+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerian Students Waiting for Visa for January 2015 (Online/Paper Application)

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seyececil said:
I applied within the country. I applied October 3rd. so if its actually 23 weeks, that means I'll hear from them by April. I sent a mail to them though, they said the application was being processed in Ghana. I suppose they were wrong. Thanks though.
Hey seyececil, it is not that all application takes that long but it is the kinda of the average while some could be less others could be more, it serves as a guide so that you can prepare way ahead of time for it. Ghana only process permanent residence and other citizenship related stuff and Nigeria now process study permit, work permit and visitor visa @least this is the information on their site.

So bro i urge you to stay strong, this should be a way for you to wax on stronger and keep moving, don't give up. All da very best.

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Nas man said:
Hey seyececil, it is not that all application takes that long but it is the kinda of the average while some could be less others could be more, it serves as a guide so that you can prepare way ahead of time for it. Ghana only process permanent residence and other citizenship related stuff and Nigeria now process study permit, work permit and visitor visa @ least this is the information on their site.

So bro i urge you to stay strong, this should be a way for you to wax on stronger and keep moving, don't give up. All da very best.
I understand. Thanks, I'll keep you posted.

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hey guys. Its been a while. So I checked my cic account today. and my status has been updated to 'Approved'. I have not gotten the letter of introduction yet, neither a passport request email. I guess that'll be later in the day. Or does anyone have an idea? Please reply. Thank you

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seyececil said:
Hey guys. Its been a while. So I checked my cic account today. and my status has been updated to 'Approved'. I have not gotten the letter of introduction yet, neither a passport request email. I guess that'll be later in the day. Or does anyone have an idea? Please reply. Thank you
Congrats to you bro, wish you the very, i sure hope you got the passport request cause it's race against time since your program starts in January, do keep us posted. Congrats once again.

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Nas man said:
Congrats to you bro, wish you the very, i sure hope you got the passport request cause it's race against time since your program starts in January, do keep us posted. Congrats once again.
Actually i deferred to may. So I'm good. But I haven't gotten the passport request yet.

ObinnaOkeke

Feb 4, 2015
Seyececil said:
You are welcome.
Please! Who knows or is there an expected number in months, the sponsors statement of account printed have to bear. Ie. Most it 6months or can it be below as case maybe as long as the value turnup is much like above 8m. Why asking is that am thinking of printing a 4-months statement that will have high value turnup in order that the VAC processing time won't affect school date of resumption ie. Sept 2015.
Advice Plz!

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
ObinnaOkeke said:
Please! Who knows or is there an expected number in months, the sponsors statement of account printed have to bear. Ie. Most it 6months or can it be below as case maybe as long as the value turnup is much like above 8m. Why asking is that am thinking of printing a 4-months statement that will have high value turnup in order that the VAC processing time won't affect school date of resumption ie. Sept 2015.
Advice Plz!
Send the 6 months. That's what was asked for. It can be more than six months (since i submitted for 8 months or so) but not less. if the turnup value is much, then its good. The processing time is 8 weeks since the applications for nigerian students (paper application) is being processed in Ghana. so it'll take 2 months. Just make sure you submit every document that is requested for.

minnietope

Feb 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

@Seyecil are you suggesting that paper application is faster for Nigerian students (cos you said 2 months for the paper application) while you did online application since Oct 3rd and you received feedback in February.

Also i have admission for M.Eng start date is Sept 2015 (i already deferred from September 2014, hence, i will not be able to defer anymore).

I am planning to apply in the 1st of June, also i opened a new account for this purpose in Jan 2015, because the information saw online before today said 4 months statement but i noticed you said 6 months statement.

Also i am applying with my spouse and son all at the same time and i intend to do paper application (submitting all the required documentation) which i am assuming it s via VFS in Lagos. I will apply for CAQ because my university is in Quebec.

Kindly reply with information that will be helpful since you have successfully gone through the process.

Thank you.

Cheers

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
minnietope said:
Hello everyone,

@ Seyecil are you suggesting that paper application is faster for Nigerian students (cos you said 2 months for the paper application) while you did online application since Oct 3rd and you received feedback in February.

Also i have admission for M.Eng start date is Sept 2015 (i already deferred from September 2014, hence, i will not be able to defer anymore).

I am planning to apply in the 1st of June, also i opened a new account for this purpose in Jan 2015, because the information saw online before today said 4 months statement but i noticed you said 6 months statement.

Also i am applying with my spouse and son all at the same time and i intend to do paper application (submitting all the required documentation) which i am assuming it s via VFS in Lagos. I will apply for CAQ because my university is in Quebec.

Kindly reply with information that will be helpful since you have successfully gone through the process.

Thank you.

Cheers
Concerning the statement, i was wrong. It should be 4 months and above if possible. I apologize for that. I'm not familiar with applications including spouses and children, but i'm sure you can get more information from their website (this might help: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3). I suggested paper application because of how long my online application took (almost 5 months) which is longer than the 2 months average processing time on the site (study permits for Nigerians are being processed in Ghana). But i met someone who told me his online application took less than 2 weeks. So i suppose its different strokes for different folks and also depends on the officer processing your application. Which university did you get admitted into? I also suggest you apply as soon as possible, just in case. I know of someone who has already gotten his visa but is to resume September, 2015. Please feel free to ask anymore questions, i'll answer to the best of my knowledge. I wish you all the best.

minnietope

Feb 26, 2015
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I got admitted into Concordia University Montreal in Quebec.
It was for September 2014, but received the admission late so i deferred it to September 2015.

I am looking at first week in June to apply because of I only opened the account in January, also i will have to apply for CAQ which I am planning to do in April. The timeline for the CAQ is at least 1 month, this is a prerequiste for study in Quebec.

I guess i will have to do more research about submitting online/paper, although i intend to submit the medicals and police report along with the other required documents to help speed up the process.

Thank you once again.

Cheers

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
minnietope said:
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I got admitted into Concordia University Montreal in Quebec.
It was for September 2014, but received the admission late so i deferred it to September 2015.

I am looking at first week in June to apply because of I only opened the account in January, also i will have to apply for CAQ which I am planning to do in April. The timeline for the CAQ is at least 1 month, this is a prerequiste for study in Quebec.

I guess i will have to do more research about submitting online/paper, although i intend to submit the medicals and police report along with the other required documents to help speed up the process.

Thank you once again.

Cheers
That's the same school i'm going to be attending by may. Why open a new account? why not use an already existing account? Yes, submitting the police clearance and medicals will help speed up the process. The online may just be faster in your case, but honestly i'm not so sure.

minnietope

Feb 26, 2015
my other account is savings, so i just thought a current account was better, that was why i opened a new account.

Its cool u are attending Concordia too, what course are planning to study, did you pay any part of your tuition

Kindly send me ur email address, so i can send you direct emails.

Thank you