+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
Eni said:
I'm happy to inform the house that I received a message from Accra today informing me to make arrangement for the pick up of my package.
Thank you for your support.

Congratulations Eni and I wish you all the best. Did u use DHL or VFS?

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Eni said:
I'm happy to inform the house that I received a message from Accra today informing me to make arrangement for the pick up of my package.
Congrats Eni on this positive update. Please what courier service did you employ?
Wish you da best.

Dada-Karma

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Eni said:
Nice, that's super-fast!...Congrats!!

All the best!

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
Eni said:
Great! Meaning it's a 2-week wait time. Glad your maple leaf is ready for collection.
Congrats.

switchlanes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
IELTS Request
06-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
ecas - in process medical recieved 13-11-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2014
LANDED..........
5/06/2014
Eni said:
congrat ..... straight to dhl with the printed copy of the mail, so you can have your passport back asap.... ;D :D

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014 ; Passport Pick-up: 18-11-2014 ; Passport Delivery: 21-11-2014
LANDED..........
Next year, 2015. By God's grace
Quote from: jigzyy on March 03, 2014, 05:23:01 am

My experience for interview is almost similar to xp4com, Dreamer, nkalra, Dub2Can, so I guess no need to write all the details down. Overall, it was nice talking to Visa Officer. At the end, when he asked if I want to ask something, I said, what stages are done and what are left, then he explained that Major part is covered today, and only formalities, like Medicals, RPRF and Security Agencies's criminality is left just to make sure that you don't have any previous convictions.

I thanked him and told him that it was an experience and honour to meet my visa officer and at least now that I know my case is moving forward because many LVO applicants are still waiting to hear something. He thanked me too and told me that we have a deadline to meet for 1 year so most of the cases will be cleared within an year.

Before leaving room, I told him that I am going at Tim Hortons to celebrate with coffee and doughnut and he had a good laugh at it

Pls go through the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report-2013/section1.asp

Excerpts from the link;
Eliminating Backlogs and Improving Processing Times

Application backlogs in a number of programs pose significant challenges to the immigration system, and reducing and eliminating them is a priority for CIC. The FSW Program backlog, which in 2008 had peaked at more than 640,000 people, has been particularly problematic as it constituted a major roadblock to Canada's ability to respond to rapidly changing labour market needs. The sizable proportion of CIC's processing capacity for this program was dedicated to clearing applications that were up to eight years old, and this hampered CIC's ability to process applications from persons whose skills are needed today. The continued presence of this backlog was unfair to applicants and delayed the transition to a fast, flexible and responsive immigration system. Since the launch in 2008 of the Action Plan for Faster Immigration, CIC has limited the intake of new applications under this program. As a result of these efforts, CIC reduced the pre-2008 backlog by more than 50 percent and the overall FSW inventory by over 25 percent. However, the size of the backlog demanded further action and CIC introduced three notable measures in 2012.

First, in February 2012, CIC and participating provinces and territories launched the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot to respond to Canada's labour market needs while also further drawing down the backlog. Under the terms of the pilot, FSW applicants with work experience required by provinces and territories were redirected to these provinces for possible nomination under provincial nominee programs (PNP).

A more significant measure was introduced in the Jobs, Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act, which received Royal Assent on June 29, 2012. Under this law, CIC terminated around 98,000 FSW Program applications received before February 27, 2008, that had not received a decision before March 29, 2012. The law required that all fees paid to CIC be returned to the applicants. This substantial reduction of the FSW Program application backlog is now smoothing the transition to an increasingly fast and flexible economic immigration system.

The third measure was a temporary pause on the acceptance of new FSW applications, apart from those with valid job offers and students pursuing Canadian PhDs. Implemented July 1, 2012, this measure enabled CIC to focus its processing resources for the FSW Program on the remaining applications received since 2008. The pause remained in place until May 2013, and allowed CIC to develop and implement the program changes mentioned above and make considerable progress toward the goal of processing all FSW applications by the end of 2014. As a result of these efforts, the FSW backlog has been reduced to approximately 65,000 persons as of the end of July 2013.

To address the growing backlog and wait times in the Parents and Grandparents Program, CIC launched the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification at the end of 2011. On November 5, 2011, the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration issued Ministerial Instructions that temporarily put a pause on the acceptance of new sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents so that CIC could process the applications already received. With the inflow of new applications paused, CIC was able to accelerate backlog reduction by increasing admissions on existing applications by up to 50,000 over 2012 and 2013. Under Ministerial Instructions issued in June 2013, CIC will begin accepting new applications in 2014.

On December 1, 2011, CIC introduced the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, as a follow-up measure to the temporary pause on new parent and grandparent applications. The super visa is a multiple-entry, temporary resident visa (TRV) that allows eligible parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit Canada for up to 24 months at a time over a 10-year period. As of the end of June 2013, over 20,000 super visas had been issued, representing an 85-percent approval rate since the launch of the visa.

