+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omo Naija said:
I will advise you go with Scotia Bank... as they are the most "Immigrant friendly big bank" ! I will also avoid RBC cos their shakara is damn too much.

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,2468,00.html
Thanks bro...

yikelin

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
09-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Upfront medical 9th March 2017
Passport Req..
24-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
08-07-2017
canadamyplace said:
Is anyone coming back to nigeria from canada? My WES report has been held up in germany since 28th november due to customs faceoff with agents and their stopping importation of cargoes. Time is running out on me and I understand this issue has been on for two weeks with no end in sight. I wish to send another copy to myself through anybody coming home so that I can beat the deadline.
Did they use UPS am also in the same situation .it's has been in Germany since the 2nd of Dec and UPS Nigeria said there was a airport strike in Germany

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
ksa0510 said:
I can be of help.
Can another copy of WES be sent to a Canadian address?
If this can get to this Canadian address by 11th Dec,you will receive it in Nigeria by 18th Dec.
Send me a PM
pls inbox me ur address. I have been trying to outbox you without success. Thanks . I want to place the order today. Thanks

sumitpal22

Nov 24, 2014
INDIA
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGED : 09 FEB 2015
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICTION 7 7 6.5 7
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
30-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-07-2016
Hi Seniors!

I have collected all the required documents and I'm about to send my whole package:
But before that I have some doubts, Please help me clear those:

1) I'm applying for two members: me and my wife, for education purposes Do I need to send my wife's Documents/transcripts also or is it that only my documents are required?
2) Do I need to send my 10th & 12th Mark-sheets and certificates along with my ECA report & B.E and MBA transcripts/Degrees?
3) what should be the paper quality for Photographs?
4) Is notarization of documents necessary? If yes which documents? Please note: All of the documents I am submitting are in English Language.
5) My Birth certificate was issued by my nearest police station that too in handwriting( but there is an official seal of SHO), because the village I was born in does not fall under municipal limits, would that be a problem? DO i need to attach any affidavit or should I submit a notarized birth certificate copy?
6) Does my Bank need to mention total funds in local currency or Canadian Dollars?

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
TrustingGod said:
I will like t report t d hse that in spite of my fears my family and I landed in Toronto on d 19th via turkidh air.left mmia on d 28th nite arvd istsnbul in d morn,had a layover of abt 6hrs.nxt flight y Toronto lasted 10hrs plus snd turbulent twds d end we hoverrf in d air 4 sbt 26mins.no probs wt clearance,recvd our sin at d airport.no questn abt pof tho I hsf cm prepared..later we wentfor our luggage which was neatly arranged,met our host and went hm amid snow fall.i hv trirf t explore brampton and its ok wt her wide roads.its possible I will go bk t nija ds dec.i pray I am able t meet landed forumites for assistance while here.being a nurse.i hope dat I get smthing doing,nt minimum wage in d hospital setting while pursing nsg reg.i will like t encourage those on d queue t b steadfast.To our dear forumites,tnk u for yr support.i will like t add dt ppl shld nt lose sleep ovs IOM.d rate they gv m was outrageous..turkidh air was ok and imptantly,their plane has gud leg room evn in d y cabin.temps are dipping seriously and our food stock which includes garri bread beans rice is running dangerous ly low.also opened bank acc.i hear ppl say one must vm t canada oncr in 6mos but that's nt stated in d acc visa letter . hesitant t do d health reg.sori I amdoing ds on d phone n its rada stresfl.gud luck t all
Congrats on your safe landing. Welcome to Toronto ----- It's yours to discover.

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
sumitpal22 said:
Hi Seniors!

I have collected all the required documents and I'm about to send my whole package:
But before that I have some doubts, Please help me clear those:

1) I'm applying for two members: me and my wife, for education purposes Do I need to send my wife's Documents/transcripts also or is it that only my documents are required? Wes and transcript
2) Do I need to send my 10th & 12th Mark-sheets and certificates along with my ECA report & B.E and MBA transcripts/Degrees?ECA report & B.E and MBA transcripts/Degrees
3) what should be the paper quality for Photographs?photo paper quality
4) Is notarization of documents necessary? If yes which documents? Please note: All of the documents I am submitting are in English Language.the guide 7000 has the info you need 5) My Birth certificate was issued by my nearest police station that too in handwriting( but there is an official seal of SHO), because the village I was born in does not fall under municipal limits, would that be a problem? DO i need to attach any affidavit or should I submit a notarized birth certificate copy?Nigerian pcc is ok
6) Does my Bank need to mention total funds in local currency or Canadian Dollars? print your statement and submit

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi loolo, sumitpal is Indian, naija PCC will not work :)

FEMOL

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2014
Nomination.....
27/11/2014
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2015
LANDED..........
12/09/2015
Hi All,

Please when is the approximate time to receive AOR after PER, and also which hospital can the Medical examination be carried around Ikeja Lagos and what is average cost for an adult and a child less 10years.

I would appreciate response to my questions.

I wish everyone best of luck at every stage in the whole process.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
FEMOL said:
Hi All,

Please when is the approximate time to receive AOR after PER,-AVO is currently reviewing June applications.July to follow shortly and thereafter you will receive the 2nd line update on ECAS.As per the approximate time,it is indeterminable and this depends largely on the workload of the reviewers please.
and also which hospital can the Medical examination be carried around Ikeja Lagos-No hospital in Ikeja.The available clinics for medicals are in V/I and Ikoyi and what is average cost for an adult and a child less 10years-N28,000 & N22,000 respectively

I would appreciate response to my questions.

I wish everyone best of luck at every stage in the whole process.

Flaky

Apr 11, 2012
You can send me a pm or email me at hephzee@gmail.com. I work in the banking industry here in Calgary so I belive you can benefit from the information and knowledge I have.
pickabeau said:
So can the landed provide tips on the following based on their first hand knowledge

- Recommended Top 3 banks based on suitability of products, no or low fees, proper follow up with customers and help with mortgages.

Thanks

Flaky

Apr 11, 2012
I have accounts at both RBC and scotia and I work in the industry. RBC is one the best banks in Canada on so many terms. Everyone has their opinion but truth is RBC is immigrant friendly and there is no shakers? Which branch did you go that they shakaraed. Customer service is one of the key points in RBC and truth is, like it or not, there is nothing scotiabank can do that can surpass RBC.

Omo Naija said:
I will advise you go with Scotia Bank... as they are the most "Immigrant friendly big bank" ! I will also avoid RBC cos their shakara is damn too much.

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,2468,00.html

Flaky

Apr 11, 2012
Hello, anyone looking to land in Calgary and would need information and advice on banking services and products can pm me or send me an email at hephzee@ gmail.com. I work on the industry , and a good advice that can help you save time and money is extremely valuable. Being a new immigrant in Canada is tough and challenging, I know that because I have experienced it.
If your experience is in banking and would like to know how to transition in banking here in Calgary, I would be glad to share whatever information and advice with you as well.

Flaky

Apr 11, 2012
Last thing I need to add, when I came to Canada I went to Scotia bank and exchanged my usd . I was given the normal exchange rate and ended up losing money on the exchange. The catch for me was the one year free banking. If only I knew!
RBC offers new immigrants competitive fx rate and you enjoy that for more than 6 months! Which other bank does that? Just incase you wonder what competitive fx rate is, it's higher than the regular fx exchange rate so your usd will give you more cad. As far as no fee banking is concerned , there are accounts that are no fee in RBC , and the 6 months free banking isn't cast in stone. There are also other ways to enjoy no fee banking. I am sure that by now , you won't guess the bank I work for!