+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigeria Timeline

Clara Onyii

Feb 10, 2020
Please try to stay calm cause It wont help trust me.

Here is my TL:
May 13th 2019: app received
July 3rd 2019: AOR
July 4th: SA approved/biometric done and passed
July 15: app sent to Accra
July 23rd: app received Quebec (CSQ)
Nov 29: CSQ approved

Since......nothing

My hubby and I are going crazy. I was supposed to go see him in Nigeria in may. As soon as we are safe to travel, ill go see him. We miss each other so much. Its hard.
Aww so you live in Quebec. I have always wanted to visit Montreal.
Anyways I feel the delay is cos of Quebec has so many paper trails, so hang in there, you will get it believe me.
It would have been lots faster if you were from another province, that way there wouldn't have been need for different points of approvals.
Trust me I know about the crazy part. I got married last December in Nigeria and came back to Canada after a week, not even a damn honeymoon!! Now I get delays due to COVID 19. It's frustrating I swear.

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
Aww so you live in Quebec. I have always wanted to visit Montreal.
Anyways I feel the delay is cos of Quebec has so many paper trails, so hang in there, you will get it believe me.
It would have been lots faster if you were from another province, that way there wouldn't have been need for different points of approvals.
Trust me I know about the crazy part. I got married last December in Nigeria and came back to Canada after a week, not even a damn honeymoon!! Now I get delays due to COVID 19. It's frustrating I swear.
Yes I do live in Quebec. However, once the CSQ is issued, its all about the federal. I got the CSQ last november. In january, they were at the eligibilty state..
Its very long, either you give me an interview or move on you know. Its frustrating.
Congrats on your wedding dear!

I was supposed to go to Calabar with hubby but everything was sold out last october.

Covid delays everything for sure.
We have to keep the faith.

Montreal is a beautiful city. Very cosmopolitain ❤

Clara Onyii

Feb 10, 2020
Yes I do live in Quebec. However, once the CSQ is issued, its all about the federal. I got the CSQ last november. In january, they were at the eligibilty state..
Its very long, either you give me an interview or move on you know. Its frustrating.
Congrats on your wedding dear!

I was supposed to go to Calabar with hubby but everything was sold out last october.

Covid delays everything for sure.
We have to keep the faith.

Montreal is a beautiful city. Very cosmopolitain ❤
Thanks dear.
Has AVO received your application? Because I heard their processes are so slow. Was really hoping for a quick process this year cos I heard CIC was making it shorter now for Outland applications but with this pandemic, who knows? And no one is even saying anything.
I feel they should atleast send us emails to info us about any slow down in process . Am I been so insensitive?

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
Thanks dear.
Has AVO received your application? Because I heard their processes are so slow. Was really hoping for a quick process this year cos I heard CIC was making it shorter now for Outland applications but with this pandemic, who knows? And no one is even saying anything.
I feel they should atleast send us emails to info us about any slow down in process . Am I been so insensitive?
Yes they have. I even involved my MP. They were at the eligibilty stage. Its stuck there.
However, I will re involve my MP when it goes over the year. I may sound insensitive but they had plenty of time to process my file before Covid 19 happened.
AVO is a veryyy slllllooooowww office. Same as Mexico.
Its unfortunate because I miss my husband so much...

Clara Onyii

Feb 10, 2020
Yes they have. I even involved my MP. They were at the eligibilty stage. Its stuck there.
However, I will re involve my MP when it goes over the year. I may sound insensitive but they had plenty of time to process my file before Covid 19 happened.
AVO is a veryyy slllllooooowww office. Same as Mexico.
Its unfortunate because I miss my husband so much...
Oh that's nice to hear one can involve their MP on this, I thought you can only involve them on Inland applications.
Yes they had plenty of time to process your application, I believe yours should be wrapped up soonest.
I told myself it wouldn't come to the point of me going to Nigeria to visit my husband because I am been hopeful that his application will pull through just in time before our anniversary. Let's all keep faith alive. That's the only thing we have, hope, faith and prayers.

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
Oh that's nice to hear one can involve their MP on this, I thought you can only involve them on Inland applications.
Yes they had plenty of time to process your application, I believe yours should be wrapped up soonest.
I told myself it wouldn't come to the point of me going to Nigeria to visit my husband because I am been hopeful that his application will pull through just in time before our anniversary. Let's all keep faith alive. That's the only thing we have, hope, faith and prayers.
You can involve inland or outland. Usually after one year but I explained and they helped me. Im grateful for them

Clara Onyii

Feb 10, 2020
You can involve inland or outland. Usually after one year but I explained and they helped me. Im grateful for them
I wish they could just treat Outland applications like that of inland, issue the spouses temporary work permit because it's just not fair. Living alone without your spouse is the hardest thing ever.