+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

etike

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
@Fossy2014: 1) get d baby a passport as soon as (s)he arrives and send Accra an email. They will let u know d docs to send. They include notarized copy of d data page of d baby's pp, pp photograph (4), a newly filled generic application form n additional family info form n updated pof if d one u sent wt ur applicatn cant accomodate d new addition
2) whether or not the baby will delay d ppr will depend on wat stage of application ur baby arrives/ when u send d supporting docs. If d baby comes before processing has begun @ d visa office then there will b no delay.
3) if u get MR while pregnant u can go ahead wt it if u r in ur last trimester or late 2nd trimester ( bcos of xray). If u cant do d MR for any reason then u have to inform Accra. There is a 60days time frame for MR.
All in all, relax n enjoy ur pregnancy.

coolK

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
oct 2014
Med's Done....
oct 2014
LANDED..........
jan. 2015 ( by the special grace of God)
Fossy2014 said:
Ok guys, I have come with my newbie gibberish again. Please bear with me.

I am the principal applicant in this application ( submitted under NOC 0111, received on 11th June), but ALOT has already changed since then. I just found out that I am pregnant. I was jokingly told by a friend of mine who already landed in Canada "just don't get pregnant between now and your landing o".....so as you can expect, I panicked.

So here I am thinking, goodness me, what is going to happen with this my Ugu leave dreams? ....lol

I know I shouldn't be fretting yet, but I like to plan things way in advance and would like to know what to expect. I have been told all I need to do is inform them of the change in family status ( when baby arrives).

Question- 1) when and how does one go about informing them about an addition to the family?

2) what is the implication on the time and outcome of the immigration decision ( I heard it may delay the receipt of a PPR significantly - is this true?) has anyone else been in this circumstance and can you throw some light on it?

3) since they have a promised faster application process I am also worried that I will still be pregnant when I get a medical request? Or worse, would not be in Nigeria, since I would probably be away having my baby.

Any one willing to trudge through my questions? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

@fossy thanks to Etike for the quick response am at the same junction too. I have even contacted one of the contact on the cic site responsible for the medical examination. And the response I got was they will shield the pregnant person against the Ray and I was assured that the baby and mother will be safe. I Pray in jesus name that AVO commence work on our(2013 applicant) applications so as to land before delivery (AMEN)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Fossy2014 said:
Ok guys, I have come with my newbie gibberish again. Please bear with me.

I am the principal applicant in this application ( submitted under NOC 0111, received on 11th June), but ALOT has already changed since then. I just found out that I am pregnant. I was jokingly told by a friend of mine who already landed in Canada "just don't get pregnant between now and your landing o".....so as you can expect, I panicked.

So here I am thinking, goodness me, what is going to happen with this my Ugu leave dreams? ....lol

I know I shouldn't be fretting yet, but I like to plan things way in advance and would like to know what to expect. I have been told all I need to do is inform them of the change in family status ( when baby arrives).

Question- 1) when and how does one go about informing them about an addition to the family?

2) what is the implication on the time and outcome of the immigration decision ( I heard it may delay the receipt of a PPR significantly - is this true?) has anyone else been in this circumstance and can you throw some light on it?

3) since they have a promised faster application process I am also worried that I will still be pregnant when I get a medical request? Or worse, would not be in Nigeria, since I would probably be away having my baby.

Any one willing to trudge through my questions? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
In addition to the responses you've received, you will need to fill new forms to capture the details of your new child when born. Likewise, your proof of settlement funds must be adjusted to reflect the new addition. That is, you have to prepare a new one which will include your baby. It is when you get to the level of medicals request that you can inform the VO and they will send you detailed info on what is expected of you. All the best with the new addition to your family :)

Gracetrust

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
emmy_est said:
All praise and glory be to God who is ,was and is to come, who causes us to triumph at all times.
My family and i landed in Toronto on saturday 14th june 2014 at about 4:30pm canadian time.

The journey started at about 11:30pm on 13th june at MMIA via turkish airline. Service on board was execllent. We arrived instanbul after about 5 hrs of flight. We boarded air Canada after 3hrs to Toronto. Service on board was excellent and flight turbulent free, we landed after about 9hrs of flight.

Landing process was smooth and completed in about 45minutes with no question asked about POF.

We want to appreciate everybody that has helped to make this dream a reality.......we pray for all expecting one update or the other that our expectations will not be cut short in Jesus name.

We did our SIN registration today(monday)........and wao Canada is beautiful.......tommorrow we ll be going to a school in the neighbourhood to see if my 5yr old son can start school even though school is vacating in 2weeks

Canada is beautiful though its cold even as this is supposed to be summer.
Congratulations. The Lord will possess the land for you IJN

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
emmy_est said:
All praise and glory be to God who is ,was and is to come, who causes us to triumph at all times.
My family and i landed in Toronto on saturday 14th june 2014 at about 4:30pm canadian time.

The journey started at about 11:30pm on 13th june at MMIA via turkish airline. Service on board was execllent. We arrived instanbul after about 5 hrs of flight. We boarded air Canada after 3hrs to Toronto. Service on board was excellent and flight turbulent free, we landed after about 9hrs of flight.

Landing process was smooth and completed in about 45minutes with no question asked about POF.

We want to appreciate everybody that has helped to make this dream a reality.......we pray for all expecting one update or the other that our expectations will not be cut short in Jesus name.

