+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
tinuadeadebola said:
My brother thanks oh we are fine. PPR would come soon I guess they don't want you to land in this harsh weather!!!!! But I know it's a matter of days and you would receive the mail.
Thanks. very good to know. No shaking - we are all looking forward to the PPR mail. :D :D :D We are ready to land with/without the harsh weather - Naija nor dey carry last. 8)

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Oga Hakpoguma, i dey hail ooo, your boy is still very loyal sir.... i go helep you fire prayer make accra free your visa sharp sharp.

Abeg buzz me if you wan threaten accra for the ugwu leave.

To all man wey still dey wait, my heart remains with you... it will definitely come.

One final note of advise; except you have a job waiting for you already in canada don't be too quick to resign your appointment in Naija or where ever you are cos the hiring process in canada from my experience is kinda slow.

Those of you heading towards Saskatchewan, Saskatoon or Regina (i know they will be veeeery few cos all man dey go Calgary or Toronto) abeg give me a PM buzz lets hook up and rub minds.

Happy Valentines Day all !

Hakpoguma said:
Thanks. very good to know. No shaking - we are all looking forward to the PPR mail. :D :D :D We are ready to land with/without the harsh weather - Naija nor dey carry last. 8)

Oluspe

Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Jan-2013
Nomination.....
16-May-2013
I was made to understand by my sponsor that accra release's PPR, MR ....etc tuesday's n thursday. Please can it be corroborated?

Am a PNP applicant.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Omo Naija said:
Oga Hakpoguma, i dey hail ooo, your boy is still very loyal sir.... i go helep you fire prayer make accra free your visa sharp sharp.

To all man wey still dey wait, my heart remains with you... it will definitely come.

One final note of advise; except you have a job waiting for you already in canada don't be too quick to resign your appointment in Naija or where ever you are cos the hiring process in canada from my experience is kinda slow.

Those of you heading towards Saskatchewan, Saskatoon or Regina (i know they will be veeeery few cos all man dey go Calgary or Toronto) abeg give me a PM buzz lets hook up and rub minds.

Many thanks, my brother....it is well. Prayers dey ongoing until PPR, MRs, PERs are released to all of us still waiting - based on our various stages of our application.

I go hala you when making plans to land Accra for the maple leave - by God's grace. There is an appointed time - God's plan.

Very good advise you have provided re Naija's job resignation. Abeg, take care oooo. Cheers.

switchlanes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
IELTS Request
06-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
ecas - in process medical recieved 13-11-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2014
LANDED..........
5/06/2014
Oluspe said:
I was made to understand by my sponsor that accra release's PPR, MR ....etc tuesday's n thursday. Please can it be corroborated?

Am a PNP applicant.
i quite agree with you oluspe, PPR is always release on tuesdays to thursday. MR could fall b/w monday to fridays, i just wonder what accra is doing right now, dey keep having backlogs of MRs and PPRs, no PPR has been release this month per-say.

praying for goodnews soon

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Omo Naija said:

Hmm... it is impressive how u, madam Tinu and some others maintain solidarity in the thread even after having completely crossed the bridge. This is worthy of emulation.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
switchlanes said:
i quite agree with you oluspe, PPR is always release on tuesdays to thursday. MR could fall b/w monday to fridays, i just wonder what accra is doing right now, dey keep having backlogs of MRs and PPRs, no PPR has been release this month per-say.

praying for goodnews soon
To buttress your point on MR, I got mine on a Monday.

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
Omo Naija said:
One final note of advise; except you have a job waiting for you already in canada don't be too quick to resign your appointment in Naija or where ever you are cos the hiring process in canada from my experience is kinda slow
But someone advised in a thread on forum that it is not advisable to travel back to ones country after landing even if you have your PR card. His point is that CIC could eventually use this against the individual at the point of quest for citizenship saying the person is not economically stable in Canada.

I might be wrong but my own opinion is that if one fulfils the number of years required by law to obtain the citizenship status, say 3 years stay in 4 years, he can't be denied. So one might even stay as long as possible in Nigeria until you gets job in Canada.

Personally, I would have wanted to leave my family in Canada after landing and come back to continue with my work here in Nigeria until I secure employment over there. In this case, my family's presence keeps counting towards citizenship application.

All, what is your opinion please'?

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
egbe,

You need to sincerely do a "cost - benefit analysis" before you finally decide what route to take and also consider that its really not all about the money sometimes cos most of us guys won't be happy leaving our beautiful wife's alone in canada for those small canadian boys to start toasting.... :mad:

I personally came back cos the job offers i had in canada were dragging their feet as they claimed "some budgets needed to be released"... and i couldn't just stay without any income (and i wasnt ready to do any survival job :mad:) especially when my current job in Naija pays my salary in US dollars, so i decided to come back and wait for them to contact me when they are ready even though i'm still in touch with other Canadian recruiters / employers.

