+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
Abie said:
Hello guys, got our visas this morning. it's been a long long wait, but in his time he makes all things beautiful.
A Canadian company recruited my hubby from London and he left for Canada in 2010. Our PR application was in October 2011.

My hubby and I are married under the Ghanaian Customary law but not legally married so we have no marriage certificate.
We have a son who is now 4years. We applied as common-law partners and had to prove that we had lived together under the same roof for at least a year. We both provided bank statements and payslips from the same address. At the time that we declared our common-law partnership, (in Ghana even though we lived in London) was still legally married. They were separated though.

There were times that I felt so worried that AVO would not recognise me as a true dependent. All our situations are different but always back your story with documented evidence, I say the more the merrier. We later sent divorced certificate to them.
In the the time that we were waiting, I was refused TRV twice to Canada.

AVO has a mind of its own. It seems that they are not faced by any Ministerial Instructions that come from the immigration minister especially with regards to backlog and waiting times.
The London Visa Office for example is currently serving applicants from May, June, July 2013. AVO has yet to finish with 2011 applications. The only key here is faith and patience; lots and lots of it.

For all who are still waiting, God's speed.
Congratulations on your PRV.

Eni

Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-12
AOR Received.
02-05-12
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
Abie said:
Hello guys, got our visas this morning. it's been a long long wait, but in his time he makes all things beautiful.
A Canadian company recruited my hubby from London and he left for Canada in 2010. Our PR application was in October 2011.

My hubby and I are married under the Ghanaian Customary law but not legally married so we have no marriage certificate.
We have a son who is now 4years. We applied as common-law partners and had to prove that we had lived together under the same roof for at least a year. We both provided bank statements and payslips from the same address. At the time that we declared our common-law partnership, (in Ghana even though we lived in London) was still legally married. They were separated though.

There were times that I felt so worried that AVO would not recognise me as a true dependent. All our situations are different
but always back your story with documented evidence, I say the more the merrier. We later sent divorced certificate to them.

AVO has a mind of its own. It seems that they are not faced by any Ministerial Instructions that come from the immigration minister especially with regards to backlog and waiting times.
The London Visa Office for example is currently serving applicants from May, June, July 2013. AVO has yet to finish with 2011 applications. The only key here is faith and patience; lots and lots of it.

Congratulations.

lizman

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
18-04-2012
Med's Request
31-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
Abie said:

There were times that I felt so worried that AVO would not recognise me as a true dependent. All our situations are different but always back your story with documented evidence, I say the more the merrier. We later sent divorced certificate to them.

Congratulations Abie on your PRV

AirMan

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tangowisky said:
Congratulations!!!!
Thanks Tangowisky. I expect yours now as well as Lizman's, as we share quite similar timelines. We shall shortly be congratulating you.

Stella M

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUL 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
SEPT 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
JAN 2014
Med's Done....
FEB 2014
Interview........
Waived by His grace
Passport Req..
AUG 2014
VISA ISSUED...
AUG 2014
LANDED..........
SOON
Hello House,

Congratulations to all who have received one update or the other. And to those expecting....it can ONLY be positive, remain steadfast.

Just to contribute to the discussion on "change of name/use of maiden name" by sharing a personal experience. For my own application, I used my maiden name (since that is what is on my international passport) while my husband and daughter used their surname and there was no hassles. Most important is to add evidence of legal marriage.

There is NO law that says a woman must bear her husband's surname. Don't get me wrong, I had my change of name documents ready in 2012, but decided not to send to Accra since I do not plan to renew my passport until it expires in 2015. So, if change of name or renewal of passport is going to cause you any delay at this time, please ignore it and send your application as soon as possible. You can always update your application at any time, if you wish.

All the best!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Abie said:

Congrats...so happy for you.
Cheers.

Debarge

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
Nomination.....
06-11-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2014
I stayed in an European country for over six months after my application. If AVO should request for updated PCC , am I meant to also obtain PCC for this country or would it be only for the ones I sent during the application? Seniors please help out.

Abie

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014

Abie

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
9ja4dLord said:
Congratulations...... I wish you all the best in your new country.

LOL @ your statement that AVO has a mind of its own.

Thanks.

Abie

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
Thanks Kolemm and Eni.

Tem

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abie said:

Congrats

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
Abie said:

Congrats!