The Department continued to reduce the backlog of in-Canada refugee claims. In late 2009, the backlog peaked at 62,000. This restricted Canada's ability to provide timely protection to refugee claimants in genuine need of protection. It also reduced Canada's ability to remove those not in need of protection from Canada in a timely manner. As of June 2013, the backlog of cases that were referred to the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) prior to the coming into force of the Balanced Refugee Reform Act and the Protecting Canada's Immigration System Act was reduced to 24,000.

The centralization of intake for in-Canada Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) applicants and applications for permanent residence under humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) grounds in April 2011 has greatly improved the Government of Canada's approach to managing applications. CIC is better able to move work around its network to where capacity exists and enhance the coordination across Canada between CIC and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), allowing for more rapid identification of priority work and the processing of both PRRA and H&C applications in greater volumes.

The focus is on the forth paragraph which talks about the third measure and the hilite. I think that irrespective of the time you applied for fsw whether in may 2013 or march 2014 or the time PER was issued, all applications should be processed by the end of 2014 all things being equal hence the word 'considerable' in the statement. This corroborates jigzsy's statement at the interview section where the visa officer emphasized on one year. I believe the one year should be by end of 2014 . Also from this link, cic never mentioned fsw 2014, which I think may not happen. Their focus is to clear all backlogs including fsw 2013 which we are part off before EOI takes off possibly jan 2015. this is my take on it. Any better analysis or suggestion will be appreciated by forumites. Like Floxzy said, MR should start anytime soon for fsw 2013 and PPR and PRV may follow in quick successions for the simple reason that fsw 2013 is a lot simplified for VOs. Only BG, security/criminality checks. No education credentials check since it was done by WES or any other ECA. I believe this ECA would have caused a lot of delays for fsws before 2013 since VOs will have to write each school to verify certificates and you know in naija it can take forever. In my case I was visiting unilag to beg them to check their PMB and email box regularly. You can imagine if it were VOs to the schools.

Cheers

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Hakpoguma said:
My dearest people,

To God be the glory, my PPR just landed few minutes ago. I am so delighted about this.

Jodav, Alpharm, Arese, M5, Temi and others - please watch your email box.

Cheers.
HAA, Just to put it on records here. I say a BIG congratulations. Your PPR is well deserved and i want to use you as a point of contact for Alfpharm, Jodav and others waiting for their PPR. May God speed up the remaining process for you and indeed everybody waiting for an update, however not forgetting those that recently got their MR. Let the beat go on

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Kit01 plus +1 for you jare.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Eni said:
Eni, congratulations once again.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
headyman said:
Congrats Eni.
headyman, you will soon laugh very soon, the next MR to be released will be for you.

Congratulations in advance.

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Eni said:

Congratulations

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Eni said:
Congratulations Eni.

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Ikemba said:
HAA, Just to put it on records here. I say a BIG congratulations. Your PPR is well deserved and i want to use you as a point of contact for Alfpharm, Jodav and others waiting for their PPR. May God speed up the remaining process for you and indeed everybody waiting for an update, however not forgetting those that recently got their MR. Let the beat go on

Amen to your prayers.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Ikemba said:
Many thanks, my brother Ikemba/Chris......greatly appreciated.
I have also said Amen to your prayers on us all. Cheers.

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
guvcode said:
Good thinking in my opinion, go for it, champion the talks
Beware: Fairly long post. Please pardon me if this is like unnecessary information.

I'm sure we are all waiting for our trip to Canada but are we really getting ready to survive in Canada?

What is your objective of moving to Canada? What do you want to achieve by going to Canada? Are you prepared for the rigors of what it takes to excel in Canada? Or will you come back to this forum some years later to say something like "these Canadians are crooks. The FSW/PNP (or whichever program brought you to Canada) is nothing but second slavery"?

I have been trying to read widely on this forum and I confess tonnes of useful information are lying in different threads on this forum alone. How many have you seen? Or are you just concerned about the timelines and the spreadsheet?
What are you doing presently and what do you intend to do to survive when you land in Canada? What value are you adding to yourself now that will make you more marketable in Canada?

I once met a lady and she was complaining bitterly to me about the difficulty in getting a good job in the US. And by good job she meant a job that would befit her as a graduate from a Nigerian University. She had been in the US for about 6 years when I met her. Towards the end of our discussion, I realized she had (only recently) sent her folks back home in Nigeria to help her request for her transcript and she was doing it for the first time after graduation. She had not furthered her studies in the US in the six years she had been there. I had to ask her how she expected to get any “graduate job” if she had never evaluated her certificate to convince employers that it is the equivalent a BS/BA in the US. These are the people that will talk about the evil and slavery inherent in the American Visa lottery.

I am not saying you WILL get a job once you evaluate your credentials or that there is no discrimination in the Canadian System. I’m not there so I do not have any evidence for or against discrimination, employment rate etc. However, I have noticed that most of the folks that shout the most about the unfairness of the system are those that are least informed , least equipped, least prepared for what they are going to meet in the new place.

So what are you doing to equip yourself for the life in Canada?