But all in all, consider your present income, your present outflows (cos we spend a lot on things in Naija that can be avoided like fuel/diesel for Generators etc), other overhead costs etc, you also need to consider your safety cos it was after i left that it really dawned on me that Nigeria especially Lagos is NOT safe at ALL :eek:.

Most guys who have people to stay with initially might be a little bit lucky (but i really doubt if that person will be okay if your stay exceeds 90 days). Our individual initial circumstances might be different i believe but there is really a lot of planning to be done especially when you have a family travelling with you.

Lest i forget and VERY IMPORTANT, please be careful while dealing with Canadian recruiters cos i lost about 2 jobs cos more that 5 different recruiters submitted my resume for the same job vacancy (which angered the employers and consequently disqualified me - one of them was kind enough to send me a mail about this goof). I recommend you don't deal with more than 2 or 3 recruiters at a time and ensure you monitor the jobs that they send in your resume for to ensure you don't have double or triple resume submissions.

It is well guys... We will Succeed !

egbe said:

But someone advised in a thread on forum that it is not advisable to travel back to ones country after landing even if you have your PR card. His point is that CIC could eventually use this against the individual at the point of quest for citizenship saying the person is not economically stable in Canada.

I might be wrong but my own opinion is that if one fulfils the number of years required by law to obtain the citizenship status, say 3 years stay in 4 years, he can't be denied. So one might even stay as long as possible in Nigeria until you gets job in Canada.

Personally, I would have wanted to leave my family in Canada after landing and come back to continue with my work here in Nigeria until I secure employment over there. In this case, my family's presence keeps counting towards citizenship application.

All, what is your opinion please'?

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Omo Naija said:
egbe,

You need to sincerely do a "cost - benefit analysis" before you finally decide what route to take and also consider that its really not all about the money sometimes cos most of us guys won't be happy leaving our beautiful wife's alone in canada for those small canadian boys to start toasting.... :mad:

I personally came back cos the job offers i had in canada were dragging their feet as they claimed "some budgets needed to be released"... and i couldn't just stay without any income (and i wasnt ready to do any survival job :mad:) especially when my current job in Naija pays my salary in US dollars, so i decided to come back and wait for them to contact me when they are ready even though i'm still in touch with other Canadian recruiters / employers.

But all in all, consider your present income, your present outflows (cos we spend a lot on things in Naija that can be avoided like fuel/diesel for Generators etc), other overhead costs etc, you also need to consider your safety cos it was after i left that it really dawned on me that Nigeria especially Lagos is NOT safe at ALL :eek:.

Most guys who have people to stay with initially might be a little bit lucky (but i really doubt if that person will be okay if your stay exceeds 90 days). Our individual initial circumstances might be different i believe but there is really a lot of planning to be done especially when you have a family travelling with you.

Lest i forget and VERY IMPORTANT, please be careful while dealing with Canadian recruiters cos i lost about 2 jobs cos more that 5 different recruiters submitted my resume for the same job vacancy (which angered the employers and consequently disqualified me - one of them was kind enough to send me a mail about this goof). I recommend you don't deal with more than 2 or 3 recruiters at a time and ensure you monitor the jobs that they send in your resume for to ensure you don't have double or triple resume submissions.

Thank you Omo Naija - my brother. Very good insight provided.

isy

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
0631/6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cogratulations to every one that got recent updates.wishing every one a beautiful valentine.

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
Omo Naija said:
egbe,

Thanks senior!

Sahik

Mar 15, 2013
Hakpoguma said:
Thank you Omo Naija - my brother. Very good insight provided.
Just a little addition to the discussion on securing jobs.

Quite a lot of good jobs here are landed by networking. You may want to hook up with a social or professional forum when you arrive here to help you connect with people who are in the companies you are looking to apply to. Nobi only for Naija, "IM" is key here o!

ASHELA

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
18/2/2014
Med's Done....
28/02/2014
Passport Req..
1/4/2014
VISA ISSUED...
30/4/2014
LANDED..........
june 2014
Omo Naija said:
egbe,

+1 for u sir, thanks for the knowledge and advices shared

Eni

Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-12
AOR Received.
02-05-12
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
Good evening everybody.
I noticed a third line has been attached to my ecas showing that they have started processing my application.
This next week is ours in Jesus name.