togather.. donot miss out on that cause i heard CIC always wants to see how public ur marriage is to ur friends and relatives and the social media channel is pretty strong to show them that. :)

Hope this helps.
I didn't include social media status change. I haven't even changed my name on fb. shouldn't really matter. i am on fb with my maiden name..hes in my dp though.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
No i didnot change my name either... but i did put up statuses and checkins of us going to places..
Also i changed my status from single to married to <husband name> and showed a screenshot of congratulatory comments i got from friends and family..

There is no specific requirement of giving social media content but i was advised by someone to include it and it made more sense to me...
Don't worry not every application is the same and not having this bit shudnot hamper ur process at all IA :)

MM345 said:
I didn't include social media status change. I haven't even changed my name on fb. shouldn't really matter. i am on fb with my maiden name..hes in my dp though.

Reactions: oaw