+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
#reposting from another thread

Hi guys,

I just thought that I should share what my monthly budget is; just to give you an idea of what to expect in monetary terms. Please note that this is not cast in stone. Depending on how deep your pocket is, you can either go higher or lower.

I stay in Calgary; Calgary is comparatively more expensive to live in than say, a Saint John's and likewise, it's cheaper (I heard, I can't at the moment confirm but someone can correct me if otherwise) than a Toronto. That said, in Calgary - save for this crude oil price crisis - you tend to earn more than a resident of Saint John's. Whatever the case, your total expected family income will most definitely take care of your needs. Like I said in my earlier post, you will need to plan, plan, plan. Here's my budget. I hope it aids in your planning process

SN Cost Item Monthly Amount (CAD$)
1 Rent of 2 Bedroom Condo Apartment (All Utilities Inclusive) $1,400.00 (you may also consider renting a basement and there are some lovely walkout basements in the NW OR NE ie Taradale, falconridge,castleridge, Panorama,kincora,Evanstons,Conventry hills etc, price is from $800 and above )
2 Daycare/Afterschool care for 1 Preschooler and 1 Kindergarten kid from 7am to 5.45pm (After Government Subsidy) $600.00
(Check Kijiji Calgary)
3 Monthly Transport Pass. You will need two when you first land (This amount drops to $40 after you file as low income) $100.00 (to qualify for low income bus pass you must have A copy of your income assessment and its usually $44. You may also get government subsidy to use the gym, zoo, parks etc kindly check how you qualify at the Calgary transit office downtown)
4 Feeding and other related expenses for a family of 4 $500.00 (check what is in season and bulk buy)
5 Cable TV, Internet & Landline (Shaw) $65.00
6 2 nos of Wind Mobile Phone Subscription (Unlimited Canada-Wide Voice, SMS and Data) $86.00 (The cheapest and most reliable is Mobilicity,its $30 per month, free call to anywhere in America,unlimited internet,free sms world wide etc)
7 YMCA Family Centre Registration (Family has access to gym, swimming pool, swimming classes and other sport activities) $30.00 (Check my comment in NO 3))
8 Fuel (Gas for your car) $100.00
9 Car Insurance $85.00
Monthly Total CAD $2,966.00
Annual Total CAD $35,592.00

Budget somewhere around CAD$1,000 for the following;
TV (unless you want restless children that will make you regret leaving Nigeria)
Pots (16 piece set)
Plates and mugs (set of 4)
Kids plates, spoons and cups
Vacuum Cleaner
Deep Fryer
Toaster
House Phone box

********House phone-Use Magic jack-$50 per year

Kitchen utensil- get referrals from the immigrant services or kijiji calgary
Children Cloths- same
Furniture- same

It can be saddening realizing that you had all these stuff in Nigeria and you now have to buy them all again. Hmmmm... and this brings me to another topic.

Sell everything you have in Nigeria. Don't think about giving them out; the government of Canada is not going to replace all those stuff. Sell 'em and keep the money to use to replace them when you get here.

One last missing piece; plan for your car; very important. Like I said in my earlier post, you can get a good vehicle for between $1,000 - $3,000 CAD at a local auction. Shine your eye sha... this is Canada, not heaven. There are still some funny characters here who might want to pull a fast one. Best to go along with an older landed 9ja person. Japanese is the way; better resale value here in Canada and back home in Nigeria. My plan is to use a good Japanese car, preferably a Honda or Toyota for about 2-3 years then ship it to 9ja as "tokunbo". I can guarantee that you will make your initial capital back (in dollars) even after enjoying the car for 3 years. No one advised me better when I got here and I ended up with a Mazda - a great car but more expensive than I would have wanted - and i definitely can't get value for it here or in 9ja after 3 years.

Whatever works for you,I would advice you can walk in to a preowned shop and check what your options are, you can pay $120 every month on a better car than a crap that can brake down on the highway anytime and it saves you tons of money, time and safety of your family

Stuff like beds; you can get those free through your local immigration services; they referred us to SleepCountry (their version of Mouka Foam) and we got 2 free matresss and bed sets. You can actually get up to 4 sets (depending on your family size). Furniture is easy; just actively search on kijiji, you will definitely find those free. Don't acquire too much stuff or else you will regret when trying to move or dispose of them (you have to pay to dispose furniture and appliances; that's why people advertise to give out their things free of charge, else they have to pay to dispose 'em).

