+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seglad said:
This is not new,there is always a way to every situation. Lets cross the bridge first. The situation will adjust itself.
u don cross the bridge o :eek:.so make u begin fine-tune plans for children after school hours o.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
My pple,

I submitted my full docs on 14/12/2010 yet my ecas is showing the old info. "We received your application on xx xx xxxx" whereas others who submitted after me have their ecas showing "RBVO"

I have sent them email for them to confirm receipt of my docs but they never replied me.

I don't have any document to show acknowledgement as I sent the document through a friend to Hand deliver it to Accra.

What do I do?

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
Right said:
My pple,

I submitted my full docs on 14/12/2010 yet my ecas is showing the old info. "We received your application on xx xx xxxx" whereas others who submitted after me have their ecas showing "RBVO"

I have sent them email for them to confirm receipt of my docs but they never replied me.

I don't have any document to show acknowledgement as I sent the document through a friend to Hand deliver it to Accra.

What do I do?
I will narrate my experience below in response to your post.

I sent my docs to accra via courier in Sept 2010 but did not see any change in my ecas status for more than 30 days. I then did an email to them in October to inquire if they got my application and to my greatest surprise, they responded after some days and told me they have not received anything.

I then provided them with the tracking number and a printout of the delivery confirmation from the courier company that shows the name of their staff who signed for it in September and the date.
They then responded and told me that they got it and provided me with another immigration file number. If I did not have that tracking details I wonder what could have happened to my docs. So the first step towards tracing your application is to confirm if it actually got to them and if it did, there should be a confirmation. If your friend is in Ghana, I would suggest a visit to the Canadian high commission so that they can trace their records again. Sending an email may not be of help because there is no information to use and trace. - You know this people handle a lot of correspondence.

This is my take on this matter and please be rest assured that it will eventually come out good.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Thanks Vicolo.

The issue now is I sent mine thru a fren and there is no acknowledgement nor Tracking record to show the staff who collected it.

Secondly the person at Accra may not be so disposed to go to the visa Office.

Well I hope for the best.

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
Hoping for the best may not be the right approach to resolving this issue. You took time to assemble your documents so i think you should make an extra effort to ensure it gets to the place it is supposed to be.

You said the person that took it is a friend of yours so going there to confirm what happened should not be a problem. If he or she went there the first time, what would it take to make a second journey.

Anyway the final decision rests with you

Cheers

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Right said:
Thanks Vicolo.

The issue now is I sent mine thru a fren and there is no acknowledgement nor Tracking record to show the staff who collected it.

Secondly the person at Accra may not be so disposed to go to the visa Office.

Well I hope for the best.
Pa Right, abeg u need to go to Accra immediately, I guess you have put in so much, such that you cannot afford to leave this to chance. There has to be a point/procedure where your friend submitted the package, I would expect that there must be some kind of evidence that he/her dropped off the package at the Canadian High Commission, they can't just accept packages casually.
Please do not make such mistakes in future, but, do you have another complete set of documents?, at least to keep handy in case it is confirmed that the initial package was not received.

basking4me

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra-Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
??
AOR Received.
Oct 17 2010
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
On the Way!
Med's Done....
Definitely Will be Soon
Interview........
Wont do it
Passport Req..
Sooner than anticipated
VISA ISSUED...
Same as Above
LANDED..........
...With Style :)
Hello people, I thought we are suppose to send our documents to a post office address in Ghana. That is what I have read in the guidelines for submission. Will they accept the docs at the embassy too.

I am yet to submit my docs yet I have less than 10days to go. My school wont give me transcript and it will take donkey years to get it to ghana if they send it themselves.

I may as well just send the docs without the transcript.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basking4me said:
Hello people, I thought we are suppose to send our documents to a post office address in Ghana. That is what I have read in the guidelines for submission. Will they accept the docs at the embassy too. Yes. But do have their staff to append his/her name on a letter to confirm receipt or you can send via courier to the physical address.

I am yet to submit my docs yet I have less than 10days to go. My school wont give me transcript Ask them to send it to your employer. Then collect it and forward to Ghana.and it will take donkey years to get it to ghana if they send it themselves. It shouldn't be but this our 9ja Universities make a mountain out of a mole high. Pele.

