File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
venner78 said:
Hello thai/peg ,
I have the same problem with royal mail. I send email to CHC london,they reply with positive answer ( they received my documenst). They ecas Will not tell any thing.
br
topperne
they never update ecas about it, you can see this info only in CAIPS notes. in our case even visa office didn't reply to our email asking them if they received a package or not.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
thai/peg said:
The tracking online says, it was caught up in processing oct 26th. I have been speaking with post office agents on the phone as well. They opened a trace...still cant tell me anything.
did you use ordinary mail or express mail?

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
CAIPS notes won't help since it's the post office problem. Call the post office and tell them you are going to sue them for this kind of a mistake. Do you have any insurance coverage????

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MARLENA said:
Call the post office and tell them you are going to sue them for this kind of a mistake.
This is, in all likelihood, an empty threat, and they'll know it. Canada Post's liability is almost certainly limited to the amount of the insurance coverage plus the amount of the postage.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Post office still accountable for their mistakes especially if still didn't get any answer. She can't just sit and wait!!! she is entitled to her rights by means knowing what happen with her application.

thai/peg

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada and Trang Thailand
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A tracing officer contacted me from the post office. Told me they think it is probably at CIC but they will not be able to tell me for sure (I sent it priority with tracking number) They have cut me a check for 130$ which does not even cover his medical not to mention all the pics we have in there that can not be replaced as they were old and not digital and I do not have the negatives. He was very sympathetic and said canadian post does have some faults. He suggested I call CIC, which again they told me they are opening Oct 14 applications, I sent mine to arrive on Oct 26th so CIC told me to call back at the end of NOvember. The Post office also sent me a letter that I could send to CIC but I have no idea what difference that would make, they wont care. So basically I have to hope that it is there and wait till the end of the month. I can't begin to express how much stress this has caused.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
MARLENA said:
CAIPS notes won't help since it's the post office problem. Call the post office and tell them you are going to sue them for this kind of a mistake. Do you have any insurance coverage????
in our case we couldn't find out whether our updated package arrived at visa office, and they never replied to any of our emails, the found out that they successfully received it only after we ordered CAIPS notes - the visa office mentioned there about the received update.

sheena21

Star Member
Nov 2, 2009
Canada Post - pain in the neck!!!! It is very grueling to collate all the docs to be submitted but now it is nowhere to be found?! Head aches, pressures, and what not occurred when completing the docs to be submitted. Even if they will give you thousands of CAD for recompense, it is not enough though.

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
well i agree sheena.. this has nothing to deal with money.. what matters is the effort to collate all the required docs.. memorable stuffs i.e cards, old pics. etc.

canada post sucks...as mine sent last oct 13 and only oct 27 that we receive progress on our courier,,,

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Great news at least they found the missing puzzle.
I'm sure it's an approval decision. Good luck and congratulations in advance!!!