+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

strangest

Nov 13, 2010
I know probably that this question that am about to ask, has been asked before in the past.. I have tried to search through though, but cannot get it..

I need to know how to register for the IELTS exam here in Nigeria, I am currently in the eastern part of Nigeria... Thank you house for the prompt answers and I wish you all the best..

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strangest said:
I know probably that this question that am about to ask, has been asked before in the past.. I have tried to search through though, but cannot get it..

I need to know how to register for the IELTS exam here in Nigeria, I am currently in the eastern part of Nigeria... I think there is a british council branch in Enugu if not your best bet will be Lagos - Thompson Street, Off Glover Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.Thank you house for the prompt answers and I wish you all the best..

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
strangest said:

I need to know how to register for the IELTS exam here in Nigeria, I am currently in the eastern part of Nigeria... Thank you house for the prompt answers and I wish you all the best..
http://www.britishcouncil.org/africa-ng-ielts.htm

Follow the instruction on the website page and that should be all

Notarization was very easy, did mine at sagamu at N100 per page.
The educational system in the federal university has crumbled; imagine a whole university not having a generator and depending on PHCN. I have been at OAU for over a week and have not been able to collect my transcript all in the name of lack of power supply. A university for Christ sake does not have generator in this present Nigeria.

what is happening at British council? I took my test october 8 and i am yet to receive my result.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strangest said:

Hi
Go to british council branch in Enugu at teachers house/UNDP building or call Nelson on 08036318721
Benny

barneli

Sep 19, 2010
spokes said:
Hi guys,

Just joined and submitted to NS just last month. Visa card debited and waiting for any other communication. Any of you in that boat?
Glad to be in this forum peeps! ;D
Pla am about to submit mine which visa card did u use i have GTB? thanks

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
My Naija peeps watin i fit do if i fit get the original transcript watin i fit do ?

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Awoderu A.A said:
My Naija peeps watin i fit do if i fit get the original transcript watin i fit do ?- Presurise them and let them know u need it for a very important thing. I equally did my MBA @ OAU Ife, but got my transcript within 3 days. Am aware for the underG it may be a very difficult kettle of fish. Right now it is the Lagos State Polytechnic that is delaying me...Reason: they are on strike! But I will wait till end of January God willing.

charlie193

Sep 11, 2010
@ All

I have really gain alot of tips about canada travel in this forum. I am a Nigeria going for my MSc at the University of Manitoba Winnipeg. I have applied for my study permit in Nigeria and I have also done my medicals. I am now waiting for the Visa.

Please I have a question. Can they refuse somebody Study permit because of an eye defect?

I am actually the person I went for my medical today, though I uses glasses, but when the Doctor said that I should remove my glasses I was unable to read the stuff hung on the wall. Now the doctor said I should bring a report from my ophthalmologist about starting the condition of my eyes.

I am actually a shot sighted person with first stage cataract on my left eye( And when my ophthalmologist recommend surgery for the left eye, I blatantly refuse cos am scare and I see well with my glasses on, so I refused the surgery)

Now the Doctor want an Ophthalmologist report about the situation of my eyes, especially the left eye.

Guys Please what do you think?

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charlie193 said:
@ All

I have really gain alot of tips about canada travel in this forum. I am a Nigeria going for my MSc at the University of Manitoba Winnipeg. I have applied for my study permit in Nigeria and I have also done my medicals. I am now waiting for the Visa.

Please I have a question. Can they refuse somebody Study permit because of an eye defect? I don;t think so. The best that can happen will be for the VO to ask you to proceed for the operation prior to visa issuance however I think that is unlikely.

I am actually the person I went for my medical today, though I uses glasses, but when the Doctor said that I should remove my glasses I was unable to read the stuff hung on the wall. Now the doctor said I should bring a report from my ophthalmologist about starting the condition of my eyes.

I am actually a shot sighted person with first stage cataract on my left eye( And when my ophthalmologist recommend surgery for the left eye, I blatantly refuse cos am scare and I see well with my glasses on, so I refused the surgery)

Now the Doctor want an Ophthalmologist report about the situation of my eyes, especially the left eye.

Guys Please what do you think?

charlie193

Sep 11, 2010
@Barsindo

Thanks.... very swift repose. Thanks. I love your user's name Barsindoo.... It sounds so funny to me. Thanks once again, I appreciate.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Awoderu A.A said:
My Naija peeps watin i fit do if i fit get the original transcript watin i fit do ?
Do you have an old one or an original one? If yes i would advise you send it to them with a note explaining your situation. Your school is on strike and you will get and send it as soon as the strike is over. If the school is not on strike but just a PHCN palaver i will advise you wait a bit. What i did was to give it out as a contract to a non academic Junior staff of my school. The guy followed it up for me from one unit to the other until it got to the final bus stop then i went to collect it.

For my husband, we had to beg a friend of his who is a lecturer in UI and he was able to get it out in two months the key is to start early. i dont agree that one should wait till January or february before you submit. I would advise that if you have at least a copy then you submit with a pledge to forward the original as soon as you get it.

When you submit to accra it takes between 6-8 weeks for your status to read received by VISA office and another 4-6 months to enter in process and your time start counting the time you submit. If you submit by november ending for instance, you can try and get the original of the transcript between now and january and forward it to them rather than waiting till then before you submit.

my two cents

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
ofonzo said:
Hello People! I am new on the forum, I have been looking for a naija forum for a long time. This forum is the promised land. Meanwhile looking at the previous post, e be like say the road still long. I applied in Nov 2007 but got AOR Jan 2008 with estimated processing between 51-61 months.This is the 34th Month and the latest processing schedule says backlog applicants may wait 86 months (7 years 2 Months). The total number of applications in Accra is not up to 20,000. Only approximately 3,000 Visas are issued yearly.While China and India are issued 36,000 and 24,000 a year respectively. I tire O
What can CAIPS tell me? Is it true if I use CAIPS I can leap frog the queue?

You are welcome. What is your profession? is it on the new list? if yes i would advise you re apply under the new rule cause 86 months is such a long wait my brother. However there are other ways to get to canada besides this program. There is one that you can use if you have a job offer hence if you know anyone in canada who can assist in getting a job then you can use that route. They also have the school option in many of the provinces. Ontario for instance has a program for Masters and PHD students after which they can be nominated for PR after thier school same applies to manitoba.

Truth is if you have made up your mind to emigrate there then i advise you consider other legal route rather than waiting for 86 months.
Best of luck

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
For all who need to clear theie doubt about PCC. Check the line below.

You may begin to gather your police certificates before submitting your application to the CIO. Although you will not submit the police certificate to the CIO, you must be ready to submit them to a visa office if your application is recommended for further assessment at a Canadian visa office. When you submit the application to the visa office please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months before you submitted your application to the CIO.