Plan, plan, plan... i can't overemphasize enough!!!!

******HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLES :-* :-* :-*
SHINE YOUR EYES WELL! WELL!!
ASK QUESTIONS
THE INTERNET IS VERY RESOURCEFUL

Loolo

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
concretejungle said:
Welcome Phema!

Err is this the "burden of proof" Phema?

Hello House,

Been a while! I have just been reading silently and praying for those awaiting updates.

@CalgaryChic how far?
Awwwww...... so excited reading from you dear Concretejungle. I'm good and expectant, trust you're great o

concretejungle

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Nov. 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
CalgaryChic said:
Awwwww...... so excited reading from you dear Concretejungle. I'm good and expectant, trust you're great o
I'm great. Silent reader as I no get anything to report.

God in His Infinite Mercies will meet our expectations...

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Hello my People - Happy Valentine! My apologies I have been away for soooo loooong.
Congrats to all the people who landed recently and others who are getting ready to land. I have been living in Edmonton since 2012 and will glad to answer some of your questions if any to the best of my ability.

Thx, Kcsider

Tosode

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Root
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 16
Nomination.....
19 July 16
AOR Received.
17 Nov 16
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
upfront 15 Aug 17
Med's Done....
passed + ADR 21 Aug 17
Hello can u add this number please +447510888916

OLLYBOLLY

Mar 25, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
10-12-2015
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
IELTS Request
13-07-2015
File Transfer...
not applicable
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-06-2016,Application Approved and Closed July1, 2016.
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2016
LANDED..........
sept 2016 by his grace
Help we went for medicals today and my pregnant wife had 3+ in her urinee, she's been asked to do ablood test and then another urine. If found in her urine will dey reject us. Pls I need answers pls guys

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
OLLYBOLLY said:
Help we went for medicals today and my pregnant wife had 3+ in her urinee, she's been asked to do ablood test and then another urine. If found in her urine will dey reject us. Pls I need answers pls guys
Don't worry, as explained to you here all will be well, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-from-nigeria-lets-network-t202722.0.html;msg4985566#msg4985566

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
1/2/12...... submitted 10/2/12
AOR Received.
24/5/10 in process:7/12/11, started processing: 18/4/12
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
Pipis Husband said:
Don't worry, as explained to you here all will be well, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-from-nigeria-lets-network-t202722.0.html;msg4985566#msg4985566
To support your comment :

Nope, I have seen applicants with medical issue especially diabetes and high blood pressure and still got their visas. Some were aware before and some never knew until their family doctor sent them for full blood work and report shows the anomaly.

So keep your fingers and enjoy the bun in the oven.

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
1/2/12...... submitted 10/2/12
AOR Received.
24/5/10 in process:7/12/11, started processing: 18/4/12
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
OLLYBOLLY said:

Apart from this immigration things, pls seek medical help, just to be sure if it's random or she is coming down with gestational diabetes and she can start getting treatment .

Pastor Daniel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
Omoelle said:
To support your comment :

Nope, I have seen applicants with medical issue especially diabetes and high blood pressure and still got their visas. Some were aware before and some never knew until their family doctor sent them for full blood work and report shows the anomaly.

So keep your fingers and enjoy the bun in the oven.
Lucky them

majikprof

Aug 10, 2014
Good day people trust we are all having a great time. There r some questions I wanted to ask cos I wanted to start my immigration process to Canada. Is it compulsory I get a job in Canada from here in Nigeria before I can apply or to make my chances of getting the PR status higher??? Is it also possible to get a foreign licensee status for engineering from here in Nigeria to make the job search easier before the application process also???
One last question if you have like two siblings who are already citizens of Canada can that in any way add to your points in the ranking system for the new express entry system???

Tanx n God bless

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Please all answers would be appreciated. I'm on the PR stage for my PNP nomination (Manitoba ). I would really like to find out about Job opportunities for people with background in Marketing (Bsc)and Management( Msc, Will any certification related to this two disciplines help me to break into the Job sector. I also have a post graduate diploma in Mental Health Nursing acquired from the UK, but have sworn not to do anything with the healthcare sector as I find it draining, demanding and risky. Pleaseanswers would be welcomed as I want to start preparing myself before hand