+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

nigerian applicants

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
please how did you resolve the language proficiency hurdle without ielts and got your application to the next stage i.e. 'medicals requested'.don't have ielts,planning to:
go to my school get transcript,
letter to prove i was trained in english,
did my clinical practices in english including industrial attachment programmes SIWES,
my final thesis in enlish (submit a copy to them),
get a letter from my employers:
to prove i have practiced my clinical skills in english
have had to do so in various nations (including Canada)of the world in doing my work
hope this will suffice.
want advice from seniors who have passed through this path without ielts

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My very honest advise is for u to write IELTS,CIC WILL not accept letters from nigerian cos it is technically not an english speaking country,i ave a friend now who is in a fix just bcos she sent letters from everywhere saying she had studied in english but CIC replied her dat she should submit her IELTS result in 60 days and unfortunately there isn't space to write d exam till sept,so u r better off writing d exam.
Dats my 2kobo advise to you!!hope it helps

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
but seen some nigerians who didn't do it and have submitted medicals under the new system and seen some schools in canada who accept degrees from certain schools in 9ja and ignore the english requirement cos time no too dey again o.did u submit ielts?what level of education did ur friend attain?cos there's a case on trackitt.com with no degree and no ielts and have submitted passports.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamteam said:
but seen some nigerians who didn't do it and have submitted medicals under the new system and seen some schools in canada who accept degrees from certain schools in 9ja and ignore the english requirement cos time no too dey again o.did u submit ielts?what level of education did ur friend attain?cos there's a case on trackitt.com with no degree and no ielts and have submitted passports.
Me self get interest for dis one. I agree say Nigeria no be (technically) English speaking country, but na former British colony and the official language na English. Also, even from Primary school till end of university or college no be English dem dey use to teach us.
I think say dem dey do am case by case.

O boy I,ve been speaking english since age 3, today because I want to Immigrate, dem dey tell me say make I do IELTS. Na wa o.
Guys, make una no joke o.

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
BobbyB,
i feel you,think it's just a case of God's favor,was in canada for about 30days and i had no hassles with communicating with all i saw in about 3provinces.if their schools exempt graduates trained in english language for master's and phd studies,i don't see any reason why CIC should be different

mbomuluh

Jul 9, 2009
Hmmm nawa oh!!! I am also interested in this one...which universities dey accept Masters and PhD from 9ja? And the IELTS issue fit become wahala! Hope not cos I no fit imagine say I have to write IELTS...anyway person go pass if ye write am I sure...

canadaforsure

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if actually you studied in english, passing ielts wont be a problem if you allow them to give you a score in language proficiency you may get a lower score than you would if you had actually taken ielts. give it a shot and it wont hurt. it is N27,000.00 bank draft in favour of british council. if you are in naija i could help you with the study materials

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamteam said:
BobbyB,
i feel you,think it's just a case of God's favor,was in canada for about 30days and i had no hassles with communicating with all i saw in about 3provinces.if their schools exempt graduates trained in english language for master's and phd studies,i don't see any reason why CIC should be different
"Em, Man no die Man no rotten, Life continues. En, e ja ka se and show dem say we self na Oyibo".

Canadaforsure,
me, I dey for London. Anyway, thanks for the offer. I think I might as well just do it.
Well, I need only 7 points, if I calculate the "lower" edge of the points. I'll go and register for it and get it out of the way ASAP.

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Best to take the exam guys!don't give them any reason to refuse you.

Sir K

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
This is quite interesting, I was able to get to medicals and RPRF without the ielts sha. Maybe like Bobby B said ealier, ites based on individual cases. I only submitted written application and it went well. All the best.
Cheers

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir K said:
This is quite interesting, I was able to get to medicals and RPRF without the ielts sha. Maybe like Bobby B said ealier, ites based on individual cases. I only submitted written application and it went well. All the best.
Cheers
Sir K,
Thank you for the information.
I am still optimistic that the written Explanation I have prepared should do the job. I think they evaluate each case by it's own merits.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
canadaforsure said:
if actually you studied in english, passing ielts wont be a problem if you allow them to give you a score in language proficiency you may get a lower score than you would if you had actually taken ielts. give it a shot and it wont hurt. it is N27,000.00 bank draft in favour of british council. if you are in naija i could help you with the study materials
I need, how can i get it pls, especially the CD.