I may as well just send the docs without the transcript. If you haven't gotten your transcript by now then prepare to send your documents so that you don't exceed the deadline. Meanwhile send the transcript the minute you get it from your UNI.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Pa Naija Pikin,

The story goes thus: My wife works with an Airline.....when I submitted my first application in 2007 through same way.

I gave it to her and she gave an Air hostess...she gave their manager in Accra and it was delivered. I got my AOR through mail and later regular mail.

When I finished gathering my docs, I followed same process and the Manager in Accra confirmed to my wife thru fone that she had delivered the percel. I was expecting change in my ecas.

When I did not see any changes, I mailed them but they have not replied. I believed the documents are with them until I read "Pa Awoderu"'s comment thru may thread that his ecas has changed to "RBVO"

I know I submitted mine a week before his own, thats why am a bit worried.

I hope you understand my position. It was not really a mistake on my part since I have used the same medium before and it really worked. However it was even faster than the so called DHL/UPS bcos it got there same day. The only issue was that I should have drawn a kind of acknowledgement paper-like where the receiver would have written name, date and signature. This I will do in future.

Thank you once again for your comment. More pls.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right said:
Pa Naija Pikin,

The story goes thus: My wife works with an Airline.....when I submitted my first application in 2007 through same way.

I gave it to her and she gave an Air hostess...she gave their manager in Accra and it was delivered. I got my AOR through mail and later regular mail.

When I finished gathering my docs, I followed same process and the Manager in Accra confirmed to my wife thru fone that she had delivered the percel. I was expecting change in my ecas.

When I did not see any changes, I mailed them but they have not replied. I believed the documents are with them until I read "Pa Awoderu"'s comment thru may thread that his ecas has changed to "RBVO"

I hope you understand my position. It was not really a mistake on my part since I have used the same medium before and it really worked. However it was even faster than the so called DHL/UPS bcos it got there same day. The only issue was that I should have drawn a kind of acknowledgement paper-like where the receiver would have written name, date and signature. This I will do in future.This should be an advise to other people. Still write them again.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
barsindoo said:
This should be an advise to other people. Still write them again.
Yes for other to learn from it.

I have just written another mail to them now. I am still hoping for the best. Meanwhile ma wifey had written the manager in Accra to go and sort it out at the mission. I just hope all will be well IJN. I'll keep you all posted.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Right said:
Pa Naija Pikin,

I hope you understand my position. It was not really a mistake on my part since I have used the same medium before and it really worked. However it was even faster than the so called DHL/UPS bcos it got there same day. The only issue was that I should have drawn a kind of acknowledgement paper-like where the receiver would have written name, date and signature. This I will do in future.

Have you checked your ecas today?, mine just changed from IN PROCESS to Centralized Intake Office Sydney(CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete. I have since received the positive eligibility letter (what we coin PER), on the 15th of Dec 2010. Surprisingly, my friend in another forum, who had same time lines with me, has just moved ahead of me, his ecas now shows, Received By Visa Office, his VO is London. Let's keep hope alive by believing that Accra is slow. But my candid advice is that you make an effort to visit Accra, and confirm that one can actually drop off a package, without making an entry. You could find out something that may enable you to trace the package.
All the best my fellow Pa'

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Naija Pikin said:
Have you checked your ecas today?, mine just changed from IN PROCESS to Centralized Intake Office Sydney(CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete. I have since received the positive eligibility letter (what we coin PER), on the 15th of Dec 2010. Surprisingly, my friend in another forum, who both had same time lines with me, has just moved ahead of me, his ecas now shows, Received By Visa Office, his VO is London. Let's keep hope alive by believing that Accra is slow. But my candid advice is that you make an effort to visit Accra, and confirm that one can actually drop off a package, without making an entry. You could find out something that may enable you to trace the package.
All the best my fellow Pa'
Thanks so much..I feel u die!

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right said:
Yes for other to learn from it.

I have just written another mail to them now. I am still hoping for the best. Meanwhile ma wifey had written the manager in Accra to go and sort it out at the mission. I just hope all will be well IJN. Don't hope! For it is well with you IJN.I'll keep you all posted.