+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
TrustingGod said:
Gud morning house,
many congrats to our ppl-
Kolemm, Mikeyflexy, Kanulia27, Temi, Headyman
I am tripple hapi to announce that after all this bring this and bring that again and again,we have been requested to bring our passports within 15days.

I do remember reading sm ppls account about using DHL.I can't rem the details.I went to the DHL office in S/lere to enquire and was told that they do not do pre paid service.I was asked to DHL the pasports and when the visa is ready,I should come with the email and then pay for the return leg.They will use the email to collect our passports at AVO.Please,I want to get it right.Is this how the others did theirs?I have also read the information on vfs global and it appears there is no reference to AVO.I request information from forumites on this,pls
Thanks
A big congratulations to you and your family TrustingGod. I still remember the day you told the house that your spouse had to do additional medicals. God is indeed faithful. Please, it would be highly appreciated if you shared your timeline with the house. Thanks and God bless. Once again, congratulations.

Abie

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
Sorry,i will really want to find out.For our seniors that applied in 2011 and 2012,were you told that it would be processed in one year and it ended up becoming over 2 years or nearly 2 years?For FSWP 2013 applicant,we were told one year and till date nobody has heard from them.

They said if you are applying with Arranged Employment then you application would be fast tracked 18 months. It is nearing 3 years and we're still waiting. FIFO has been thrown out of the window. When it comes to processing times, Accra is notorious for long waits. Hang in there.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abie said:
They said if you are applying with Arranged Employment then you application would be fast tracked 18 months. It is nearing 3 years and we're still waiting. FIFO has been thrown out of the window. When it comes to processing times, Accra is notorious for long waits. Hang in there.

With this is very informative and i thought as much.So,that means we should just keep waiting except we see a miracle happen.Thanks

Gracetrust

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
TrustingGod said:
Gud morning house,
I am tripple hapi to announce that after all this bring this and bring that again and again,we have been requested to bring our passports within 15days.

I do remember reading sm ppls account about using DHL.I can't rem the details.I went to the DHL office in S/lere to enquire and was told that they do not do pre paid service.I was asked to DHL the pasports and when the visa is ready,I should come with the email and then pay for the return leg.They will use the email to collect our passports at AVO.Please,I want to get it right.Is this how the others did theirs?I have also read the information on vfs global and it appears there is no reference to AVO.I request information from forumites on this,pls
Thanks
Congratulations, TrustingGod. This is good news from Accra.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
Abie said:
This is serious! So in essence, not even a job offer can shake AVO????? This is certainly not pleasing to the ear. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
@ ASHELA & NwaMarie - Thank you, and may it go round as well.

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
TrustingGod said:
Gud morning house,

Thanks
The key thing is just to keep TRUSTING GOD, He will not let any down.
Thanks for the congratulatory note, and Accept my congratulations on your PPR.

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
kolemm said:
The key thing is just to keep TRUSTING GOD, He will not let any down.
Thanks for the congratulatory note, and Accept my congratulations on your PPR.

CONGRATZ GUYZ

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
Hi Peeps

To those who have arrived in Calgary or any other place within Canada, whats it like in terms of employment and business opportunities?

Are there any prospects or is it like when one relocates to the UK or US when one starts with menial jobs?

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
patecole said:
Hi Peeps

To those who have arrived in Calgary or any other place within Canada, whats it like in terms of employment and business opportunities?

Are there any prospects or is it like when one relocates to the UK or US when one starts with menial jobs?

It depends if you have cognate and progressive experience coupled with international certifications that will bring you to par with what obtains over here ...
People are eager to get to Canada but are not prepared for what lies ahead in Canada ... I cant shout more than I have been on this blog, while you are waiting for AVO get into internationall certifications that will boost your profile if not na menial jobs oooo ,,, Stories full ground but will not say more than I have been saying cos its a diff mindset, orientation and culture over here .. A word is enough for the wise

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
babakura said:

It depends if you have cognate and progressive experience coupled with international certifications that will bring you to par with what obtains over here ...
People are eager to get to Canada but are not prepared for what lies ahead in Canada ... I cant shout more than I have been on this blog, while you are waiting for AVO get into internationall certifications that will boost your profile if not na menial jobs oooo ,,, Stories full ground but will not say more than I have been saying cos its a diff mindset, orientation and culture over here .. A word is enough for the wise
Thanks for this, it seems apart from UK/US/foreign degrees and extensive work one still has to get that international certification...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lizryan/2014/07/17/the-certification-racket/

Godisgood4eva

Jun 12, 2014
Hello forumites,
Pleasecan znyone help me with proof of funds at poe.?.. I confused on what to carry. I have an FD.should I liquidate? I am landing just fir a few weeks to return later. Kindly help o!..thanks.

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Godisgood4eva said:
Hello forumites,
Pleasecan znyone help me with proof of funds at poe.?.. I confused on what to carry. I have an FD.should I liquidate? I am landing just fir a few weeks to return later. Kindly help o!..thanks.

I suggest u liquidate it and travel wit d whole cash, den show dem at POE, anoda option is to open a GTB acct and get a master card, also get d acct statement and perhaps travel wit some cash. But since u r travelin soon, u may not hav d time to open an acct in GTB and wait for master card, so d best option wuld be to travel wit d whole cash after liquidation

All-Wise

Sep 2, 2012
Chingy said:
I suggest u liquidate it and travel wit d whole cash, den show dem at POE, anoda option is to open a GTB acct and get a master card, also get d acct statement and perhaps travel wit some cash. But since u r travelin soon, u may not hav d time to open an acct in GTB and wait for master card, so d best option wuld be to travel wit d whole cash after liquidation
I think he is better off with the first option of going with little cash and account statement with his Mastercard. If it will take time to get MasterCard in GTB, please proceed to any major branch of FirstBank. MasterCard will be process for you and pin activated for immediate usage in less than 15minutes. If you liquidate and travel with the FD as cash, you will definitely have little erosion from it because of exchange to dollar and perhaps exchange to Naira again on return back to Naija except you wish to keep the cash in your newly opened account in Canada. This is my own candid opinion though. Wish you all the best!

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
All-Wise said:
I think he is better off with the first option of going with little cash and account statement with his Mastercard. If it will take time to get MasterCard in GTB, please proceed to any major branch of FirstBank. MasterCard will be process for you and pin activated for immediate usage in less than 15minutes. If you liquidate and travel with the FD as cash, you will definitely have little erosion from it because of exchange to dollar and perhaps exchange to Naira again on return back to Naija except you wish to keep the cash in your newly opened account in Canada. This is my own candid opinion though. Wish you all the best!
You dont really need a mastercard per se.......Most banks in Nigeria now issue a naira mastercard which will dispense the currency of the country in which you are using the ATM(tested and sure)

So you can liquidate your FD into your regular acct with preferablely, GT bank,first bank, UBA, access, stanbic ibtc ( all have been used).....you might not even be asked to show POF at POE ......but in case.....print bank statement and you ll tell them you ll access the funds through ATM if they raised any question