+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIKKAH AFTER VISA AND BEFORE LANDING - URGENT

Tam123

Jun 15, 2017
I have the immigrant Visa but i have NOT landed in Canada yet.

I will be permanently moving to Canada now. Would it be wise to get my Nikkah done with my Fiance before my landing (she will not move with me to Canada right now as she is completing her education) and once i am there i can sponsor her (that timeline of 90 days has passed where I could have added her to my application). So would this route work?

I GET THE NIKKAH DONE ->I LAND -->I SPONSOR HER

Your feedback would be highly appreciated

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
I have the immigrant Visa but i have NOT landed in Canada yet.

I will be permanently moving to Canada now. Would it be wise to get my Nikkah done with my Fiance before my landing (she will not move with me to Canada right now as she is completing her education) and once i am there i can sponsor her (that timeline of 90 days has passed where I could have added her to my application). So would this route work?

I GET THE NIKKAH DONE ->I LAND -->I SPONSOR HER

Your feedback would be highly appreciated

No, you need to land first and then u can go for Nikah and then sponsor her. If you go with Nikah now then your COPR will have to be returned to IRCC and then they will reaccess the file again which will take additional 3-4months to get revised COPR. so, it's better to land first and then go for your NIkah :)

I hope you ll make the best decision & best of luck for your new life ahead ^_^

Tam123

Jun 15, 2017
No, you need to land first and then u can go for Nikah and then sponsor her. If you go with Nikah now then your COPR will have to be returned to IRCC and then they will reaccess the file again which will take additional 3-4months to get revised COPR. so, it's better to land first and then go for your NIkah :)

I hope you ll make the best decision & best of luck for your new life ahead ^_^

Thanks - but i am not taking her along right now. I applied as a single applicant and i got my COPR as a single applicant. If i get the nikkah done now and then move there, I cant start her application after 2-3 months of getting my PR card?

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks - but i am not taking her along right now. I applied as a single applicant and i got my COPR as a single applicant. If i get the nikkah done now and then move there, I cant start her application after 2-3 months of getting my PR card?
If you do the marriage now then you will have to update your profile and will become ineligible for your current COPR.