We did our SIN registration today(monday)........and wao Canada is beautiful.......tommorrow we ll be going to a school in the neighbourhood to see if my 5yr old son can start school even though school is vacating in 2weeks

Congratulations....

iceway block

Apr 2, 2011
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 aug 2011
Doc's Request.
Prove of work experience Dec.2013
AOR Received.
21 dec 2011
IELTS Request
send with application
Med's Request
1 nov 2013
Med's Done....
15 nov 2013
Interview........
wave in Jesus Name
Hello, Godisgood, am so happy for you and your family.
I send you pm, kindly read and reply me .
Thanks

iceway block

Apr 2, 2011
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 aug 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21 dec 2011
IELTS Request
send with application
Med's Request
1 nov 2013
Med's Done....
15 nov 2013
Interview........
wave in Jesus Name
solomonwise said:
This is news for all applicants up to 2013.

I sent a mail to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking why there's a slow pace in application processing in Accra as compared to other visa offices,here is the response I got:

Dear XXXX XXXX XXXX:

This is in reply to your e-mail of June 6, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, about application processing times in Accra.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

CIC has finite resources to deploy throughout its extensive overseas network. Many visa offices have large caseloads that involve priority class applications and require sufficient allocations of CIC's finite resources to ensure these cases are finalized as quickly as possible. Each visa office must deal with operational environments unique both to its role in CIC's overseas program commitments and the realities of the region of the world in which they are located. This means that processing times for the same category of applications may vary within the CIC visa office network. Given the varying operational environments in different countries, comparisons between visa offices can be misleading.

Processing targets for visa offices are set within a global management plan that incorporates the capacities of all PR processing visa offices within CIC's overseas network. CIC continually reviews the configuration of its overseas network to ensure that its resources are deployed to maximize its ability to effectively serve our clients.

CIC is committed to the equitable and transparent treatment of all PR applications, regardless of the origin of those applications. However, the resourcing and target levels for some visa offices must be balanced against the requirements of other visa offices in the CIC network. Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on the CIC Website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your concerns.

The main reason for the slow pace of work in accra is in the second to the last paragraph.

This simply means this guys are working assiduously to ensure everything is in order.
. Hello,

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
Congratulations on your safe arrival in canada. May you find favor wherever you turn to.

emmy_est said:
All praise and glory be to God who is ,was and is to come, who causes us to triumph at all times. My family and i landed in Toronto on saturday 14th june 2014 at about 4:30pm canadian time. The journey started at about 11:30pm on 13th june at MMIA via turkish airline. Service on board was execllent. We arrived instanbul after about 5 hrs of flight. We boarded air Canada after 3hrs to Toronto. Service on board was excellent and flight turbulent free, we landed after about 9hrs of flight. Landing process was smooth and completed in about 45minutes with no question asked about POF. We want to appreciate everybody that has helped to make this dream a reality.......we pray for all expecting one update or the other that our expectations will not be cut short in Jesus name. We did our SIN registration today(monday)........and wao Canada is beautiful.......tommorrow we ll be going to a school in the neighbourhood to see i

iceway block

Apr 2, 2011
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 aug 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21 dec 2011
IELTS Request
send with application
Med's Request
1 nov 2013
Med's Done....
15 nov 2013
Interview........
wave in Jesus Name
Solomon u did a good job.

Fossy2014

Jun 2, 2014
etike said:
@ Fossy2014: 1) get d baby a passport as soon as (s)he arrives and send Accra an email. They will let u know d docs to send. They include notarized copy of d data page of d baby's pp, pp photograph (4), a newly filled generic application form n additional family info form n updated pof if d one u sent wt ur applicatn cant accomodate d new addition
2) whether or not the baby will delay d ppr will depend on wat stage of application ur baby arrives/ when u send d supporting docs. If d baby comes before processing has begun @ d visa office then there will b no delay.
3) if u get MR while pregnant u can go ahead wt it if u r in ur last trimester or late 2nd trimester ( bcos of xray). If u cant do d MR for any reason then u have to inform Accra. There is a 60days time frame for MR.
All in all, relax n enjoy ur pregnancy.

Thanks so much etike, coolk and Pipis husband for your very helpful advice. I have taken them onboard. I guess I'll just have to calm down and take things easy. Congratulations to you too coolk, please let me know how you get on.....it's happening soon.

Thanks

Tem

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emmy_est said:

Congratulations on ur landing

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
emmy_est said:

Congrats

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
I hav a short story to tell.
Hmm wonders shall never end. It happened on Wednesday, it was about bedtime when i thought of checking my email. Among some irrelevant mails in my box was dis mail from accra asking me for d colour of my eyes.
I can't thank God enuf. Pls help me to thank him.

Momobee

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Nomination.....
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
kolemm said:
Hmm wonders shall never end. It happened on Wednesday, it was about bedtime when i thought of checking my email. Among some irrelevant mails in my box was dis mail from accra asking me for d colour of my eyes.
Congrats o. We hope to hear more good news in the coming days.

kanulia27

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
AOR Received.
22/10/2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/6/14
VISA ISSUED...
4/7/14 Delivered 16/7/14
LANDED..........
August 2014
kolemm said:

Wooooah I celebrate with u nd urs. I have been on the look out 4 this news. Every other person waiting, be on the look out. It is raining