+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Stella M

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUL 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
SEPT 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
JAN 2014
Med's Done....
FEB 2014
Interview........
Waived by His grace
Passport Req..
AUG 2014
VISA ISSUED...
AUG 2014
LANDED..........
SOON
teejeez said:
thank you house for the show of love and concern especially during my trying times. may we all reach the promise land. though it may tarry wait for it , it will surely come for it will not tarry.

Congrats Teejeez!!! God is indeed faithful. I rejoice with you my brother.

wums

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Nomination.....
March 27 2014
AOR Received.
September 16 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 22 2015
Med's Done....
June 30 2015
Passport Req..
July 15 2015
teejeez said:
thank you house for the show of love and concern especially during my trying times. may we all reach the promise land. though it may tarry wait for it , it will surely come for it will not tarry.
Congrats Teejeez

Balinga

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Hello my people.
I got information that Accra is already sending MR for 2014 FSW applicants. Can anybody confirm this?

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Balinga said:
Hello my people.
I got information that Accra is already sending MR for 2014 FSW applicants. Can anybody confirm this?
No sir.
They are still battling with the backlogs
of FSW 2013 for MR
All the best

lizman

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
18-04-2012
Med's Request
31-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
@Preferred it was quite a long wait but I give God all the praise.

@Peladi I applied under FSW 2011

@Arewaincalgary yeah a month of planning . Already packing waiting on passport to get tickets

@Yomifove yes it was but God saw us through it all

@Airman thanks we are in high gear preparation

@Ritaliciously thanks you will not be left out in Jesus Name

@StellaM Amen and thanks

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Ofis said:
Is there a skills mismatch between newcomers and what Canada needs?
By Silvia Di Blasio
July 6, 2014

One of the reasons unemployment exists and is higher among immigrants and other sub-groups such as university graduates today is because there is an imbalance between what employers and the economy need and what people have studied.

Many argue that part of the mismatch has happened because too many people went to university to study “professional” careers, and too many lack actual, hands-on experience and the ability to think in systems and adapt quickly to new technologies and market trends.

According to a research report by Miiner Management Consultants in Toronto, there are four types of mismatch:

supply-demand mismatch
geographical mismatch
over-qualified mismatch (under employment)
under-qualified mismatch (over employment)

Mismatch creates problems for everyone: jobseekers don't find jobs or settle for ones they don't like, and employers have shortages that impact their productivity as they can't find employees with the required skills and experience.

Why this happens

The problem of skills mismatch is inherent to how free markets work. Left unregulated, markets theoretically respond to the forces of demand and supply. However, “markets” are neither people nor institutions and, as such, they lack ethics, and decisions are made by groups and institutions that may have different interests and goals.

For example, universities and colleges create study programs based on studies of what is trendy or needed. However, factors such as budgets, politics and bureaucracy, or even more practical ones such as not having the required staff or technology may slow down the process of implementing a new program. Certain careers take two to four years or more for a student to graduate, and by the time these graduates are out, the needs in the market may have changed.

It's a similar situation with immigration. While immigration rules are based on provincial and federal skill shortages, the application process may take years, and immigrants arriving today may have the occupations needed five or even 10 years ago, instead of today.

Finally, one of the most prevalent reasons why there is mismatch is because neither students nor jobseekers engage sufficiently in serious labour market research. Not knowing what the market needs leads to choosing the wrong studies or targeting the wrong postings.

What you can do

There are five things you can do to overcome the problem of mismatched skills in your career.

Take labour market research seriously: read beyond the lines, have as many informational interviews as you can, engage in social media groups and follow trends, read specialized publications combined with mainstream and alternative publications. You need to understand what is happening in the economy and particularly in the industry or sector that interests you. Even if you have years of experience, you are new to this particular market. What is happening? What trends can you see? Don't trust a few “friends”; ask the experts and follow your instincts.

Open your eyes and think outside the box: the definition of jobs is changing, the hierarchy of studies and skills needed are changing: there are many more opportunities for hands-on and trade-style occupations than for PhD and master's work.

