+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

dcrest

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2012
Doc's Request.
28-02-2012
AOR Received.
PER 23-03-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2014
etike said:
I landed in Calgary on sunday afternoon. The landing process was quite fast. I want to share some info:
If d entire family is nt landing together u av to gv a credible reason for dt. In my case i was asked y my husb wasnt wt us, i told him dt he had to sort out our stuff. I was asked if he gave me a consent letter to travel wt d kids n i told him i didnt know dt was reqd( anyone wt dt scenario shld av dt leta cos i heard another officer asking for d same consent letter).
There is no need to av ur visa restamped when u get a new passport. I just attached d old to the new wt rubber band n i wasnt questioned abt it ( i guess dts y Accra never responded to my emails regarding dt issue).
Congratulations omo'ya, may the glorious God bless your stay in Canada. Regards to your lovely family.
Dcrest

dcrest

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2012
Doc's Request.
28-02-2012
AOR Received.
PER 23-03-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2014
wole cash said:
All thanks to God. I have picked up my prv today at dhl.
Big wolex, congratulations
Dcrest

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
congrats wolecash, headyman and etike on your updates

I will jump on the pension statement bandwagon .. I want to refute the fact that you CANNOT use pension funds as your POF
pension funds are not easily available and mind you the way canadians view pension funds is diff from the way we view pension funds in Nigeria.

Pension funds are accessible when you get to a retirement age not your productive age and you have to go through some paperwork before it can be released to you in installments or lumpsum ...

POF should be cash, draft, savings account, bonds or treasury bills ..
Cheers

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
sving account for sure?? :eek:

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
@ johnson_tade
you cannot use borrowed money as proof of fund...........

I have sent you a private mail

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
babakura said:
congrats wolecash, headyman and etike on your updates

I will jump on the pension statement bandwagon .. I want to refute the fact that you CANNOT use pension funds as your POF
pension funds are not easily available and mind you the way canadians view pension funds is diff from the way we view pension funds in Nigeria.

Pension funds are accessible when you get to a retirement age not your productive age and you have to go through some paperwork before it can be released to you in installments or lumpsum ...

POF should be cash, draft, savings account, bonds or treasury bills ..
Cheers
ON POINT GBAM
we should note that the fact that pension fund was used by some and it was overlooked by the visa officer doesnt make it acceptable....another person migth be unlucky ......more so the vo might consuder other points like type of profession,salary,family size even the amount presented without the pension fund to overlook it.....its better to be safe.

my one cent

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
emmy_est said:
ON POINT GBAM
we should note that the fact that pension fund was used by some and it was overlooked by the visa officer doesnt make it acceptable....another person migth be unlucky ......more so the vo might consuder other points like type of profession,salary,family size even the amount presented without the pension fund to overlook it.....its better to be safe.

my one cent
Thanks...in my opinion, everyone should be encouraged and allowed to use all the weapons in their possessions (pension stmts, fixed deposits, property evaluation etc) regarding POF.....lets allow the VOs to make their own judegment - pls remember in life, nothing is impossible. Cheers.

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
emmy_est said:
@ johnson_tade
you cannot use borrowed money as proof of fund...........

I have sent you a private mail
I think you can borrow it and let it stay in the account for some time. IT WORKS!

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
I hope I am permitted to voice my opinion on the use of PENSION FUND as pof.

It is not acceptable by cic.

Loolo

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
News Release — Attracting Skilled Newcomers to Canada

Federal, Provincial and Territorial Governments Working Together to Meet Canada’s Labour Needs through Active Immigrant Recruitment
Ottawa, March 18, 2014 — Federal, provincial and territorial (FPT) immigration ministers today reiterated their commitment to actively recruit economic immigrants that have the skills the Canadian economy needs most.

Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander and Alberta’s Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour Minister Thomas Lukaszuk co-chaired the meeting of FPT ministers responsible for immigration. Economic immigration was a top priority for all ministers around the table.

Ministers agreed to continue collaborating on building the new active recruitment model which is known as the Expression of Interest (or EOI) system. It is intended to transform Canada’s immigration system into one that is more responsive to labour market needs.

