+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians applying for QSW let us connect here.

BCornerstone

Aug 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
Madame15 said:
Are there any Nigerians planning to for QSW lets connect here to share ideas, please.
Hi I'm interested in applying for QSWP and still gathering documents... what stage are you?

success18

Sep 22, 2015
Please, can anyone assist me with the address where Nigerian applicant for Quebec skilled worker regular will send their application.

Madame15

Oct 15, 2015
BCornerstone said:
Hi I'm interested in applying for QSWP and still gathering documents... what stage are you?
I just read about QSW on the 2nd of November, I am gathering my documents. It seems like a difficult process, but I will try my best. I missed out on previous Canadian programmes.

Madame15

Oct 15, 2015
Please who can assist in informing us of the address to send the completed application package.

Madame15

Oct 15, 2015
I saw this on the link for Applicants from Nigeria.It was in French so i did the translation on Google. I wonder what they mean. :eek:

New applications and correspondence should be sent to the Economic Directorate of Immigration - International, Western Europe Department, Maghreb and sub-Saharan Africa and not in the office from Paris or Brussels."

Newjwel

May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sep 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5/2016
LANDED..........
Waiting for visa
Madame15 said:
I saw this on the link for Applicants from Nigeria.It was in French so i did the translation on Google. I wonder what they mean. :eek:

New applications and correspondence should be sent to the Economic Directorate of Immigration - International, Western Europe Department, Maghreb and sub-Saharan Africa and not in the office from Paris or Brussels."
Thats where to send ur application.

Direction de l'immigration économique – International Service Europe de l'Ouest, Afrique subsaharienne et Maghreb Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8 CANADA
Télécopieur : 514 864-9221

cuteebony

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
I just joined canadavisa few minutes ago because I am also in for QSW. I did the online assessement and I am eligible, even though I don't speak or understand French. The French thingy is giving me a concern because I do not want to go through any language struggle again just like I went through in Sweden. I moved to Sweden 5 years ago it was a hell of experience before getting both feets on ground. That is for another day. I just heard about the Quebec drift this weekend and I will start gathering my documents tomorrow. Are Quebec residents bi-lingual or they only speak french? :eek: :eek:

Madame15

Oct 15, 2015
cuteebony said:
I just joined canadavisa few minutes ago because I am also in for QSW. I did the online assessement and I am eligible, even though I don't speak or understand French. The French thingy is giving me a concern because I do not want to go through any language struggle again just like I went through in Sweden. I moved to Sweden 5 years ago it was a hell of experience before getting both feets on ground. That is for another day. I just heard about the Quebec drift this weekend and I will start gathering my documents tomorrow. Are Quebec residents bi-lingual or they only speak french? :eek: :eek:
Welcome to the group.Quebec is 90% french but from my understanding, they are trying to make it more bilingual hence the lack of compulsory french. Because in the past, French was compulsory but it is no longer so.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Madame15 said:
Welcome to the group.Quebec is 90% french but from my understanding, they are trying to make it more bilingual hence the lack of compulsory french. Because in the past, French was compulsory but it is no longer so.
The official language of Quebec is French. There is absolutely no desire or policy to make the province bilingual. One of the objectives of the government's strategic plan for immigration is to *increase* the level of French among immigrants.

Outside Montreal, & the Gatineau/Hull region, you would struggle to settle/live/work without learning French.

Madame15

Oct 15, 2015
Lammawitch said:
The official language of Quebec is French. There is absolutely no desire or policy to make the province bilingual. One of the objectives of the government's strategic plan for immigration is to *increase* the level of French among immigrants.

Outside Montreal, & the Gatineau/Hull region, you would struggle to settle/live/work without learning French.
Really!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Thanks for the correction. But why would they encourage people to migrate without making French compulsory?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Madame15 said:
Really!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Thanks for the correction. But why would they encourage people to migrate without making French compulsory?
Because the economy needs immigrants ;). It would be very hard & politically complicated to make French compulsory. Hence free French lessons for new immigrants to help them, & extra points for those who DO have French at B2 level.

rabeya84

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
Doc's Request.
still not
Nomination.....
waiting for that
AOR Received.
October-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
waiting for that
Med's Done....
waiting for that
Interview........
waiting for that
Passport Req..
waiting for that
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Lammawitch said:
Because the economy needs immigrants ;). It would be very hard & politically complicated to make French compulsory. Hence free French lessons for new immigrants to help them, & extra points for those who DO have French at B2 level.
Hi Lammawitch,
Please comment on my quarries at "Quebec Applicant Let's Share Experience"

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rabeya84 said:
Hi Lammawitch,
Please comment on my quarries at "Quebec Applicant Let's Share Experience"
What query?

Okay: edited to add: saw your question; I haven't commented because I don't know the answer, sorry :(