+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
Congrats Airman, Abie, Anvaller and everyone with positive updates.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Omo Naija said:
wow.... A lot seems to be happening on this forum now....

Congrats to all those that have received one update or the other.

A word of advice sequel to my last post... Getting the Visa is not the end but its just the beginning of a brand new journey/phase in our lives.
Endeavor to research as much as possible about Canada and try to have a "Positive minded landed person as your Mentor" to guide you please take note of positive minded, He or She doesn't have to be Nigerian but i guess a Nigerian will understand your issues better.

I was very lucky in my time to have a forum Naija brother "Jibaba" based in Calgary who i have never met till this day and i must say the guy is a great mentor (those of you going to Calgary, i will advise you PM him and tap from his wealth of Canadian knowledge - Please tell him thanks on my behalf if you do contact him). He assisted me in formatting my resume to Canadian standards, he acted as my reference for jobs, He even helped me to get job interviews - May God bless that guy !

I am also available for those of you brave enough to land in Saskatchewan arena as i live in Saskatoon but work in Regina as an I.T Business Analyst.

Godspeed guys, it is well !
Thanks Omo Naija once more. Very good instructive post.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jibaba said:
ehn ehn ,...Omo naija in Saskatoon .plus Regina .. God knows your address oh !

My people ....it is not an easy decision moving over here , but its only the fearless and courageous that can make that decision. Like every other place , there is a system here , understand it ..understand it ..there are ups and down .. pleasant and unpleasant experience....hold to your vision , as in know why you are coming here ....then dont dream small dream here....it entails opening your eyes , ears, being nice to people and trusting God. Sometimes ago i went to a barbing Salon one day and i met a Somalian woman who came to get her son's hair done. She said and i quote " you can be in this Calgary for 20 years , sleeping and waking up and not aware a lot goes on .. you need to ask questions, ask the right questions..... the information is too much .... i wont say more than that .
please if you have any questions , just PM me. I took my time to explore the system , i am still learning , asking questions , listening to people ....and what drives me is to make sure people dont make mistakes i made, or i see people making ...Nigerians are not doing badly here and we just need to help ourselves and form a bonding like the Chinese , Filipinos and most importantly don't expect anything back etc .The chief of Police in Calgary once described Nigerians like this "

..you are from Nigeria....Nigerians, Nigerians, Nigerians, .i love them ... you dont see them doing dirty jobs, they work in the oil companies and big places, wears nicest clothes and live like kings and queens, they carry themselves with great dignity. A Nigerian gets whatever he wants, he will be the first to meeting , He will do all the jobs...but once he gets what he is looking for .. you dont see him again , hes moved on..oh i love you guys ....""" but that does not mean it is that easy like that oh ..

Enough story ..PM me, dont expect quick answer always ... but will def respond ....
Jibaba
very useful information

Stay blessed

TrustingGod said:
@ Pickabeau thanks for yr encouraging words abt my dilemma.Yea,not nt every one on ds forum is in their 30's.But,I am good and can flow wt old and young.Hp u are no longer laughing
@ Gracetrust,Tem,Abie-thanks a lot
@ Hakpoguma,Jibaba-pls be on d look out for me ds Nov,will need all d support a hard working and determined woman-yes i am a woman,bro,can muster.I am planning that I will land and retn t to Nig after two weeks,pls am I in a disadvantage gs way?

I am wondering why its all quiet on the landed naija side.Hv not read any contribution from them.

IOM has not answered me,any ideas about how t reach them-hv d address-or cheap tickets,pls?Thanks for all your contributions
I was not laughing.. lol... i feel this opportunity is for the kids...
Stay blessed and wish you the best

Stella M

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUL 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
SEPT 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
JAN 2014
Med's Done....
FEB 2014
Interview........
Waived by His grace
Passport Req..
AUG 2014
VISA ISSUED...
AUG 2014
LANDED..........
SOON
Hello House,

To the glory of God we received our ugwu leave this morning. The joy is indescribable.

My prayer is that God will shower us with rains of updates this month IJN.

Thank you all for the love and support since I joined this forum....it is indeed a family!

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
Stella M said:
Hello House,

To the glory of God we received our ugwu leave this morning. The joy is indescribable.

Thank you all for the love and support since I joined this forum....it is indeed a family!
Wow! Great news, What a perfect way to start the month, Congratulations Sis! Amen to your prayers...

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Thanks to Kolemn and NwaMarie.

And congratulations to StellaM, u can make plans to fly as soon as u possibly can before the winter gets to its core. Although winter or no winter, God's timing is the best.

All the best.

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
Stella M said:
Hello House,

Congrats Stella

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Stella M said:
Hello House,

Congratulations. All the best

lizman

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
18-04-2012
Med's Request
31-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
Stella M said:
Hello House,

Congratulations Stella m Oya begin pack

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
Stella M said:
Hello House,

Congratulations, may the land favor you and your entire family!

Deyor

Jul 2, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Debarge said:
I stayed in an European country for over six months after my application. If AVO should request for updated PCC , am I meant to also obtain PCC for this country or would it be only for the ones I sent during the application? Seniors please help out.
I think you will have to. I had similar experience - I moved abroad after filing my application and changed my contact address with CIC. I was asked to provide updated PCC for Nigeria and my new location when I received the medical request. They also asked me to provide the POF again.
So it makes sense to be ready just in case. I won't provide it unless they specifically ask though.

teed618

Star Member
May 5, 2013
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 22, 2014
Med's Request
January 27, 2015
Med's Done....
february 7 and 28, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 23, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 6, 2015
LANDED..........
14-09-2015
hi pips,

can anyone help with the email with which I can contact AVO?

stanone

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Hey guys , I have 2 questions and I would really appreciate your replies.
1. How long does it take for work permit application to be processed in CIC Lagos, Nigeria
2. Are Nigerians eligible to apply for work permits at the POE (Point of entry) ?

imani007

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
01-02-2016
Stella M said:
Hello House,

Congrats