+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nikkah and Rukhsati - Pakistan - Canada

salmankhan

Mar 4, 2009
Hi,
I am a PR of canada and my wife is in pakistan. When i visited pakistan our nikkah held but not rukhsati b/c i was there for a short time and she is studying. I have the following questions:

1 - Is it required for her to specify that only nikkah is done not rukhsati?

2 - When she applied for new NIC she has her old home address b/c she still stays with her parents. In sponsor questionnaire form there are questions regarding where are u staying? and where was your honeymoon held? So is it ok to specify that rukhsati and honeymoon not held yet and planning to do it after reception? OR is it better to show that rukhsati and honeymoon is done and her NIC address and information should be changed to my home address?

Thanks,

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
My sister's friend got PR without rukhsati Nikha is considered as full marriage as visa officer will be Pakistani, visa officer can see your case through cultural norms and traditions i think no problem for you.

yasi

Mar 23, 2009
hi

I think you should nt mension that the rukhsati is not done cause it can make your case suspicious as many ppl doing this and about the NIC thing you can tell them for studies and some personal reasos she is staying with her parensts home

inshallah case will be successfull

Regards
Yasi

yasirmajid

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
It should not be a problem. My friend was also in the same situation. As mentioned above, they take Nikah as full marriage. Information on Honey Moon does not make any difference at our end.

Try to provide photos of nikah having your and bride parents, friends, few cousins and guest prominent in pictures. Your Rukhsati reception can even be done when your is completed.

Regards & Good Luck
Yasir
Link2Canada.ca

salmankhan

Mar 4, 2009
Hi,
Thanks fr your answers. Yes, i am planning to have rukhsati in december 2009 regardless of immigration process. So i have to explain why we have nikkah and not rukhsati. Do i have to specify that in reply of question No 18 or 19 in IMM 5490 ? or do I have to attach separate sheet and explain ?

Thanks,

maryam mujtaba

Mar 9, 2014
hi there, i think u should you should fill in the documents as if both nikah n rukhsati had been done. Try to take as many pictures u can because they want authenticity of ur relationship with ur spouse. It will still take too much time in getting the immigration but u will save urself from troubles as canadian are now very finicky about these things.

riz.hash

Star Member
May 28, 2012
thank u maryam,,, . i had a small gathering of 30 ppl in club/hall can i showthat as reception...???

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Things have changed in Islamabad now. Simple nikkah may cause the cause to delay and situation has also occurred where they ask you to go back and do ruksati.

riz.hash said:
thank u maryam,,, . i had a small gathering of 30 ppl in club/hall can i showthat as reception...???

riz.hash

Star Member
May 28, 2012
I HAVE INVITATION CARD FOR NIKKAH . BUT NOT FOR RECEPTION. WHAT TO DO FOR THAT??? PLEASE HELP.. I HAVE 15 PICS OF THAT DAY..

THANKS,

maryam mujtaba

Mar 9, 2014
take pictures with ur spouse,, as many as u can.. 15 photos for the weddings r enough.. is there with molvi who read the nikah? do send that aswell.

riz.hash

Star Member
May 28, 2012
nikkah was held with molvi and every one.. but reception was bit casual.small event of 30 people.. i have 10 pics for that only..

thanks,,

riz.hash

Star Member
May 28, 2012
yes maryam, m very scared abt the reception thng, we were in nrmal dres nt bridal , hope they wnt mind. but case wil cme to islamabad and all the people working there are pakistani. they wnt make any isue?