+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerian Students Waiting for Visa for January 2015 (Online/Paper Application)

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seyececil said:
No change to my application yet. Haven't checked today though.

How long has it been since you made the application? Is it up to 23 weeks? Any changes or update regarding your application today?

ObinnaOkeke

Feb 4, 2015
Since yours takes this length to be addressed, when then will be the right time for me to apply to VAC, since my own school resumption is September? When is the right time(as per month) to apply? Please what other information to help mine. Won't like to experience such delays. Thanks!

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Nas man said:
How long has it been since you made the application? Is it up to 23 weeks? Any changes or update regarding your application today?
I submitted my application on the 3rd of October. Its not up to 23 weeks yet. But I know that study permits for nigerian students are being processed in ghana which takes 8 weeks via paper application, doesnt look like it applies to online applications though. There has been no change to my application as of today. Still waiting.

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
ObinnaOkeke said:
Since yours takes this length to be addressed, when then will be the right time for me to apply to VAC, since my own school resumption is September? When is the right time(as per month) to apply? Please what other information to help mine. Won't like to experience such delays. Thanks!
I suggest you apply this month if possible. Seeing as anything can happen with these people. And apply via paper application not online. Apparently, its not faster for nigerian applicants. I wish you all the best.

Tchio90

Dec 13, 2014
I think the best is that you apply now, and make sure you submit an upfront medical visit bcz its needed for your application,
@ Seyececll, I am stilll waiting on my application I guess I will have answer in the coming week since my application is already close to the normal processing time. I will sure keep you update as soon as I have an answer from them.

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Tchio90 said:
I think the best is that you apply now, and make sure you submit an upfront medical visit bcz its needed for your application,
@ Seyececll, I am stilll waiting on my application I guess I will have answer in the coming week since my application is already close to the normal processing time. I will sure keep you update as soon as I have an answer from them.
Alright then. Thank you.

ObinnaOkeke

Feb 4, 2015
Seyececil said:
I suggest you apply this month if possible. Seeing as anything can happen with these people. And apply via paper application not online. Apparently, its not faster for nigerian applicants. I wish you all the best.
Thanks! I wish I could. Only delay am having now from applying is getting my sponsor financial statement in place. Heard a 6months bank statement is required? Please Can I have list(s) of documents required ( you packed) in the application package submitted to the VAC, as to compare with what I already have to ensure I have all in place.
@tooba, thanks! good point. Heard Medicals before app. submission, reduces delays. Also I think it has space interval before doing so like 2months before applying?

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
ObinnaOkeke said:
Thanks! I wish I could. Only delay am having now from applying is getting my sponsor financial statement in place. Heard a 6months bank statement is required? Please Can I have list(s) of documents required ( you packed) in the application package submitted to the VAC, as to compare with what I already have to ensure I have all in place.
@ tooba, thanks! good point. Heard Medicals before app. submission, reduces delays. Also I think it has space interval before doing so like 2months before applying?
I submitted the financial statements for a year though. I submitted an online application in which I was given a personalized checklist. Check out this site http://cannime.com/applying-for-a-canadian-study-permit-from-nigeria/ it should be able to help you.

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seyececil said:
I submitted my application on the 3rd of October. Its not up to 23 weeks yet. But I know that study permits for nigerian students are being processed in ghana which takes 8 weeks via paper application, doesnt look like it applies to online applications though. There has been no change to my application as of today. Still waiting.

Bro, are you applying from within the country of somewhere else? I would suggest you take your plan to option B, which means worst case scenario, you need to get another admission letter for say Sept 2015 or Jan 2016 considering the 23 weeks (approximately 6 months) needed for a study permit application for Nigerians, this could be done by requesting a defer letter from the school or an outright new application to the school and you must inform them about the length of the processing of study permit so that they can give your admission letter in time to thrown in a new application well ahead of time.

But if you are making the application as a Nigerian from outside the country, your status in that country do matter as it might count against you as 'no tie to home country'.

Do wish you the very best and do keep us posted.

Seyececil

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Nas man said:
Bro, are you applying from within the country of somewhere else? I would suggest you take your plan to option B, which means worst case scenario, you need to get another admission letter for say Sept 2015 or Jan 2016 considering the 23 weeks (approximately 6 months) needed for a study permit application for Nigerians, this could be done by requesting a defer letter from the school or an outright new application to the school and you must inform them about the length of the processing of study permit so that they can give your admission letter in time to thrown in a new application well ahead of time.

But if you are making the application as a Nigerian from outside the country, your status in that country do matter as it might count against you as 'no tie to home country'.

Do wish you the very best and do keep us posted.
I applied within the country. I applied October 3rd. so if its actually 23 weeks, that means I'll hear from them by April. I sent a mail to them though, they said the application was being processed in Ghana. I suppose they were wrong. Thanks though.