+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
Hello,

Please can someone advice me on how much it cost to do medicals in lagos.

Please and kindly let me know the medical tests that is been done .My family's application is in process and we are expecting the accra office to write us as per the medicals.
Thank you all.

Maky

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
seglad said:
72points? I thought the highest points for English is 9 How do they arrive at 72, is there any new remark for points calculation
I was able to get 12 points for the IELTS (point according to the visa requirement and not score) making me to arrive at a total of 72 point.

I hope that's clear.

Some one also mentioned something about update of FRSC driving license, i believe that canada has its own driving license so what would be the relevance of the Naija license?
Even if you want to get any driving license here in Niaja, it so be international driving licence atleast that is what i believe. any other comments as regards this driving license issue plz

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
to the best of my knowledge in USA the international driving card is acceptable as a friend got one before she left for USA and guess she is using it now.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Awoderu A.A said:
I was able to get 12 points for the IELTS (point according to the visa requirement and not score) making me to arrive at a total of 72 point.

I hope that's clear.

Some one also mentioned something about update of FRSC driving license, i believe that canada has its own driving license so what would be the relevance of the Naija license?
Even if you want to get any driving license here in Niaja, it so be international driving licence atleast that is what i believe. any other comments as regards this driving license issue plz
Barsindoo mentioned this for reasons below.

Tito also had a thread on his landing/settling experience where he thrashed the licensing issue amongst other things.
Depending on your proposed destination in Canada, 9ja license may come in handy in that it accelerates the process of gaining your Ontario(and probably Alberta too as Barsindoo brought this up) driver's license. Ontario operates a graduated licensing program, with different levels of licensing(G1, G2 & full G), and each intermediate level has its limitations/restrictions and it could take upto 2 years to progress through all the levels. I see folks giving testimonies in church for getting their G license. ;D

The benefit of getting a 9ja license is this, you could get some credits for your prior driving experience in 9ja depending on the time your first license was issued(u get max credit for 3 yrs+), and instead of taking Theory test, G1 road test, G2 road test and having to wait for 1year each at G1 & G2 respectively; with one's 9ja license one only takes the theory test with the option of moving straight on to G2 test(jumping over G1), and if one passes then one gets Full G license just like that with no waiting times. A failure of the G2 test means one goes back down to G1 to do the G1 test and then progress to G2 road test with no waiting period applicable.

One however has to get the 9ja license authenticated by the nigeria high commission in ottawa before the drivetest authority give any credit for prior driving experience

http://www.nigeriahcottawa.com/content/authentication-of-nigeria-drivers-licence-33.html

One could save up to two years in waiting times, and thousands of dollars in Auto Insurance premiums by getting it right first time, and gaining the Full G in shortest possible time, plus the inconvenience of not being able to drive on certain roads, at certain times of the night or carry children could be avoided.

The International license is also good, it helps if one needs to drive in the early days after landing in canada, i doubt if one could actually use it legally for the one year validity it says on the booklet, but one could use it to hire a car during the first 60days of landing in canada without any hassles.

http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx

http://www.drivetest.ca/en/faq/FAQ.aspx

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
lnd_dan said:
to the best of my knowledge in USA the international driving card is acceptable as a friend got one before she left for USA and guess she is using it now.
Yes, you are right, some jurisdictions however place a 60 day validity on the international license.

Emcool00

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-02-10
AOR Received.
09-02-10
File Transfer...
09-04-10
Med's Request
29-04-10
Med's Done....
25-05-10
Passport Req..
11-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
Good people of Naija,I got my visa from Accra yesterday.It was a very wonderful feeling.And in case you are wondering, I had to go at the earliest opportunity before they change their mind and tell me to come in another 2-3 months time LOL.
Anyway I want to appreciate you all for your nice words and the spirit of love and comradeship that exudes on this thread.I hope we can keep this up even after landing.
Back to Accra, I think they are picking up from where they left off last year by concluding with those who have had their medicals done.For instance there were up to 15 people for immigrant visa yesterday not to talk of visiting and student visas.As may be expected most of us were Nigerians and Family class applicants, with few FSW.And for Ig and other 2004 applicants, guess what, there was a 2004 applicant who also got their visa yesterday.This should confirm that they have not forgoten anybody.So hold fast everybody.Your visas are around the corner.
BTW for those who dont have e-passports yet pls go and apply now because the processing is getting more strenous.

@ Tito

Thanks for the invitation.But I am heading to Winnipeg though I may have a stopover at TO. I will let you know how it goes.

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Emcool00,

Congrats!!!!!!! Wish you a happy landing.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Emcool00 said:
Good people of Naija,I got my visa from Accra yesterday.It was a very wonderful feeling.And in case you are wondering, I had to go at the earliest opportunity before they change their mind and tell me to come in another 2-3 months time LOL. Me I dey Laugh ooooooooooooooooooooo....and IS TILL DEY LAUGH OOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! ;D

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Emcool00 said:
Good people of Naija,I got my visa from Accra yesterday.It was a very wonderful feeling.And in case you are wondering, I had to go at the earliest opportunity before they change their mind and tell me to come in another 2-3 months time LOL.
Anyway I want to appreciate you all for your nice words and the spirit of love and comradeship that exudes on this thread.I hope we can keep this up even after landing.
Back to Accra, I think they are picking up from where they left off last year by concluding with those who have had their medicals done.For instance there were up to 15 people for immigrant visa yesterday not to talk of visiting and student visas.As may be expected most of us were Nigerians and Family class applicants, with few FSW.And for Ig and other 2004 applicants, guess what, there was a 2004 applicant who also got their visa yesterday.This should confirm that they have not forgoten anybody.So hold fast everybody.Your visas are around the corner.
BTW for those who dont have e-passports yet pls go and apply now because the processing is getting more strenous.

@ Tito

Thanks for the invitation.But I am heading to Winnipeg though I may have a stopover at TO. I will let you know how it goes.
This is so..... em, so cool!, Congrats Emcool00, enjoy your remaining brief stay in Naija. We dey come behind.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Emcool00 said:
emcool, on a serious note, is the visa valid till January 2011? Just curious to know the validity knowing fully that your medical expires May 2011...........................

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Right said:
emcool, on a serious note, is the visa valid till January 2011? Just curious to know the validity knowing fully that your medical expires May 2011...........................
Sure it will relate to May. Emmcool is in the best position to answer.

Congrat Emcool we are expectant.

Emcool00

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-02-10
AOR Received.
09-02-10
File Transfer...
09-04-10
Med's Request
29-04-10
Med's Done....
25-05-10
Passport Req..
11-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
EMO said:
Sure it will relate to May. Emmcool is in the best position to answer.

Congrat Emcool we are expectant.
For Accra now its 6 months from the date of visa issuance or the date the medical expires, whichever comes first.My own medical expires on 25th May and it was specifically stated that we must land before that day.

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Emcool00 said:
For Accra now its 6 months from the date of visa issuance or the date the medical expires, whichever comes first.My own medical expires on 25th May and it was specifically stated that we must land before that day.
Emcoo, i thank God for you and want to say a Big congratulations this is a good news and hope that we shall all celebrate each other soon in Jesus name.

we look forward to more good news

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emcool00 said:
Congratulations my brother. Wishing happy preparation and landing. Hope there are still more spaces in your boat for those completed their medical to join you.