Look into the emerging economies: the green, the sharing and the gift economies. What is happening? What types of businesses, partnerships, new models and jobs are emerging? How can your skills be transferred here?

Be strategic: don't study “more of the same.” If you can't find a job in your industry, why is this? Do you really need more education or just some strategically chosen hands-on courses?

Emphasize the matches: collect real job descriptions of jobs you want and highlight what they ask for: do you possess them? Do you highlight them in resumés and over interviews? You don't? Think about the training you need or whether you may be targeting the wrong jobs!

Source: canadianimmigrant.ca/work-and-education/is-there-a-skills-mismatch-between-newcomers-and-what-canada-needs
Nice!

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
Dear all,

I'm relocating to another country soon with my family to work for a firm on permanent basis. Having sent all requested documents to AVO, I learnt from some sources that we can defer our medicals on the ground of my wife's pregnancy because of x-ray. I want to defer our medicals so we can settle in this new country before thinking about how to go about this Canada plans. I've read in some forum where they say a pregnant woman can do the x-ray in some trimester, but I don't want any x-ray until the baby arrives.

Can anyone please tell me how to go about this move?

I downloaded a form, IMM5733E - "Instruction for Pregnant Client - X-ray Deferred." Please who is to fill this form. If I'm the one and not doctor, how do I send it to AVO? Mail or courier?

Another issue is that of PCC for the new country, POF etc because by the time our new child comes we must have spent up to 6 months in the new country. Do you think Accra will still be our visa office or the VO for this country which should be London?

All please come to my rescue asap.

Thanks in advance!

ezeocha

Sep 12, 2014
Hello house,Please I'm having a challenge.My statement of account reflects $7,000 as against $22,000 for a family size of four and I backed it up with why a letter why that is so.Please will it be acceptable? if not what can I do?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
ezeocha said:
Hello house,Please I'm having a challenge.My statement of account reflects $7,000 as against $22,000 for a family size of four and I backed it up with why a letter why that is so.Please will it be acceptable? if not what can I do?
Hi, it's expected that you will maintain the settlement funds in your account until you are issued the PR visa. Sending a letter why you don't have the funds at this time will just highlight to AVO that you lack the means to become economically established in Canada according to their rules and that will spell doom for your application. Please don't send such a letter but rather beef up your account to the expected position and provide a reasonable explanation for the source of any sudden inflow such as sale of lands, cars, jewelry or other such commensurate asset to convince them that you are the kind of applicant they want. All the best.

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
ezeocha said:
OMG! Why on earth would you want to send such a letter! :eek: :eek:

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
@Ezeocha,

The letter is not a substitute for bank statement.

B.A

teejeez

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPT 2011
AOR Received.
28 DEC 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
31st Jan 2014
Med's Done....
12 Feb 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
2nd SEPTEMBER 2014
VISA ISSUED...
6th OCTOBER 2014
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2014
ezeocha said:
[/quote

please dont attach any letter abeg. start building up your account now. AVO does not want any story. all they want is money in that account that can take care of the family size you have. you will receive Gods help my brother. it is simply possible if you believe

Jcage

Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
Hello all,

Kindly advise if I could deliver and retrieve my family passports from the AVO through any other courier agency such as UPS or FedEx offering prepaid return envelope service instead of the DHL recommended by the visa post. I am presently not in Nigeria with my family and the DHL offices at my current location informed me that by a recent global policy there's a restriction on prepaid return envelope services to embassies or government offices. Neither can they schedule a pick up from embassies or government offices on my behalf by reason of same policy.

My intention right now is to send the passports for delivery only via DHL and include a letter stating the above reasons why a DHL prepaid return envelope could not be included and request to know if they would accept pick up or collection of the passports from the AVO by any other courier service once notified that the passports are ready for collection. I have a deadline of about 12 days left to submit the passports and other documents requested.

Your thoughts and responses would be most appreciated.