+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
IG

Thanks for the update but the link does not seem to be functioning

basking4me

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra-Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
??
AOR Received.
Oct 17 2010
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
On the Way!
Med's Done....
Definitely Will be Soon
Interview........
Wont do it
Passport Req..
Sooner than anticipated
VISA ISSUED...
Same as Above
LANDED..........
...With Style :)
guys thanks for givin me d boost. D exam today was something else. It was worse than when i had my pmp cert. Can u guys imagine, simple english. They however dont have a choice, av beaten them to their game. Thanks guys, i hope i can still show my face on this thread after 2wks.

pyramid777

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@basking4me are u PMP ? I'm also PMP since last year... I am considering trying my hands on business analysis certification ie (www.theiiba.org), I feel it might be relevant in canada since the certifying organization is based in canada cos I'm really tired of working in the financial industry... Any ideas or advice from seniors. May God align our steps...

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
pyramid777 said:
@ basking4me are u PMP ? I'm also PMP since last year... I am considering trying my hands on business analysis certification ie (www.theiiba.org), I feel it might be relevant in canada since the certifying organization is based in canada cos I'm really tired of working in the financial industry... Any ideas or advice from seniors. May God align our steps...
You are headed in the right direction. I would say about half of 9ja professionals i know in TO are all into BA. I was at a small owambe in TO last dec, and someone joked that all present had something in common, Guess what? they were all working as BAs. There was this mama who was trained formally and practiced for several years as a nurse in 9ja, and she went for some training, then interned, and managed to get a contract position as a BA. :eek: It's been the line of choice for 9jas who'd done some Banking/IT/Accounting/Finance and the smart ones seem to be making some bucks out of it.

There's a few accredited training institutes in TO, and some 9jas who'd been in the Business for quite a while with the added privilege of being an Ex-Big 4 also run training sessions on the Introduction/Basics of BA.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
igbehinadara said:
Good news is ours this year by his grace.

I got this from another thread by quorax,concerning IMMUNISATION FORM TO BE FILLED BY PARENTS FOR THEIR WARD UNDER 16.

http://www.chinacanada.ca/web/down/immunisation.pdf

If you have under 16 ,pls do save a copy because the forms filled and signed by a doctor here in naija,your kids cannot be enrolled into ny school in canada.

Ig
The immunisation thing is a serious matter, moreso for folks landing from 9ja. I think there's a yellow card they issue out in 9ja at the government hospitals, and some Immig officials at Muritala also make a fuss out of it if you're visiting 9ja as a foreigner. It is always wise to be fully armed, and the Accra PR approval letter states the immunisation/vaccination certs one needs to bring along.

Even with the RED book and GP's report, it was still tough, my lil ones paid dearly for the sins of making a three week trip to 9ja with those silly shots they had to endure. All my protests fell on deaf ears, they just had to fumigate the 3 wk 9ja visit out of them. Even the BCG shots they had already taken as babies, was now used against us, because they had antibodies(from the BCG) - and the practitioner dismissed all my explanations that the BCG was responsible for the antibodies. The RED BOOK counted for little, and the very evident BCG scar on their upper arms did not matter. They had to do Chest X-ray which i had to pay for and at the end there was nothing.

I wrote a strongly worded protest letter to the health board, and the response i got was "having the shots a second time does no harm, and you could have waited for your health card to get the Xray on a free". But i wanted them to secure a place in a particular school before the summer break, and so i could not put myself through the agony of wondering if there would be any spaces left in d school after a long summer break cos of a freebie X-ray. I'd since compared notes with recent PRs and i think i got a rather harsh treatment.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ All, everyday u wait is another day u will never get back again. so as we all are expecting those mail from Accra lets do our work/trade with deligence.praying this week will be better than last week foe we all.and let the good news begin to Roll-in

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
My Nija peeps,

I really need your advice as regards my wife issue. My wife Studied Medical Microbiology and has a B.Sc but has not practiced it since she finished school. She teaches Biology in a Government School here in Lagos. She has always had passion for her course and has wished to practice in that area. If we are granted the Visa i intend to assist her move to that area but i need advice on how she can kick off; as in what are the certificates or schools she would need to attend before she can start to practice in that field.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Awoderu,

Baba, the Lord is your strength. I think there are lots of opportunities for Medical Biologists in Canada. She can easily enrolled for Nursing at advanced stage if she so wish.

How is your IELTS result? Am sure you made it!

Takia.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
@right,

Thanks for your concern. I made the IELTS and was able to accrue a total of 72 point

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Awoderu A.A said:
@ right,
Thanks for your concern. I made the IELTS and was able to accrue a total of 72 point - GREAT

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hi,

Awoderu, check out the thread on immunisation by quorax.I was able to open and download the form for keeps.Congrats on your ielts score.

Basking4me,congrats on the test.

Naija's do have a great week andGod bless.

Ig

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
72points? I thought the highest points for English is 9 How do they arrive at 72, is there any new remark for points calculation

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seglad said:
72points? I thought the highest points for English is 9 How do they arrive at 72, is there any new remark for points calculation
What the guy is saying is that the result from the English test has made his total point to hit 72.