EOI will provide governments and Canadian employers access to skilled foreign workers and expedite their entry into Canada for jobs that aren’t being filled by people already in Canada. Ministers agreed to engage jointly and intensively with employers on EOI prior to the new system launch in January 2015.

Immigration Ministers also endorsed a plan to improve settlement outcomes for newcomers across Canada. It includes improved pre-arrival services, foreign qualification recognition, language learning for newcomers who are not in the workforce and ways to encourage newcomers to become more connected to their communities.

The ministers reviewed progress to date on the FPT Vision Action Plan, reiterating the continuing need to align immigration levels with economic demand, build a fast, flexible economic immigration system focused primarily on meeting labour market needs across Canada, and improve social and economic settlement and integration outcomes for newcomers to Canada.

As immigration remains crucial to Canada’s economic future, the ministers agreed to meet again before the end of the year to continue this important work.

Under the Canada-Québec Accord relating to immigration and temporary admission of foreign nationals, Québec fully assumes sole responsibility for establishing immigration levels, and for the selection, francization and integration of immigrants. In areas under its responsibility, Québec develops its policies and programs, legislates, regulates and sets its own standards. Québec is an observer at FPT meetings.

Quick facts

EOI will complement the Provincial Nominee Program which will continue to be a key mechanism to allow provinces, territories, and employers to meet regional labour market needs. Almost 41,000 provincial nominees (including their spouses and dependants) were admitted to Canada through the PNP in 2012, up from approximately 13,500 in 2006.
Thanks in part to the PNP, 42 percent of all economic immigrants in 2012 intended to settle outside of Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, compared to only about 20 percent in 2000.
In 2012, 62 percent of immigrants were in the economic stream. Governments aim to achieve a minimum of 70 percent, nationally and by jurisdiction, in the years ahead.
FPT governments are committed to ensuring that newcomers integrate and contribute fully to the Canadian economy, and to their communities, as soon as possible. For its part, the Government of Canada will invest almost $600 million in 2014-2015 to support newcomers’ settlement needs outside of Quebec.
Quotes

“The Government of Canada’s number one priority remains economic growth and job creation. Immigration plays a key role in Canada’s long-term prosperity and we are committed to seeing newcomers succeed across the country. With our provincial and territorial partners, we look forward to launching the Expression of Interest system together next year.”

- Chris Alexander, Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister
“Immigration, and selection through Provincial Nominee Programs, plays an important role in building Canada's permanent workforce and in addressing labour shortages and skill gaps across the country. Provinces and territories will continue to work with the federal government towards developing an Expression of Interest immigration system that is responsive to our regional labour market needs.”

- Thomas Lukaszuk, Alberta Minister for Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2014/2014-03-18.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
loolo said:
I hope I am permitted to voice my opinion on the use of PENSION FUND as pof.

It is not acceptable by cic.

Loolo
Any evidence of someone who used it and it was turned down? At least we have evidence of someone who used it and scaled through.

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
wole cash said:
All thanks to God. I have picked up my prv today at dhl.
Oga Wole, Mr Money! Congratulations on this final feat. Now the wait is over. Oya, alele... Canada beckons. Go and possess your possessions bro.
Its well with you and all yours.

Dada-Karma

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
johnson_tade said:
Okay thanks, for how long do you think I should let it stay after submitting the statement of account to the Provincial Nomination office.
You don't need to keep it after the submission. What is important is before submission and sincerely this is critical. I do not know how long you have kept the 1.2m in your account and also the cash flow in the account. If the 1.2m has stayed for some months or at the end of every month you have about that even if it is not constantly there, I think you can just borrow the 600k for few days (if there is good cash flow in your account). If not, I'm afraid you have to keep the 1.8m for some months to show it is ''unencumbered".

Others forumites may wish to contribute.

Good luck!!

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
Oluspe said:
Ecas changed to IN-Process: we started processing your application March 5. Lord we thank you.
Olupse, I see you applied Jan 2013 and nominated May 2013. Please which stream are you on? Does this mean AVO has started treating 2013 applications?

Kindly hint me if your statement above means you have MR now.